• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cleaning out the dust.

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Open to suggestions on how to best clean out dust from the interior of a cabinet humi. My guess was clean dry cloths and dampened with slight amount of distilled water? The humi and trays are solid cedar. No particle board with cedar lining.
Should one simply use a clean dry cloth with no water at all?

Strange..... I've had my cabinet since 2006 and have never observed any dust inside of it, or felt it needing cleaning. Same with my coolidors.

IMG_3827.JPG
Strange..... I've had my cabinet since 2006 and have never observed any dust inside of it, or felt it needing cleaning. Same with my coolidors.
Recently acquired humi cabinet that was stored in a storage locker/garage type place. Exterior had some dust in crevices, interior as I swiped my finger on the wood trays seemed "dusty". Had a couple dead dried up bug carcass in the interior corners also. So definitely needs cleaning and seasoning.

You know, maybe it's not "dust", maybe it's a fine layer of ash residue. Either way. Needs to be "cleaned".

After further inspection, it appears the water cartridge for the humidificatiin unit is covered in bloom! (No, it's mold) Yay bonus! Which means I'll have to thuroughly clean the interior with a slightly damp rag with isopropyl alcohol. I'll have to order up a new water cartridge, which isn't too bad at all. There appears to be some white dust on part of the interior (small part about 2 inches or so) near the mid section. I'll have to clean the top part of the humidification with isopropyl alcohol also. Good thing I've inspected this. Younger, stupider, impatient me wouldn't have checked it out.

Wonder if that white dust is minerals from somebody using tap water.
Still, since you got a good deal, you're styling.
Now, we should all bet on how long until you fill it up, and have to use cooler. :D

Didnt need much but after moving it my obsessive compulsiveness got the better of me. I couldn't just put everything back in with out giving a goood once over.

Considering that you didn't inspect the humidification system or shelves too thoroughly, here's to hoping you inspected the seal :p

Very nice humi though, looks like you got the perfect spot for it. Hope you get it up and running soon!

Considering that you didn't inspect the humidification system or shelves too thoroughly, here's to hoping you inspected the seal :p

Very nice humi though, looks like you got the perfect spot for it. Hope you get it up and running soon!
The seal is fine. Almost too good. As you have to make sure you close it completely and not just shut it. It has 3 magnets that help. As for inspecting at purchase. I'm not concerned that the cabinet isn't serviceable. It will be up soon enough.

The seal is fine. Almost too good. As you have to make sure you close it completely and not just shut it. It has 3 magnets that help. As for inspecting at purchase. I'm not concerned that the cabinet isn't serviceable. It will be up soon enough.
I wasn't doubting you or your humidor. I think it looks great!

Best advice I ever got. Been running this for a couple years, couldn't be happier. No more spotty Anejo wrappers. As a bonus, the filters in my Aristocrat don't seem to get nearly as brown with age as they used to. Highly recommended..:

I use nano-silver mixed with my distilled water, and this eliminates any possibility of contracting mold, and keeps the spores from spreading if there is mold introduced to the environment. It is odorless and tasteless, as well as non-toxic...

This will work, 2 ounces per gallon of distilled water. I use it with my aristocrats and my set it and forget it systems, as well as my beads. If I see any mold on recently purchased cigars, I used the same solution to gently wipe down the cigar, it kills any trace of mold...

https://www.amazon.com/Nano-Silver-Colloidal-Ounces-Market/dp/B00DQIEDWY

I'd use this solution to wipe out the humidor, not alcohol. Not much, just a slightly damp cloth. If you see any significant wetting of the cabinet, that's too much water.

Best advice I ever got. Been running this for a couple years, couldn't be happier. No more spotty Anejo wrappers. As a bonus, the filters in my Aristocrat don't seem to get nearly as brown with age as they used to. Highly recommended..:

I use nano-silver mixed with my distilled water, and this eliminates any possibility of contracting mold, and keeps the spores from spreading if there is mold introduced to the environment. It is odorless and tasteless, as well as non-toxic...

This will work, 2 ounces per gallon of distilled water. I use it with my aristocrats and my set it and forget it systems, as well as my beads. If I see any mold on recently purchased cigars, I used the same solution to gently wipe down the cigar, it kills any trace of mold...

https://www.amazon.com/Nano-Silver-Colloidal-Ounces-Market/dp/B00DQIEDWY
Any idea if it would be ok to use a 10 PPM colloidal silver sovereign brand? Since it's 10 PPM vs the 20 of nano silver brand, I would assume one doubles is to 4 oz to 1 gallon of water? My wife has a sizeaeble bottle of the sovereign brand stuff. I do recall this was brought up before, and glad to see that it does work.