• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass It Forward Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
extremeXconcepts said:
Ok...... I didnt read anything in the FIRST post about that, also who the hell cares as long as the member is willing to follow the rules of the first post. I dont feel its necessary to just go around nit picking people for no reason, The last guy was willing to follow the rules and so am I so who cares? But thanks for your concern. Its not really that big of a deal, someone sends out some sticks, and I do the same and so on. If a person does not hold up to there end of the deal, im very sure Rod would ban the person. If im wrong in saying this im sorry and ill back off and wait my turn.

Jeff

You are wrong! You need to step back and look at the whole picture you have been here for a week we don't know you from a hole in the wall so if Joe sends you cigars and you go a wall then banning you is the simple answer what about the $ in cigars that is now gone! I think you are too new here to join this pass. You stat that you have read the first post but did you notice it was posted in 2004 and things change over the years. Also the person that started this thread was banned for something so the first post hasn't been updated ever with any new rules. The rules of join a pass which this is are stated here. http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/forum/1-open-cigar-passes/ did you read them?

Sorry but be patient your time will come,
Paul

If you guys cant tell from now that im here to hang around im not sure what to tell you, I didnt join and post once and that was it. Im here for the long run, ive been posting and being as active as I can over just a week im over 70 posts. Im sorry if others have blown trust issues with you guys but thats not me. I mentioned to Rod last night i joined my first pass and was excited about it and he said thats GREAT! you would think he would of told me you cant. Also I hope you guys are willing to just give me a chance here im not out to screw anyone! I wanna be a active member and participant in this community. If you dont wanna give me a chance whatever, Id like to prove myself to everyone. But a rule is a rule so If the member who was going to send me his turn of sticks is willing to go threw with it so am I. If not.... im sorry to any I have held up or displaced in this pass.

Please let me know if you are sending out your pass or not. Thanks

Jeff

He should not be sending to you because it is breaking the rules! Rod doesn't look into every little thing you or any other member here has going on. You told him you were joining your fist pass he said great. He probably didn't look into it. I'm sure if he does he would agree that this should not happen since you have been here a week. I am not busting your balls I am just doing what everyone here does and if you stick around for a while you will do the same which is protecting the community by enforcing the rules. You read the rules you know you don't qualify so don't ask Joe to do something he shouldn't! 4 months will fly by quick if you really enjoy it here trust me I was in your shoes not to long ago!

Take Care,
Paul

Hey Jeff the comments have nothing to do about busting your balls but this community is self moderated and there are rules in place. When I signed up last year I wanted to participate in the pass also but I steped back and followed the rules in place. When the time came I participated I PIF and passes and it was great. 

It wont be long before you can participate believe me. :)  

OK... Well once again then, im sorry for anyone who I displaced in this pass, as I said above, if the member still wants to send me the sticks, I will keep this pass going and then back off. If the member chooses not to send the sticks thats fine, just let me know whats going on. I already have a hand full of sticks in mind to send out to the next person, but I do understand.

Jeff

extremeXconcepts said:
OK... Well once again then, im sorry for anyone who I displaced in this pass, as I said above, if the member still wants to send me the sticks, I will keep this pass going and then back off. If the member chooses not to send the sticks thats fine, just let me know whats going on. I already have a hand full of sticks in mind to send out to the next person, but I do understand.

Jeff

NO DUDE what don't you get that is then participating in a pass! WHICH is against the rules!

Paul

Ok I Pmed the member and told him I messed up, and it was his call to send or not to send, either way I will be loyal and keep the pass going if he does, if he doesnt, i continue to wait my turn. again and again sorry guys.

Jeff

No prob Jeff everyone gets carried away when they get into the community (I know I did). This pace is really awesome and I know you'll find it normal to wait when you passed your 'preliminariy period'. 

Until then have fun around here my friend !

I understand following rules, and thanks, I just feel like sometimes people..... put in there two sense where it doesnt need to be.... if you know what I mean. I dont surf around looking to put people in there place, thats all. 

Ok you will all be GLAD to hear our member has decided to stick with the board rules, so on the the next person. 

Jeff

I am sorry extreme I got excited that some one finally replied. I have to go with the rules on this one. So if any one would like to step up and participate who meets the criteria please do.

Well trust me, when the bug bites you'll start to wander around every thread in the forum. 

This is how we do since there is no mods here, just community members and the almighty Nod !

