• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Questions

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
If you guys wanted to see a Cigar Pass FAQ, what questions would you like to see in there? If you already know the answer, that's fine, post the question and answer then.

We're building a FAQ on Cigar Passes, so the more information you throw at us, the bigger and better the FAQ will be.

Thanks...

Oh, i got one.

Which way is the correct way to smoke a cigar? Do you put your mouth on the side which is already cut, and clip the place that needs to be clipped, light that particular side, and smoke it that way?
Or do you put your mouth on the clipped side, and then light the already lit side?

sorry, couldn't resist. but if you think about it, it's pretty interesting. how DO YOU KNOW IT'S CORRECT? :sign:

actually, a good one to do, i think would be to explain the different types of cutters, and their benfits/drawbacks...

thejollyco said:
actually, a good one to do, i think would be to explain the different types of cutters, and their benfits/drawbacks...
what do cutters have to do with a pass? Are you starting a Cutter Pass? ???

He means Cigar pass the site not cigar pass the phenomenon.

The official Cigarpass.com FAQ. Not the Cigar Pass FAQ.

you dig?

I would include more acronyms like FOG and stuff. What's a coolidor, shipping procedures, etc.

I found an AWESOME faq a while ago and posted it. May be worth linking to an existing cigar faq rather than reinventing the wheel.

We aren't re-inventing the wheel bro, jut attaching them to a high performance sportscar. :p Wait, you'll see bro!

Emo

<edit>where is this Fah-Que...errrr FAQ? ??? <edit off>

ahhh my bad.

thought were were startin from the beginnin.

well then, i'd put down what a 5 stick blinder is.
apparently, no one knows what that is at cigar aficionado forums

also, what the best way to ship should be, depending on what's going on (pass, trade, bomb, ect)

also, you should say that for priority, you can obtain free boxes from the post office!

should we clarify what the term "dog rocket" means

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Aren't those the fecal packages we've been sending to everyone? :p

Lumberg said:
He means Cigar pass the site not cigar pass the phenomenon.

The official Cigarpass.com FAQ. Not the Cigar Pass FAQ.

you dig?

I would include more acronyms like FOG and stuff. What's a coolidor, shipping procedures, etc.

I found an AWESOME faq a while ago and posted it. May be worth linking to an existing cigar faq rather than reinventing the wheel.
Lumberg, gotcha, a comprehensive glossery is in the making. ;)

Emo

What Emo and I are working on is something unique, that you've probably never seen before. So the more content the better. Linking to someone else's existing faq does not gaurantee it will remain up, nor can we append to it.

Hang in there, I'm sure you'll like what's to come... ;)

I'll volunteer to write the shipping part! Or just see my thread

Lumberg said:
I'll volunteer to write the shipping part! Or just see my thread
I could use your help on the shipping section. If you would like to help me compile some data on the different shipping services and the pros and cons between the packages available just lmk.

Emo

I've seen a lot of people ask for clarification of cheapies/premium/super-ultra-mega-premium-with-aftermarket-intercooler divisions, including how taxes in some states jack this all out of order.

It seems to me that a major FAQ that people keep going back to is what kind of humidifiers and hygrometers to use and where to get them. I think we all agree on Climmax for the humidifier (65% or 70% is another debate) but I'm sure not everyone here knows about Climmax beads and how to get/ use them. Then of course there is the plethera (I like that word) of different digital hygrometers that can make your head hurt. Accuracy and calibration (salt or otherwise) should probably be included.

Hmmm...post 136, that looks familiar :sign:
I'm going to send those #@%$&*! an email tonight...and they thought they could shut CP down. They don't know our fearless leader Rod very well. Thanks for all of the hard work Rod! :thumbs:

rknicker said:
I've seen a lot of people ask for clarification of cheapies/premium/super-ultra-mega-premium-with-aftermarket-intercooler divisions, including how taxes in some states jack this all out of order.
For this, retail prices are not at all what determnes this. You have to look at MSRP and then compare that to a few different sources, then compare that to availability. Take the AF Anejo's. The Shark's MSRP was about $9. Because of the scarcity there is a bell curve from $9 peaking at $15+tax and subsiding at $18+tax. Now some states, tax is %150, well %150 of 15 is 22.50. So prices aren't the best judge of super premiums. My opinion on what makes a cigar a super premium is this:
1. Do %75 of most people I know score this as a 90+ using CA's system.
2. Does %75 of the people I know have a hard time getting these.
3. Of the people who can get them, is the retail price more than %100 more often than not.
4. Is the MSRP higher than $8.

In my complicated system, if you can make sense of it, it works. For instance, take the CAO Odessey. MSRP is $15.00 for a single coffin. Now by the price, one would think it is a super-ultra-mega premium. But only half the people I know rate this as a +90 cigar. About half the people I know have a hard time getting the cigar. Only 1/4 of the people I know have to pay more than MSRP. So, I think that this cigar still has another year or 2 before it peaks. But because it is available at MSRP fairly regularly, it isn't in the top %10 of cigars. It does make the top %15 of domestics though. And in another 2 years when it does peak in flavor, and it's rarity increases, this might be in that top echelon of cigars. Incidently, I put the Partagas 150 in the same catagory, along with the Diamond Crown line. Just my 2 cents and an insight to my method of madness.

Emo

That's "plethora": an excess of something.

Yet one more member of the English police. :)

Include some type of cigar pass/trade/bombers etiqutte like "don't ask to be bombed" or better "how to ask for a new cigar" or something to that effect. Maybe even a part on paying it forward and repaying for kindness.