• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Sets a Higher Standard

Nicely said, Wilkey.... :thumbs:

This little corner of the net we call "home" is fundamentally different than any other forum I've ever participated in. I think it takes some new guys by surprise. The whole concept of participation first just blows them away. I came here because of the "stuff" but stayed because of the people.

Some guys will "get it" and some guys will be shown the door. Nothing wrong with that.

Cheers - B.B.S.

You just can't improve on perfection. :thumbs: Thanks Wilkey!

Wilkey, your passion for CP is well documented.

This one IMO, needs to be pinned or put somewhere as a must read for new members.

Unlike Neal, I think your desk is a mess, many notes strewn all over the place, hundreds of pens, pencils and paraphernalia :laugh:

Brian

Wilkey, you do good work. Long winded, but good work :thumbs:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks, Brandon!

Unlike Neal, I think your desk is a mess, many notes strewn all over the place, hundreds of pens, pencils and paraphernalia :laugh:

Brian
Now I'm going to have to post a picture of my desk. Y'all better get ready for a look inside my inner sanctum. ???

Wilkey

Wilkey,

DAMN well said.
Here is what I propose. As part of the registration process, all new members must read this post and a few of the other main rule-related stickies.
Then, there is a simple multiple choice quiz. Very (VERY) easy, but it would ACTUALLY FORCE one to at least read the rule. Is such a thing possible?
Searches: It is really easy...use the search function, then, when you post, say "I've used search, and found a few facts out but here is what is still unclear to me," as opposed to "what do you guys think of Cohiba? Are they good?"
There is an old expression about ID'ing ravens in the wild. "If you think you saw a raven, you saw a crow. If you know you saw a raven, it was a raven." That holds true here, to a degree. If you THINK someone was rude to you, they were just (perhpas) gruff while pointing you in the right direction. Maybe because it was the 30th time this week. If you KNOW they were rude to you....they were. Very few of us are "almost" rude very often, or "almost" hard on someone. Posting the search linky might not be the fullest answer one can give, but to certain questions, it is most clearly not rude.

I consider many of you friends. A great number of you that I have never yet had the honor and pleasure to share a smoke with fall into this category. There are Democrats, Republicans, Christians, Jews, and pagans of boththe neo- and traditional variety. Though face-to-face I am sure we could discuss all of that in a cordial and polite manner, we leave it all at the door here, and focus on the fact that we all love the leaf, we START at our common ground, and treat those who have earned a spot in the "club" with amazing generosity and kindness. This club is free, and has an open door. The only defense that exists to protect it from abuse is the members themselves. Anyone unable or unwilling to accept what comes with that will likely never be comfortable here.

A great BOTL recently posted that we should perhaps take it down a notch, and be a bit nicer. You'll note that he was treated (as was his opinion) with respect by most others people. It's not about post count. It's about attitude and brotherhood...period.

I'm going to stop typing now. I am much better at short, bitterly sarcastic comments.

Now STFU and go do a search.

Geez Wilkey

Search, Read, Pay attention, Post

That about cover it ???
or...

We're not just about stuff, make friends.
Search first and ask questions later.
Act like you got some smart.
Search first ask questions later.
We just waxed the floors, take off your shoes before coming in.
Search first then post.
Be polite if you are new; be yourself if you are not.
Be polite or we'll hurt your feelings.
Get it. Get it?

NA

Wow ....... I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :love:

Time for a contest ....... :thumbs: , someone come up with a witty contest and I'll privide the fiver. I'm too burnt out to be witty today.

:cool:

Wow ....... I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :love:

Time for a contest ....... :thumbs: , someone come up with a witty contest and I'll privide the fiver. I'm too burnt out to be witty today.

:cool:
How about a limerick about cigar pass....best one pick by David wins.

I think that may be the first time that Sam's explanation post was longer then mine. :0

Geez Wilkey

That about cover it ???
or...

Search first then post.
Get it. Get it?

NA

I almost fell asleep....the lulling tone...I need to get some caffiene!

:laugh:

Geez Wilkey

That about cover it ???
or...

Search first then post.
Get it. Get it?

NA

I almost fell asleep....the lulling Tone...I need to get some caffiene!

Gary, don't invoke my name in vain!

:laugh:

A limerick contest is dumb
Like eating nuts whilst chewing your gum
Tis Neither poem nor song
They can't help but sound wrong
Not winning will make me quite glum.

There is a man named Neil
Not always with a warm fuzzy feel
If you rub him wrong
It won't take long
For you to feel his heel!

They'll either get it or they won't. You can't like everyone.

Words to live by.
smiley32.gif

There once was a board named Cigar Pass
That I happend to visit when CF fell on its A$$
The people were kind and
The smokes were fine
So I decided to stay with the Pass.

Great post Wilkey - I fully endorse it!

People seem to be getting themselves banned left and right with the high influx in membership recently. Those who don't get it and don't make any attempt to get it will be kicked to the curb.