• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for a college student's budget.

My favorites in that price range are

Padron Classic line (any you can get, really, but my go-tos are the 2000, 3000, and Londres)
AF 858 (natural and maduro both)
AF Chateau Sungrown
Punch Rothschild (or Connie #9 for a super-cheap smoke)

MMM has a point, though. If you can hold back and step it up to the next price level, you are looking at cigars that are as good as any you can get.
I may try that, i haven't bought any cigars from a shop since last month when i got a $25 groupon for $50 worth of cigars (good deal by the way.) So, i might save up more cash and go for some padrons and what not. =]

. I know there was another groupon available today for an online site. Message me if you would like the info

Another trick is to get on cigarbid around 11:15pm and find some of the $7-$11 5packs. Most are junk but i've found some Graycliffs and Rocky Patels on there. Shipping is like $4 so you can walk away with 5 cigar at around a $3 per stick price.

Three favorable and affordable gems I've run into off the top of my head would have to be:
-5 Vegas Classic (Any 5 Vegas really, between 2$ and 5$ average per stick)
-Gran Habano Vintage (Mazo of 20 averages around 40$/averages 3.50$ per stick)
-Bahia Maduro (Mazo of 20 averages around 40$/averages 4$ per stick)

*edit for spelling*

Some everyday affordables I enjoy:

-Puros Indios Reserva Maxima '03 (liked the '02 better)
-Bahia Maduro
-Devil's Weed nat. robusto
-Perdomo Cabinet Series (the red band)
-Indian Tabac Super Fuerte maduro
-Padron 2000
-If it really existed, I'd enjoy the Padron Panatela, too. But it doesn't exist. So don't look for it. Ever.

Here's some decent smokes I've had for around 5 bucks:

Brickhouse (Robusto & Short Torp)
RyJ Habana Reserve (Love Story)
JdN Antano Dark Corojo Peligroso
AF Short Story
AF Chateua Fuentes (Nat, Mad, SG)
AF 8-5-8 Flor Finas
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
Some of the PDR 1878 lines
Some EPC sticks are in this range
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva

Also as UTK said, check out some of the auction and deal sites (Cbid, CAuctioneer, CMonster). You may have to sift through the junk, but every once in awhile you can get some good sticks for under 5/ea.

Another thing you may consider is keeping your eye on Cigars International's Joe Cigar Daily Deal. They generally run about $30-40 for 10-20 sticks, and you get free shipping on your whole order. Here's some of the sticks I've bought from the Daily Deal:

Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicoso - $29/10
Oliva Serie O Torpedo - $32.50/10
Graycliff G2 Turbo Torpedo - $35/10
5 Vegas Limitada Belicoso - $30/10
5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype - $22/10
5 Vegas Triple-A - $35/10
Man O' War Ruination Belicoso - $40/10

CAO La Traviata
Casa Magna
Cusano 18 Maduro

And my favorite under $5 smoke: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959---I get the large torpedo for $3.99 locally, in singles, and box purchasing can bring it down to $3 a stick when there's a good sale. And it's superb----great construction, great draw, great taste.

~Boar

Heck, $3-$5 is my normal range.
I get a lot from the auctions, but if you can
get $100 for a box, your options are multiplied.

My favs under $5 are HdM Excalibur, Punch Rare
Corojo, Fuente 858, RyJ Reserve maduro, Padilla
1932(auction), CAO Brazilia, La Riqueza(monster),
Diesel, etc.

The daily deal sites often have 10 sticks for $30/$35,
usually samplers. Keep your eyes open!

Chemyst :cool:

Padrone 2000 is a good one

Rocky Patel Xen was a pleasant surprise for me and is not too expensive

Cao gold maduro is also not a bad cigar for the price

I'm fortunate to have easy access to Native American smoke shops so I save a bundle on every stick (avoiding the New York State shakedown); however, the best deal smokes for my tastes are C.A.O. La Traviata Divino, La Aroma de Cuba robusto and Brickhouse robusto...all under six bucks.

You can search for cigar deals online. Often you get discounted price of the original. By the way, what's your budget?

You can search for cigar deals online. Often you get discounted price of the original. By the way, what's your budget?
Thanks yall!! im confortable with $5 - $7. Now when i can i'm going to save some green so i can buy a few ISMOs ;D

Thanks yall!! I'm comfortable with $5 - $7. Now when I can I'm going to save some green so I can buy a few ISOMs ;D

Time to start using the shift key, maduro89. Make the effort - it does matter here at CigarPass. :thumbs:

Thanks yall!! I'm comfortable with $5 - $7. Now when I can I'm going to save some green so I can buy a few ISOMs ;D

Time to start using the shift key, maduro89. Make the effort - it does matter here at CigarPass. :thumbs:
lol.. I shall. I'm in COMM 3311 at school and ALL we do is edit. (btw I apologize for that horrid post, I was in a rush walking to class on my ipad)

When I started smoking a few years back a line was suggested that doesn't get much love anymore.

Maria Mancini Magic Mountain - MMMM

53.00 a box. Best with at least two years of rest. Can be spongy with no age.

Keep an eye on Famous' Cigar monster...sometimes you can snag some decent sticks. The other day I grabbed some Tatuaje red label Havana VI for about $3.50 each.