* Read the CP pass rules (link on home page) and ask around if you don't understand them.
* Read a few completed passes, to get an idea of how they go.
* If you liked that, you can read a few passes in progress to see some "live action" 
* Look at the original posting for an open pass, to see if there are any special rules. Ask the pass-owner if you don't understand them.
* Post around the board, and become "known" by a few people. It's considered gauche when a newbie's 1st post to this site is "can I join this pass?" (you know, like mine was  )  No one will get mad about it, but everyone's first reaction is "who are YOU?!", so you can save them the trouble of asking, and warm them up to the idea of you joining their pass by making some introductory posts, first.  Everyone loves new people, but there have been problems in the past with folks busting in, joining a pass, then disappearing into the woodwork once they get the box -- the memories of such events makes some people nervous.
* E-mail the person starting the pass with your real name, CP name, and mailing address. BE SURE TO REMIND THEM WHICH PASS IT'S FOR. Some people are involved in more than one pass, not all of them on this board.
* Once you're in, be sure to stay in touch with the pass. Subscribe to the forum, or check it daily.  LET FOLKS KNOW if you might not be around when the box comes your way.  Usually, they can rearrange the order a bit to fit you in after your travels.
* For my passes, I added a rule that I think everyone should use: when it's almost your turn, check-in with the forum and post "I'm here and ready", so people know that you haven't left-town, or anything.
* Of course, you should post to the forum the following events: * Got the box, * Puts & Takes, * Mailed the box (with tracking #) -- half the fun of a pass is keeping an eye on the forum and watching the box travel around. 

am I miss reading this post? In the How to Join a pass section?

I see it says make some post and get known by some people.....Im not sure but I think I fall into that category, Im not pushing the envelope im just asking 

Jeff, I will say this as a member for a few years drop the attitude. Rules are rules the sooner you understand that the easier your time will be. It is nothing personal there have been many people who try to take advantage of this forum which many people call a family. Just hang in there and your time will come.

Jeff, you're digging a deeper and deeper hole. This is a self moderated community, every member is responsible to abide by and uphold the rules. No one is saying this to hurt your feelings. Rules are rules are you're responsible for your own actions, your actions in this thread show your immaturity on this topic. I apologize you feel attacked, I'm sure that wasn't anyones intentions. We all waited our turns and heeded the advice given to us, I advise you do the same. The way to stay around isn't to stand out, but more or less to blend in. As I reply to this is see yet another post from you, seriously dude, back away from the keyboard. Read some more, post less. 80 posts in a week isn't gaining you any ground here with us, but what would is to follow the rules and be part of the community, not for your own gain, but for the greater good of the community.

Whoa..... There is no attitude.....So (no attitude to no attitude) drop yours.......I think I pmed you nicely telling you I messed up, and to read the thread to make your decision and then apologized to you for any confusion. So that being said whats the above post about..... 

Im discussing the rules. As it says to do IN THE RULES, to discuss and ask around if you have any questions or dont understand. (with no attitude) once again! Im sorry if there is what you guys think was a attitude in my above posts. I feel I am having to explain myself and say sorry on this forum a little more then I have to do with my wife sometimes, LOL

ONLY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND CLEARLY.

THANKS for the Help

Jeff

Like you posted, it's very easy for someone we know nothing about to take the cigars and run. Being banned isn't going to replace those cigars. The rules are there for a reason, and it's a damn good reason. We don't know you, we don't know what you're about. We will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're here for noble intentions, but only time will tell.

ok. im done ILL BE back when its time, leave it as that.

jeff

THANKS FOR THE HELP, no attitude intended. or ment for that matter. 

AS STATED ill back out before I " DIG MYSELF A DEEPER HOLE" and act "IMMATURE" didnt mean to come across in that fashion.

Ok thanks, I hope to prove myself.

Talk to everyone soon, enjoy the pass.

Jeff

And there is somewhat a difference between a regular pass and a PIF. The participants in a regular pass are somewhat 'accepted' by the starter of the pass while the participant in a PIF come and go hence the importance of being an established and active member. 

Last question then, What is needed to become a ESTABLISHED MEMBER? number of posts? days active? years active? Im just asking because I read the PASS RULES and to be honest I didnt see what qualifies a person eligible. 

Jeff,

There are basic/standard rules for passes in general.  The host sets his own rules accordingly.  CP has  a 13 year track record for being the safest cigar community around - GAURANTEED!  No other cigar forum operates in the fashion that we do.  You may see it as people are nit-picking, however it's for YOUR benefit and protection.  Most of the cigars that fly around CP are not the same caliber you might find on a forum such as Puff...  Therefore, if someone screws up, do you really think we should just ban them and move on, while financial losses can be in the $100's?  That makes no sense.  We have implemented security and protection for our members.  Some see it as nit picking, while those who have been here awhile appreciate it.

While I'm sure you are in the for the long run, we need to preserve the rules and safety for all members.  You seem like a good guy, however you really need to relax and understand this community before taking offense.  Everyone is being more kind than usual and trying to point you in the right direction.  The rewards are huge, so I hope you don't screw it up for yourself.  Again, CP is like no other community out there...  Someday you'll understand what that means...

Best of luck to you,
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.