• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigarpass Book Thread

I just finished "Musashi" last night. Even at my rate of reading (meaning, I read more than the average bear), it still took me nearly three weeks to finish off the 1,000 page Japanese epic. Keeping in mind that this was written so long ago, I really enjoyed it. The ending was perfect for the message of the tome, for sure.

I started in on Colonel David Hackworth's biography, "About Face", last night as well. This is another 800+ page book.

I just finished "Musashi" last night. Even at my rate of reading (meaning, I read more than the average bear), it still took me nearly three weeks to finish off the 1,000 page Japanese epic. Keeping in mind that this was written so long ago, I really enjoyed it. The ending was perfect for the message of the tome, for sure.

I started in on Colonel David Hackworth's biography, "About Face", last night as well. This is another 800+ page book.

1,000 pages? I'll wait for the miniseries.

But seriously, I hadn't heard of Musashi until just googling him now. Even the fictionalized stories taken from his duels and life look fascinating. Is the book you read widely considered the definitive book on his life?

There's a number of books and accounts of his life, but if I'm going to put down 1,000 pages I want the definitive account. At my pace, that's a 3 monther!

I certainly envy the amount of books and knowledge of books that Nick has. That was a new years resolution for me and I have failed so far. Thanks @kann for the reminder of my failure and that I need to setup it up!

I've been reading the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box. If you're an outdoorsman/hunter they're a fun read. I'm on book 16 out of 23.

Just finished John Grisham "Sycamore Row". Personally, heck of a read. The gist of it is a suicide in a all black town with a white lawyer for the defense and trying to get a fair trial while the family wants the old man's money.

I'm currently reading this book and loving every page of it.

Punted on book 2 and now I am reading "The Lost Gargoyle of Paris" by Gigi Pandian. I've read books 1-4 a year or so ago. this is book "4.5", then I'll probably read books 5-6. This is a really fun series that is very light hearted and fun to read if anyone is looking for recommendations.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Great book. I want to write essay about it. Luckily I found free sample essays at https://www.customwritings.com/our-essay-samples.html to help me finish my writing. Such college services are perfect tool for grammar and proofreading check online. They often help me with my papers and I think it's ok to use a little pro help from time to time. Great option for students today.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately.

Here’s what I’ve managed to finish up in the last couple months.

Patriots by James Wesley Rawles (2nd time through)

To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee

Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman