• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Register software

Just finished the install.

Looks really nice. Got my cigars entered already.
All eleven of them. There are some advantages of being new with a small collection. :)

Just tried to delete a humidor and got the following message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.
at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex)
at System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at QS.CigarMinds.CigarRegister.frmHumidor.fillForm()
at QS.CigarMinds.CigarRegister.frmHumidor.Init()
at QS.CigarMinds.CigarRegister.frmHumidor..ctor(Int32 pAction, Int64 pIDHumidor)
at QS.CigarMinds.CigarRegister.frmMain.deleteHumidor()
at QS.CigarMinds.CigarRegister.ucHumidorTree.deleteHumidorToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CigarRegister
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Cigar%20Register/CigarRegister.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
QS.Cigar.DAL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Cigar%20Register/QS.Cigar.DAL.DLL
QS.Cigar.Tools
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Cigar%20Register/QS.Cigar.Tools.DLL
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.v6.1
Assembly Version: 6.1.20061.28
Win32 Version: 6.1.20061.28
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Win.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Shared.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Shared.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Shared.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v6.1.dll
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinTabControl.v6.1.dll
System.Web
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.210 (QFE.050727-2100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
QS.Cigar.ExtendedTools
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Cigar%20Register/QS.Cigar.ExtendedTools.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v6.1/6.1.20061.28__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb/Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v6.1.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Looks like once you've put in a humidor it stays forever!!!

So I just tried installing this program and my security suite labeled it as a trojan horse. What's the deal with this?

Edited: I downloaded again and this time ran it with no problem. That's just... odd.

So I've been trying to install this for a while, but can't get past the splash screen. As far as I know, I'm not running window blinds. I have sent Peter a PM through this site, and not heard back. Today I sent an email to him through his website and it bounced back. This looks like great software, sure would be nice to be able to use it. Anyone heard from these guys recently?

Did you guys see this software was written up in the Euro. Cigar Cult Journal ? Pretty kewl knowing that some of us were beta testing it.

So what's the overall concensus of this product? Grade wise or on a scal 1-10. I've seen cigar briefcase before and it seemed very difficult to use. I have everything on an Excel sheet right now and it works fine, but I'm always open to new better ideas.

Wade

So what's the overall concensus of this product? Grade wise or on a scal 1-10. I've seen cigar briefcase before and it seemed very difficult to use. I have everything on an Excel sheet right now and it works fine, but I'm always open to new better ideas.

Wade

If I would have to guess, I'd say a 7-8, its still a lil buggy, and is missing some in the database, so you have to add it manually, little things here and there, but all-in-all not bad.

First off, I think Peter and his team should be applauded for attempting to put together some useful, and free, tools for people to use to inventory their cigars. I'll be perfectly honest, I only spent a little time a week or two ago with the software and the concept and presentation was great. There are a few cigars right off the bat that I didn't see in the database (I don't recall but maybe Tatuaje and the various Pepin Garcia creations) so I didn't spend too much time fooling around with the program (I saw an earlier response about how to add cigars to the database). Since I already have all of my cigars listed on a Word table (have used Excel in the past as well), I am not really "in the market" for new software nor do I feel like spending the time entering all of the cigars again. However, for those people who currently do not have any inventory list or for those who wish to spend the time re-entering their stash, this software has some real upside potential once the bugs get worked out.

Why is it missing some very popular ciagrs such as ANY of the Rocky Patel's or any of the Drew estate cigars?

Also, when adding my humidor I kept getting error messages no matter I typed in for dimensions, etec. I tried both English and Metric units and it still did not accept ANY of the information I added

Lastly, you must scroll through all ciagrs to find the one; does it have the ability to type in a letter i.e. S, then jump directly to the start of the string of cigars starting with the letter S?

Wade

I'd give it about a 5 or 6 right now. It has potential, but it's still too buggy and in some ways quite tedious in use. I've given up on it and gone back to my Excel sheet. It looks real slick, I'll give them that.

Why is it missing some very popular ciagrs such as ANY of the Rocky Patel's or any of the Drew estate cigars?

Maybe the European origins of this program are to blame for this? I know some stuff isn't available over there that is readily available here. I really don't know, but that would be my guess.

Yeah, saw the write up in Euro Cigar Cult myself. Pretty cool, I was showing it to my wife earlier.

Overall I think it's the best product of it's kind to come out so far, it has a bit to go, but without a doubt IMO the best so far.

Nice work Peter :) and nice photo.

Hi everyone,

Nice to see that my topic is still here! :rolleyes: I just thought I should drop in and see how it goes. I like the new look.

We're now getting more and more excited as we're working on the finishing touches of the next major version of Cigar Register, 2.0, planned to release this week. The feature list for this version has been a secret since the beginning, back then we didn't really know if we could even make it the way we imagined, but in the end I must say that in my opinion the countless nights spent with drawing data flow and work flow diagrams were all worth. It took so much time to create our original concept that we decided to release version 1.3 in the meantime, in which we introduced the multilanguage support, originally planned for 2.0.

I truly believe that Cigar Register 2 will bring the next generation of cigar management softwares and that it will help building one of the largest cigar communities available .

Thanks for all the support and the almost 2000 downloads - stay tuned! :cool:

Peter

Hi Peter, Thank you very much for all of your efforts thus far. It looks like it will be a wonderful tool for us cigar bugs. I just downloaded it this week and had a couple of crashes trying to load the my cigars page like some of the others. But my main question is:: when I try to add a new cigar and get to the cost/cigar part, no matter what number I put in or leave it blank, it tells me invalid number then I loose the entire entry. How do I fix this? will it be fixed in the next version due this week?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks, TC

Crappy day out today, I'm downloading version 2 right now. Going to go down to my humidor(s) and try to start compiling all my data.

We'll see how it goes.

Well this didn't take me very long.

Downloaded the "newest and best" version of the program. It's in horrible condition.

- Can't add cigars to your humidor without filling out "every" piece of info on it (i.e. origin of wrapper, filler, binder, cost...).

- Can't add two of the same "brand" of cigar without getting a "cigar already exists in database" error (i.e. can't add a VSG Beli 1 then a Robusto)

With those two problems it's pretty much a useless program....oh and no Rocky Patels even in the database? /sigh

Working just swell for me now. Thanks a lot for this. This software is much better than any other I've used and I will be using it from now on. It has even replaced my little spreadsheet inventory I've used for over 2 years.

:thumbs:

I had one of those and my laptop hard drive is dead and I had my thumb drive (safety device) in my computer, on the ground, and I kicked it. I ill definitely have to check this program out.

Working just swell for me now. Thanks a lot for this. This software is much better than any other I've used and I will be using it from now on. It has even replaced my little spreadsheet inventory I've used for over 2 years.

:thumbs:

I had one of those and my laptop hard drive is dead and I had my thumb drive (safety device) in my computer, on the ground, and I kicked it. I ill definitely have to check this program out.
I hope it works for you. I've abandoned it after too many problems and I have gone back to my eXcel sheet and hand written journal.

This program has a lot of problems...

I bet Ambrosia Software could make a functioning cigar database program....if they did, I'd be able to stop organizing my cigars like a Voinian...

Pretty please?