• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Shipping 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smallg - that's exactly why I was looking for them. I certainly understand that more padding needs to be wrapped around them for shipping, but if you have some naked sticks, these individual baggies are great to use (within a larger bag). Also, they serve well in passes.

smallg said:
theorangeman said:
Ok, I found some  :)

In case anyone else is interested, I found them a box of 1,000 for $25 at Office Depot.

2 x 8 bags
[snapback]249164[/snapback]​

Cool, I also found some HERE.

:D
[snapback]249165[/snapback]​

Holy crap - definitely use this source and NOT office depot. These suckers are about $17 less than what I just ordered. :0

What the hell is up with that? Time to cancel my order and get some from this source - thanks for the link! :thumbs:

theorangeman said:
Smallg - that's exactly why I was looking for them. I certainly understand that more padding needs to be wrapped around them for shipping, but if you have some naked sticks, these individual baggies are great to use (within a larger bag). Also, they serve well in passes.
[snapback]249267[/snapback]​

Right! Lucasbuck sent his end of the newbie trade this way (each cigar in its own ziplock) resulted in 100% perfect cigars. :thumbs: Ever since than I've adopted the method.

Also, glad I could help with the ziplocks! I'm picking up some for myself as well. Have a great rest of the weekend.

I just placed an order and realized that they charge 8 bucks for ground shipping (so not quite as cheap as I thought before) but still about $9 less than office depot! They also have a $10 min (so if your order is only 7 bucks, they'll just add 3 bucks to it). Instead of paying the order min., I went ahead and bought some 1 x 8 bags as well. After buying a box of 1,000 1 x 8 and a box of 2 x 8 the price was just over 22 bucks (still about 5 bucks less than office depot and I'm getting two boxes instead of one!) :)

if anyone questions the reason for good packing...

Older post

I sent the box ( :cool: ) and I always pack well for this reason!

One other thing. If you're going to vacuum seal your sticks, make sure you don't suck all the air out. Example of 2 cigars I received that were vacuum sealed and caused the Sharks to come out looking like Slim Jims:

shark32ui.jpg

tnshark1ou.jpg

This is great info for someone like me getting started around here. THanks.

A little tidbit from my friendly neighborhood USPS clerk... they are no longer going to be making the priority mail boxes available at local post offices (except for the larger priority mail box, and the envelope).

Apparently people were taking them, sending them inside out, wrapping them in paper, etc, etc., and so they were cutting into the sales of regular boxes.

They are not going to be getting any more of the popular videocassette-sized boxes so useful for cigar shipping in, for instance... so go to your local PO and pick up the remaining stock while it lasts.

After it's gone, you're going to have to order the boxes online.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been having trouble getting them lately anyway. Will probably go ahead and get some larger quantity of them.

aha ..... my local PO has been out of them all week, I was wondering what was going on. Placed my online order yesterday afternoon.

:cool:

I ordered 50 of the video cassette boxes online and set up a direct billing account so I don't even have to leave my couch to ship out. Makes things much more convenient when times are hectic and you are unable to get to the post office for a few days.

Thank you for this valuable info. Just got my boxes and labels and I am ready for my first trade!

I ordered 50 of the video cassette boxes online and set up a direct billing account so I don't even have to leave my couch to ship out. Makes things much more convenient when times are hectic and you are unable to get to the post office for a few days.

:sign:

I guess that includes the bank as well. :whistling:

LMFAO!!

Nice find Gonz. :thumbs:

I wonder when this shitball is going to send Shooter the money he owes him? ???

[/quote]

I can attest to this - his bomb just arrived in one and it had worked perfectly. If anyone thinks regular USPS can *bang up* a package - wait until you see a poorly packed item go through Militatry hands! This one showed up excellent!

[/quote]

Lol, boy are you not lying. Plus you have to deal with the "snail mail" as well. When we aren't with a carrier, we usually only get mail like once every month when we're out to sea when we get resupplied. Right now we're good though. The desert duck (An SH-60 helo out of Bahrain) brings us all of our toys every couple days to keep us happy and content. Pissed off sailors aren't the most fun bunch to hang around. Lol. We start walking around with the lazy eye and saying things like "yarr" and "avast me hearties" as well as dreaming of making people walk the plank. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.