• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Fantasy Football League 2004

Well guys...I have some bad news. I'm not even sure where to start with this, but I felt it best to come clean and be honest about it. I realize everyone has sent in their money and have probably been working hard preparing for the draft....so hopefully you'll understand how hard it is for me to come forward with this. Anyway, I've had some things come up recently in my personal life. I've had to think long and hard on whether or not I could continue running and participating in this league with my current situations. So I regret to inform all of you (hopefully my "forgiving" fellow bruddahs) that I will big kickin your asses and smoking your "would be" cigars come December. Thanks again for the "donations". TheBeast

Bastid!!!!!

That was a good one, I'm dying laughing over here!

Just keep the cigars at 70/70 for me, okay? Just in time for the new year!

Bwaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa :sign:

TheBeast said:
Well guys...I have some bad news. I'm not even sure where to start with this, but I felt it best to come clean and be honest about it. I realize everyone has sent in their money and have probably been working hard preparing for the draft....so hopefully you'll understand how hard it is for me to come forward with this. Anyway, I've had some things come up recently in my personal life. I've had to think long and hard on whether or not I could continue running and participating in this league with my current situations. So I regret to inform all of you (hopefully my "forgiving" fellow bruddahs) that I will big kickin your asses and smoking your "would be" cigars come December. Thanks again for the "donations". TheBeast
Yeah yeah. Just like last year right... Oh that's right, I remember now.

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

NA

SamClemmons said:

NA
You remember? You mean you remember me smoking 30 fine cuban cigars? Yeah...that's what I thought. ;)

TheBeast said:
SamClemmons said:

NA
You remember? You mean you remember me smoking 30 fine cuban cigars? Yeah...that's what I thought. ;)
Keep talking there, big blue!

As posted at the League Home Page:

League Notes:
• Your live online draft is set for Fri Aug 27 10:15pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 7 days, 3 hours, and 56 minutes from now (test your system). Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time. You can pre-rank your players at any time.
• The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
• If you wish to leave this league, you must delete it completely.
• Upgrade to a PLUS league and all members will gain access to the StatTracker™, Draft Kit, Assistant Manager and expert analysis. You'll even get a prize for the league winner. Convert now.

Not sure if there is any realistic way around this. I know some people wanted to know draft order before hand....but it doesn't look like it's happening. :(

TheBeast said:
• The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
Instructions:
Use the drop down boxes to the left to set a specific draft order for your league. If you do not set an order before your draft, we will generate a random selection order for you. Regardless of which method you use, the order reverses each round so the team that starts the first round ends the second, while the team that ends the first round starts the second.

Helpful Hint:
You may want to use this tool to set a specific draft order. Otherwise, your draft order will be totally random.

Go to the league page, on the right select Commissioner Tools then select Edit Draft Order under Draft Management :thumbs:

Wow!!! Man...all these years of running yahoo leagues and I never knew there was a Commissioner Tools section, or even a Edit Draft Order section. :lookup:

That IS NOT A RANDOM selection system. That is for me to go in and select the order myself. Maybe like if we were all local and we could draw from a hat? Yeah. I don't think that is going to happen. :lookup:

TheBeast said:
Wow!!! Man...all these years of running yahoo leagues and I never knew there was a Commissioner Tools section, or even a Edit Draft Order section. :lookup:

That IS NOT A RANDOM selection system. That is for me to go in and select the order myself. Maybe like if we were all local and we could draw from a hat? Yeah. I don't think that is going to happen. :lookup:
There used to be a randomize button on the right, once the league was filled you would be able to click on it.

I would trust you to draw out of a hat or have the wifey do it :thumbs:

I appreciate your trust FastDr...but there is NO WAY that is going to work with 16 teams spread out across the country. Trust or not....someone will "cry foul" if my team remotely gets a good draft spot. I'm in this league to have fun...and to do that I need to eliminate as much head ache as possible. Having the order before hand is not worth the potential problems it could cause. I personally don't need knowledge of my draft spot anytime sooner...so it really is not worth the head ache to me. Sorry.

FYI- No random button. That be one of the "Plus Package" additions. Dunno?

Beastie, I totally agree with where you are coming from... whatever is easiest and least hassle for you is fine by me. Would it be cool to know the draft order early? Sure. Do I need to know it? No, doesn't matter in the slightest. Would people grumble if you got the #1 pick or even in the top three? Maybe, and not worth the risk. Let Yahoo! set the order, that's the easiest way to do it.

(Or set it yourself manually, and claim it's random, LOL!)

All fair in love and war,
Bob

Good to know they randomize automatically. Must be new because in the past if you forgot to randomize the draft was in order of teams joining the league. I forgot to randomize one year and it was not pretty :(

Yeah Bob, we didn't know until we entered the draft last night and with the 5 or 6 of us who were there, it wasn't a problem!

I thought we all had fun with it, I know I was lmao with the side comments checkm8 and coog were making! LOL

So Beasty, whatever you say works for me, just keep my smokes 70/70 for me!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
So Beasty, whatever you say works for me, just keep my smokes 70/70 for me!
I'm not holding the smokes....lucasbuck is. Besides, there mine!!! What do you care how they're stored? :p

Oh God, my team is gonna suck, I just know it. I'm probably not going to be available for the live draft anyway so knowing when I pick is really not an issue.

NA