• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars in the mail!

My engineering degrees in quantum physics & organic history didn't prepare me for a 4th time; I may require another round of tequila shots tho.

You do you buddy, kudos for handling it gracefully. But there is a reason this cigar from is so different from all others and rules and self moderation are a big part of it. Of you putbin the time and hang around you will soon know what's allowed and not. Also rules on activity and time on forum are there for a reason and it is to protect everyone and so no one takes advantage of this forum.

Rules typically exist to protect people, I get the entire principle of it all. Please guys, you don't need to justify any individual rule, the amount of rules, the hidden rules, the etiquette or any of it. You're a self moderated board and you have your rules. They work for you and you prefer them. Its not up for me to judge.

Just don't drop a boulder on my head and break my glasses for wanting to find a different beach andwe remain all good.

My forum name has been in use for 20 plus years. If I'm a loss to any of you, I'm super easy to find as I have a multitude of hobbies. Even my IG still has 4k followers and I haven't been on in 4 years. (Believe it or not I found that site that used to be all pictures... haha.)

In my heart and mind I still believe many of us would get along just fine in person and would be able to self govern each other with societal etiquette well. If we were speaking about a conflict, I would feel the need to handle myself well. Here I don't believe we have a situation at all. This is a place that offers what it does. I'm a person looking for what they want. No harm, no foul... we all have bigger fish to fry.

My life is good and I believe that's because my honest hope is yours is too. We all deserve the best for ourselves and should get it where we see fit.

As promised though I came back to read and I appreciate everyone who took the time to say something. Some of us will run into each other again, perhaps in another e-herf, and I look forward to it.

Its perception. Your problem finding something tangible to wrap your mind around exists because there is no problem. We are all consumers of a product and we all have our tastes. My taste is for less restriction.

For instance, I prefer to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Do I know why there are many rules on why I should wear them? Of course. Has it been made absolutely clear to me why wearing a helmet is a far better idea than not wearing one. Definitely, without question. Are there times where even I believe helmet wearing is an absolute must. Absolutely and I would argue far more times than not.

How about seat belts? Perhaps that is the better analogy for my situation. They're good, I agree. More often than not I forget to wear one. Getting pulled over and ticketed every time I do isn't good for my relaxation. LOL.

With all of that said, I found a state to live in that doesn't require me to wear helmet. It is up to us to decide for ourselves what we believe is right for us individually.

Obviously you need to know me better and I am no Tony Robins but I am one of those people brainwashed to believe I see few problems and all opportunity. Many times I work to change something for the better but there is nothing to change here. You have your way and it works for you.

As long as my debit card is good I'm pretty sure I'm still accepted at all of my local Tobacconist haunts. You may have inferred that I also have the gift of gab. So I'm still in the community, just in a different room that's all.

Your reply came late Cabaiguan Juan. Forgive us all in advance but you're not going to find drama here.

I need my 10 minutes back.

I'll make it simple: You unknowingly posted pics of a bomb and we don't do that here. You don't like that rule, great. You're bowing out graciously and we all understand.

We'll continue to self moderate this board, as it's worked for 20 years. Maybe down the road, you'll change your mind and give it another try. If not, I hope you find a place that feels like family to you, just like we all do here.

I need my 10 minutes back.

I'll make it simple: You unknowingly posted pics of a bomb and we don't do that here. You don't like that rule, great. You're bowing out graciously and we all understand.

We'll continue to self moderate this board, as it's worked for 20 years. Maybe down the road, you'll change your mind and give it another try. If not, I hope you find a place that feels like family to you, just like we all do here.

You can admit it, you don't need the 10 minutes no one took from you back. Its ok to be interested in what's said even when you don't agree. At very least its an opportunity to see all of your solidarity on this and make sure you're all in agreement.

You're absolutely right. For you, its worked for a long time and what I know has for me. You are family and ultimately we are all BOTL. My family has no rules and we are disheveled to say the least.

