• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Tasting 101

Man,

Dredged up an older thread for that. :D

Even though it was only two years ago, I've learned a lot. NorCal's wheel is quite useful. The wheel that BadHangover posted (from Shortcut Cigars) is quite a bit more complex but does not add anything over and above Norc's wheel that would be useful for the average taster, like me.

Wilkey

Man,

Dredged up an older thread for that. :D

Even though it was only two years ago, I've learned a lot. NorCal's wheel is quite useful. The wheel that BadHangover posted (from Shortcut Cigars) is quite a bit more complex but does not add anything over and above Norc's wheel that would be useful for the average taster, like me.

Wilkey

No "Malted Yeast Infection"? :D

Good reading. It is such a subjective subject, taste. :p
I always have a hard time picking out specific flavors.
That flavor wheel pretty much covers it all. I think it will help me a lot to pick out flavors, if I look at that wheel while smoking. Sounds funny, like taking subconscious suggestions or something. It's liken eating jelly bellys. Ever had those? They are these flavored jelly beans, they have hundreds of flavors. A fun thing to do is to try to guess the flavors. Well, some just won't register - until you know what it's supposed to taste like, then it clicks. So in a similar manner, I'm hoping this flavor wheel helps me pick out cigar flavors. Thanks for the posts.
:)