• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Classic Car enthusiasts?

I've been a muscle car guy for as long as I can remember. there is just something about 1960's Detroit HP that makes me smile.

I'm a Chevy guy but certainly can appreciate what Ford and MOPAR brought to the table.

Here are a couple of pics of my 1967 Chevy Camaro SS.
Matching numbers 396 ci engine with a 4 speed tranny.

sweet67-1.jpg

Carbytheriver.jpg

That's a great looking car, looks to be in great shape.

My brother-in-law has a Yenko Camaro in I think the same color scheme as yours, I'm not sure if his is a '67, '68 or '69 though.

I'm Jay, and I have Classic Car OCD.

I've had many, but don't own one currently. :(

Here's a shot of the last one I had. It's a 1964 Buick Skylark. It had a 300 ci V-8 with factory aluminum heads and factory aluminum intake. I bought it from an old man who'd had it for over 30 years. After installing a set of 2 1/2" duals w/ flowmasters, I put those Stage 1 rally wheels on it. The rear end was sagging due to the springs being original, so I replaced them with a set of heavy duty station wagon springs, which gave the car a great stance. It was a great weekend driver.

64lark.jpg

IM002921.jpg

Here's an incredible piece of work. Based on the design of the 1923 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, it was completely hand built by my father-in-law and took him just under 2 years to complete. Other than the engine, everything else that makes the car was handmade by him, the stitching of the leather, the wood in-lays, the custom molded wheels, the exceptional metal work...everything. Every single body panel was shaped, molded and welded by him. Since more that 65% of the car was handmade and of original design, he was able to register the car under his own brand.

gallery_1870_61_17622.jpg

That Rolls is indeed an amazing piece of work. Got any shots of the interior?

2248-3723-98371.jpg

2248-3723-98370.jpg

That was my 1991 Camaro Z281LE. Sold it back in 2001. GM made a very few of them for just a few years. They came from the factory with some Corvette parts(brakes, oil cooler) and I modified it so I could compete in Driver's Schools. It had a 6-point roll cage, window net, aluminum driveshaft, Optima Battery in the rt. rear 1/4 panel, Shock brace up front, welded unibody sections, hogged out intake, Crane Gold roller rockers, cammed, chipped, stainless steel exhaust; manifolds to the tips, MDS ignition box, etc. Used wider, lighter wheels and BFG R1s at the tracks with Hawk pads.

The engine was limited to 305 ci(though mine was bored out to 310 ci which was allowed) as this series of Camaros were to be raced in the now gone Trans AM series. I had it balanced and blue-printed. Never dynoed it so I never knew its output. Only used synthetic oils.

From the factory it came without A/C and no radio though I added a radio. 5-speed of course with a shorter lever. It surprised a few sports cars at Roebling Road(upper pic) and Road Atlanta(bottom pic).

Here's why I sold it in 2001:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/lig...=Picture025.jpg

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/lig...nt=IMG_1322.jpg

That's my 2001 F150 Lightning. The last one was made in 2004. They come with an liquid-cooled Eaton supercharger, special auto-tranny, aluminum driveshaft, and A/C :cool: .

I upped the boost with a larger crank pulley, changed the air filter to a ram-cool-air intake system and chipped it. It dynoed at 401.9 HP and 502.1 Torque at the rear wheels. I ran it to several 12 second 1/4 mile passes with my best at 12.531@108.9. The only things I changed at the track were the rear wheels(to 16" race wheels) and tires(MT ET Streets), otherwise, it was my daily driver as was the Z281LE(even with no A/C!)

Dan

Not in the same class of some of these pics but she's my baby. 79 F-150 named Fi-Fi

f_FifiLittleBm_d426d26.jpg

f_P10100152m_2fa1b06.jpg

Ok so I had to sell my 1968 Plymouth Barracuda when I moved to Oregon to get married It will be missed as a photographer I am still in love with old cars and ever car show I can go to or Cruz in I am there. Here enjoy a few pics!
1013473063_45528d24a7.jpg

1013473127_7c154054bc.jpg

1486209377_bef6528cbf.jpg

1013472591_e68855eb12.jpg

1013472863_21f23ee5a1.jpg

I'd put a picture of my car here but the goddam photobucket site isn't working. :angry:

See my profile pic for my 1986 Jaguar and my gallery for my 1996.

Whenever photoshitbucket gets their act together, I'll revise this post. :rolleyes:

I'd put a picture of my car here but the goddam photobucket site isn't working. :angry:

Whenever photoshitbucket gets their act together, I'll revise this post. :rolleyes:

that is why I uses Flickr.com ! rp

Love me some classic cars. This is the oldest I've owned though.

1987 Notchback stroked, heads, cam, intake + more. Was a fun ride.

67683.jpg

notch.jpg

Not a classic or a car but I like it. 99 Dodge Dakota 5.9RT. Fun to drive but sadly it is for sale :(

gallery_7374_615_3511.jpg

that is why I uses Flickr.com ! rp

Thanks for that, I was going to ask about another similar site that actually WORKS so i'll have to check it out! :thumbs:

I used to be into older GMs, I had a '63 Impala convertible, a '70 Caddy convertible and a '72 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 limousine years ago but I don't have any photos of them. :( About ten years ago, I got into the "Jaguar" thing and it's been all downhill ever since. :laugh:

My 190E, called Clementine.

The 190E is a modern classic car. It spawned a fleet of agile, sporty Mercedes (like the C and E class), as well as being one of the last true Mercedes-Benz cars. In the words of the CEO at the time:
'this is the last car we are going to over-engineer'. In other words, the last car they were going to try really hard developing and building.

My car is from '88. In it's twentieth year, this car still drives like a dream, and has more grip than so many other cars I have driven (first car to feature 5-link suspension). A responsive, agile and fun car to drive.

My brother in law truely regrets selling his 190E and buying a BMW 500 Series in the 90s. Nice car!