• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Register software

Yeah well my problem is that I lost a lot of bands on the way back from Iraq. My spreadsheet had all of those on it so I would know what I liked. Now I just went and wrote on the backs of the rings I have from recent smoking. I think I at least remember most everything I tried over there.

I really like the Outlook style interface and the overall look of this but for functionality, and adaptability I have to go with Stogie Rate Linky

I’ve been attempting to use this program, thanks Peter for your work and efforts. However, I have a couple of difficulties/suggestions.

1. Entering the price for a cigar needs some serious work. I've read your explanation here. I understand your explanation, however, I think for most of us converting to one currency for each user, (US Dollars for example) in the options tab would be the most efficient. If I buy some cigars in EUROs I can convert them to $'s without much problem. Furthermore, unless I am missing something I still think the existing feature is in desperate need of some changes. For example, if I’d like to enter a price $3.50 price per cigar, I can not, it will only allow a whole number in the first price field. This needs addressed. And the best I can tell there is no way to edit the price of cigars once inserted, compounding the aforementioned problem. If I'm missing something please let me know.

2. A suggestion - A easier way to navigate the complete database would be a nice improvement. Either with the typical A B C - click able navigation field along the top of the database screen or the capability to jump to the “F” when the box is active and you hit the letter “F”.

Well those are the two areas I’ve been most frustrated with thus far. All in all, a nice application. I'd say about half of the cigars I've entered thus far are not in the database(i.e. Connies, Toraño Virtuoso, Perdomo Reserves, Quo Vadimus, just to name a few).

Thats for the help on the price thing, I never would have found the problem. I might give the program a try now. I still get the error thing but it does not seem to be a fatal error.

I can't get it to sync. Running Vista Ultimate.

Connection check always says succeeded.

Synchronizing cigar database always says failed.

Also, whenever I try to add a cigar from the database, I get about 6 oledb errors, and then "Operation must use an updateable query".

Can't get it to do anything useful.

I can't get it to sync. Running Vista Ultimate.

Connection check always says succeeded.

Synchronizing cigar database always says failed.

Also, whenever I try to add a cigar from the database, I get about 6 oledb errors, and then "Operation must use an updateable query".

Can't get it to do anything useful.

I am not having too much trouble with it right now.
I am having the same sync issue, I thought it was becasue I had a crappy connection.
Also, I tried to find the DL for Stogie Rate, but had no luck, can anyone help with this. The link abouve does not seem to have the DL info.

Tim

I emailed SF, and this is what I got back

Thanks for your interest in StogieRate Cigar Inventory software. We just pulled the file downloads about four days ago because we are getting ready to reveal the commercial version of the database.

We got so many requests to include all our reviews and photos of cigars and bands, that we finally created the database with all these features. Unfortunately, it will be too big to download, so we will be selling it on CD-ROM, probably for around $5.

It should appear on our web site in a week or so.

Best,

Doc

Has anyone had any recent experiences with the Cigar Register Software? Have they worked out the kinks?

I contacted SF as well asking if he would ship to FPOs and he said he will. He also said this:

The CD should be available after I get back from RTDA. I'll announce it on my podcast, but it will also be linked from the Hot Cigar Deals sales page.

I contacted SF as well asking if he would ship to FPOs and he said he will. He also said this:

The CD should be available after I get back from RTDA. I'll announce it on my podcast, but it will also be linked from the Hot Cigar Deals sales page.

Sounds interesting. Of course, we will expect a full review! :D :cool:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new version of StogieRate is out on www.stogiefresh.com Just go to Doc's Deals, then the Accessories deals. I can't wait to get mine and then I will provide a review.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new version of StogieRate is out on www.stogiefresh.com Just go to Doc's Deals, then the Accessories deals. I can't wait to get mine and then I will provide a review.

Awesome..just curious if you can add cigar brands or vitolas that arent listed in the program. I guess I will have to wait till you receive it. I notice that it even works on Mac OS! Woohoo!!!! :thumbs:

Bump

Any one tried the new stogie rate yet?

Tim

Back