Hey Lee, I'm thinkin' manana is April 1st & you jus' be pullin' some legs; no?

anywho, we all gotta play by the rules & when it's an employment scenario I take rules a bit more serious; why?
Well Hell, that's a damn pay check.

Sometimes I haven't followed rules myself & I would butt heads with folks, on the job, mind you.

I learned how to weld when I was a teen & went to work in the Ark-La-Tex oil patch. One day I was on a well site doin' my welding thing & some super was givin' me shit about whatever. I ended up walkin' off the job; yep, I dragged up, took my crap & left. Everyone was like, where the Hell did our welder go? Cost the company a ton of ca$h until they got another dime a dozen welder on location. That was fun leavin' a job that cost some fat cats $$$$. Of course I never went to work on one of their well sites again but no biggie.

All right; back to cigars & those engineering degrees...................

"My loss" from Blinded, "something so small" from H. Vachon and "Over reacting" from Texas... guys, I believe you have me wrong here. My preference to be in place where I'm most comfortable isn't a loss, something small or an over reaction. Its simply a preference. If I blasted you guys or was sarcastic, making a scene or whatever, you would all have a point.

Instead, I'm gracefully bowing out because I prefer to hang out in place where I'm not second guessing a post that may or may not be allowed. This isn't at all too much for me to handle, its just a structure I'm not comfortable with.

If anyone has it most accurately, its CigarStone. He has my take exactly. "I don't like it, I said it respectfully and I know where to find the door". His reply is the perfect interpretation of how I would have read into all of this too.

You are all comfortable here and its not my intent to disrupt that. You have found a place you like and to me that's awesome. Thinking I'm overreacting for things too granular or losing something when I'm trying to find that same comfort is an issue I hope you guys see past. If not, I still don't think any less of you and I'm still not bitter about the situation.

Trust me guys, I don't walk past the Vanilla ice cream making fun while I bee line to Chocolate. There is a palate for both and good reasons to like the two. However, I still prefer the Chocolate.

Initially I was asked to come back and read the thread to see if something would make me see differently from your replies. Reading your responses, I'm not sure that's anyone's intent and hopefully now you guys can tell my intent isn't for validation. As I've mentioned, I see us all as winners. We live in a world with both a Lombardi Trophy and a Stanley Cup. The NFL wont let you dance in the end zone because its seen as tasteless. The NHL wont let you continue to pummel a guy after he's fallen but films and televises the entire thing. The world is a spectrum and we all land somewhere on that bow.

Thank you all
It's not that there are a multitude of rules, it's just simply House Rules. It's why, and how, we all see each other as family.

It's not even that you did something flagrant or something that we all haven't done in the past. I was a complete jackwagon when I joined here 14 years ago but I saw the value and stuck it out, and I am blessed because I did.

If you ever find a place where the exact way you want to do things is the way they all want to do it, it won't be worth being a part of.

Indeed, I miss Neal. I got to talk with him once, on the phone. Great fella!

Im at a bit of a loss here. We’re trying to convince a guy to stay, when he’s gracefully leaving, with no hard feelings. Unless he’s taking the site with him, it’s no big deal! He’s happy. We should still be happy. And life goes on!

I get him and wish him good day!

Floyd T

so are we done here? Appreciate all the gracefulness as some people have called it but like you said “After reading SamClemmons post I've made my decision to find another board.” Ok! No harm, no foul, too each their own.....but then this keeps going.
BBS said it best. Wish you Best of luck

Indeed, I miss Neal. I got to talk with him once, on the phone. Great fella!

Im at a bit of a loss here. We’re trying to convince a guy to stay, when he’s gracefully leaving, with no hard feelings. Unless he’s taking the site with him, it’s no big deal! He’s happy. We should still be happy. And life goes on!

I get him and wish him good day!

Floyd T

Agreed. However, after the 97th time explaining that/why you are leaving... Pembroke.

I feel like as a somewhat new member of CP this is above my pay level!