• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Podcast

inflatus

GURPS
Does anyone know of any cigar related podcasts? I wanted to see if anybody had some sort radio type program about cigars.

I've been looking for a podcast on cigars for a while with no luck. I know on Sunday afternoons on XM radio theres a cigar show on for a few hours which is pretty interesting.

caudio51 said:
Cigar Dave?
[snapback]240134[/snapback]​

I did not see a podcast link on his site. So i emailed him and asked if he could start one.

Subscribed to this thread. I hope something turns up!

-Zach

I was testing the waters with this last year and recorded two cigar reviews that I posted in mp3 format. I'm not an experienced announcer or reviewer (and I don't play one on the internet!), but if you don't mind a bit of rambling....

At the time, I was listening to several podcasts, including Adam Curry. I got most of my technical ideas from him, although I couldn't afford his setup. For a while I was using a Windows PC and Nero to record the reviews. The sound wasn't too bad, considering the setup. I added a bit of reverb to give some depth and cut out the long dead spots, but other than that it's real.

My son has an Apple laptop now and I have been experimenting with that a bit. Now that it's getting cooler, I hope to resume doing the audio reviews using his laptop. Previously, I sat on the front porch with the mic passed through the window and would run back in the house to stop the recording when I needed to...this created several long dead spots (as I juggled the lit cigar and the mic) that I had to edit out. I hope to bring the laptop with me which reduces the setup time and also lets me watch the recording, time, etc.... The Opus one ran a bit long (I was shooting for 6-8 mins).

We could start our own cigar podcast by taking turns posting the mp3 files. We could set a time limit, create a format, etc....I'm willing to help and can get us started.

If you are interested, you'll need a microphone (the more you spend the better you sound), some kind of recording/editing software and a web host where you can post the mp3 files. My files are 1.6M and 3.3M for about 6 and 12 minutes respectively. I forget all the settings, but can provide them if you want them (pm me). I'm thinking a laptop works best. Given the community we have here, there are probably folks who know a lot more than me about this...Feel free to chime in with suggestions.

You can check my previous "podcasts" here:
huppman review
opus review

If you listen to them and think "Hey, I could do that!". Well, yes you can!

Yes, the Dog Watch Social Club is a decent podcast. I have been listing for at least the last 8 weeks. It's available through Itunes if you go the ipod route or directly from the website posted above. It's fun!

www.Dogwatchsocialclub.com - Cigar Podcast (you can listen online)

Part I of my interview is supposed to be on this coming week's show (03/04 or 03/05) you can listen to me sound like a dope.

BTW - It will be the first I am hearing it too, so we can laugh along together. LOL!

It's a good show, so you should be listening anyway!

~Mark

Given some of the characters we have on this site, I think it'd be really cool to have our own Cigar Pass podcast. Wouldn't you like to hear Moki & Ginseng compare notes on a Fuente? How about the Master being interviewed on how he selects his cigars for the day? I'd subscribe to that!

I just subscribed to a new podcast that just started. Its called "Cigar Nation" and its faily good. Definitely worth checking out.

kevpriest said:
Given some of the characters we have on this site, I think it'd be really cool to have our own Cigar Pass podcast. Wouldn't you like to hear Moki & Ginseng compare notes on a Fuente? How about the Master being interviewed on how he selects his cigars for the day? I'd subscribe to that!
[snapback]295247[/snapback]​

:laugh:
I'm in... to listen to this that is!

Anyone listen to Don & Mike?

There's an outside chance that Cigarmony.com will be briefly discussed on today's show!

~Mark

bursty said:
I just subscribed to a new podcast that just started. Its called "Cigar Nation" and its faily good. Definitely worth checking out.
[snapback]295523[/snapback]​

Sounds interesting...did some searching, couldn't find this. Might you have a link?
omgblinky3sm.gif

209214.gif

Fuscat said:
Here you go BrewMeister! Here are the links for CigarNation. I subscribed yesterday and listened to the most recent episode today. I liked it!

http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=16015

You can also go here to get the previous episodes:

http://www.clickcaster.com/podcast/view/7454
[snapback]296608[/snapback]​

Thanks Fuscat, I'd actually stumbled onto The Cigar Nation site. Also, found a good resource in podcasts.yahoo. Unfortunately, since I don't have broadband and only ISDN 128K service, these downloads take a bit of time. Thanks again.

The new DogWatch Social Club episode is up!

www.dogwatchsocialclub.com

~Mark