• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cigar suggestions for bachelor party

throwbacksf

Hey brothers,

A friend of mine is getting married at the end of summer and his bachelor party is within the next few weeks. We've got a solid weekend planned and of course it will include drinking, cigars, and golf. Since I don't have a lot of box purchases under my belt I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some ideas of which box of cigars to purchase. I kinda want a value or bargin cigar because some aren't regular cigar smokers. I'm thinking the weekend will require about 20 cigars and spend around $50. But i'd spend up to $100 if the recommendations on high. So what do you guys recommend. Is John Bull a solid choice?

Get the best padrons you can buy for the money. I saw Jim was running a GB Here that should have a laundry list of stuff to pick from at an amazing price.

You won't go wrong with Padrons...if you want something lighter than that Oliva G.

I hope you spend more on the hookers!!

Go with a Macanudo or a Feunte Hemigway or Chateau.

Unless the folks smoke regularly, those should do fine.

Contact a few 'retailers' here and see what they have to offer!

Padron 2000, 3000 or 6000. For the money and quality, you can't go wrong. Besides, if there are any left over at the end of the night, you won't mind the extras as you'll be smoking a good cigar for weeks to come.

HdM Excalibur, Padron 2000, Fuente Cuban Beli or Punch Rare Corojo.

If you find Fuente Hemingways for under $100, LMK!

BTW, $1 shipping at www.cigarplace.biz on the first of every month.(tomorrow)

Chemyst :cool:

Not that it really matters but I can also vouch for the 2000.

I can't speak for the 2000 yet because its still cooking in the humidor but I can say positively that everyone would adore a Mayorga cigar. I've never seen a cigar with that more of my cigar-smoker and non-smoker friends love when I give them one. You could get a box of Toro sized cigars for under $50 from JR or Famous-Smoke. Or you could get the 5X50 for around $40. I would highly recommend any of the Mayorga's not only because of price but because the quality rivals any cigar three times its price.

If you can swing it the weekly deal at JR are Siglo Limited Reserve with free shipping but I think its will be above you $100 a box ceiling.

I can't speak for the 2000 yet because its still cooking in the humidor but I can say positively that everyone would adore a Mayorga cigar. I've never seen a cigar with that more of my cigar-smoker and non-smoker friends love when I give them one. You could get a box of Toro sized cigars for under $50 from JR or Famous-Smoke. Or you could get the 5X50 for around $40. I would highly recommend any of the Mayorga's not only because of price but because the quality rivals any cigar three times its price.

If you can swing it the weekly deal at JR are Siglo Limited Reserve with free shipping but I think its will be above you $100 a box ceiling.

Do you work with, or are you affiliated with JR Cigars in any way Larry?

Reason I ask is it looks like a lot of your post are pushing JR alternatives, and now the Mayorga which is another JR brand.

Personally I'd also go with Padron 2000 maduro. Those who are the cigar smokers will like them as well as those who don't smoke as much.

Oherwise stop into a local B&M and find something they can recommend for cheaper. The problem with some of these is that you'll get some with tight draws or even plugged... whereas I don't think I've ever smoked a Padron that was hard to pull.

For some reason I have such bad luck with lower end Fuentes... most of the ones I get, no matter where from, are so tight they are unsmokable.

Reason I ask is it looks like a lot of your post are pushing JR alternatives, and now the Mayorga which is another JR brand.

I wish I worked for a cigar company :(

If you look in detail you will see that I posted a HORRIBLE review of JR alternatives and will never purchase another JR house brand cigar (holts and famous have some house brands I can really appreciate).

If your read in further detail you will note that I recommend and like Famous-Smoke, JR, and Holts. Three rivals. I didn't know Mayorga was a JR brand but it is a wonderful cigar and I recommend trying it. You'll probably see more JR mentions because I live very close to one and I like to visit them when I have time. I like to online shop at Famous, and friends of mine live near a Holts so when I get the chance to travel in my busy schedule I shop and try and stock up at Holts.

Often if I have visited a shop or a website with a good deal I will be looking to post that up for others to realize, as I did the Siglo's at JR. This should not be interpreted as a bias review because I have no affiliation with any of these company's but it should be read as a candid opinion.

Have a good July 5th everyone!

Cheers!

If you look in detail you will see that I posted a HORRIBLE review of JR alternatives and will never purchase another JR house brand cigar (holts and famous have some house brands I can really appreciate).

If your read in further detail you will note that I recommend and like Famous-Smoke, JR, and Holts. Three rivals. I didn't know Mayorga was a JR brand but it is a wonderful cigar and I recommend trying it. You'll probably see more JR mentions because I live very close to one and I like to visit them when I have time. I like to online shop at Famous, and friends of mine live near a Holts so when I get the chance to travel in my busy schedule I shop and try and stock up at Holts.

Often if I have visited a shop or a website with a good deal I will be looking to post that up for others to realize, as I did the Siglo's at JR. This should not be interpreted as a bias review because I have no affiliation with any of these company's but it should be read as a candid opinion.

Cheers!

Cool!

Was just starting to look like you may have been working for JR or something, which would not have been an issue as long as you let everyone know you're a retailer up front.

BTW.... Mayorga is an excellent inexpensive cigar. I've downed quite a few of the Robusto Maduro ones and rank them up there with the Padron 2k's.

Cheers!

Cool!

Was just starting to look like you may have been working for JR or something, which would not have been an issue as long as you let everyone know you're a retailer up front.

BTW.... Mayorga is an excellent inexpensive cigar. I've downed quite a few of the Robusto Maduro ones and rank them up there with the Padron 2k's.

Yeah I can't really complain about the Mayorgas. Another cheap cigar I could add to this list, but I haven't tried is the Alec Bradley Supervisors. They are pretty huge and likely the next box I purchase. Could be a little strong for occasional smokers being 60X6"+ but at around $3 or less per stick and a substantial cigar it could be a fun experience for all including the ones that can only smoke them for 20 minutes.

If you are going with Alec Bradley, try to stick with either the tempus or prensado. The rest of there stick aren't as consistent.

AF 858. Beginners to serious smokers usually like them. My universal go to.

Seth

If you are going with Alec Bradley, try to stick with either the tempus or prensado. The rest of there stick aren't as consistent.

I like the Alec Bradley Family Blend as well...haven't smoked the new vitolas, but the original vitola was stellar and consistent.