• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Closet into a Humidor

Well the wife did dive me the go ahead.... Still debating on whether I want to buy one and wait until we finish the basement, or just go ahead and end up with two walk-ins, on upstairs and one downstairs...

You sure she didn't say, " do what the f*** you want"?

Uhhhh yea I am drunk and the wife said to be nice..... but yea its either a walkin closet upstairs or a a double walk in down stairs or both....

hmmmmm must be the bourbon....... goin for both....

Cheers

cheers and i am going gamlin to pay for for it... wish me luck.....

Shane

Gotta love the drunk posts almost as fun as drunk dialing. That spriral cellars looks like a really cool idea it's too bad they are across the pond.

This is a great idea. The cost can be prohibitive. I can get cedar at a discount cause Im a builder and have accounts with suppliers here in upstate NY. One in particular sells exotic woods. I don't know if shipping the wood offsets any savings but if you are interested I can look into it.

Thats a possibility, my fatheris a contractor, maybe I will have to dig around.. In the mean time check this place out...

Link

Anyone dealt with these guys?

Wine cellar for the basement

now that is cool

Okay Shooter, that is way cool and would perfect for me. I'm going to investigate that cellar a bit more. I'm planning on converting the front living room of our house into a wine cellar, I'm also hoping to incorporate some sort of built in humidor as well to take advantage of the cooler temperatures.

Thanks for the link :thumbs:

:cool:

This is a great idea. The cost can be prohibitive. I can get cedar at a discount cause Im a builder and have accounts with suppliers here in upstate NY. One in particular sells exotic woods. I don't know if shipping the wood offsets any savings but if you are interested I can look into it.

Thats a possibility, my fatheris a contractor, maybe I will have to dig around.. In the mean time check this place out...

Link

Anyone dealt with these guys?

Wine cellar for the basement

now that is cool

Okay Shooter, that is way cool and would perfect for me. I'm going to investigate that cellar a bit more. I'm planning on converting the front living room of our house into a wine cellar, I'm also hoping to incorporate some sort of built in humidor as well to take advantage of the cooler temperatures.

Thanks for the link :thumbs:

Anytime, looks realy neat,

and uh yea, I never go gamblin drunk, except the other night.... Sheesh I won't do that gain...... OUCH....

amazing... I mentioned this idea (the closet humi) to the Wifely Unit© and she said... (and I quote!...)

"not a bad idea... you should look at that idea for the house in Homer" - meaning the house we will build in the town of Homer, where we will retire to in 10 years.

j0424462.gif

Anyone hear news about an alien invasion? my wife has been taken over by a pod person!

amazing... I mentioned this idea (the closet humi) to the Wifely Unit© and she said... (and I quote!...)

"not a bad idea... you should look at that idea for the house in Homer" - meaning the house we will build in the town of Homer, where we will retire to in 10 years.

j0424462.gif

Anyone hear news about an alien invasion? my wife has been taken over by a pod person!

No aliens, you're just not looking hard enough for the reason. She probably saw something in a catalog that was far too expensive to even mention, until you're idea gave her a way to maneuver. If you've been married for any amount of time, she probably has it hidden in the most devious of places knowing you'll never find it because 'like all men, you never pay attention to anything she says'. (Psst - look right on the table in front of you! ;) )

:whistling:

:sign:

Seriously though, that gives you a lot of time to plan the perfect smoking room with a built-in walk-in humi :thumbs: Have fun ;)

Marc Sheldon has one of those. I would PM him and see how he did his. By the way, if I remember correctly Marc said he should have made his bigger. Good luck on your project.

here's the one i did. bob s. did it for me. ill be more than happy to answer any questions you have. there are definatly some things i was happy with and a few i would have done a little diffently.

DSC04558.jpg

Yikes my closet is twice as wide and twice as deep....

Damn Marc, that is awesome! What are some of the things that you like/don't like?
The new house has more closets than we need right now...

I'm in the process of building mine now. Well, it's been a busy summer and I have been working on it for a couple of months now. Hopefully, I'll have it completed before Thanksgiving.

Igwana Rob wrote:
No aliens, you're just not looking hard enough for the reason. She probably saw something in a catalog that was far too expensive to even mention, until you're idea gave her a way to maneuver. If you've been married for any amount of time, she probably has it hidden in the most devious of places knowing you'll never find it because 'like all men, you never pay attention to anything she says'. (Psst - look right on the table in front of you! )

That's exactly where I hide stuff from her. Everytime I've tried to hide something, she'll walk right to it- but leaving it in plain view, it may sit there for a couple of weeks and never be noticed. And she still hasn't figured it out. :rolleyes:

Marc,

Did you completely line the closet with cedar? That has come to my attention that it might be too much, and that I should only may do a wainscotting on the bottom half with cedar and maybe tile the rest.

The only other problem I am running into will be a door. The door way is 4 ft wide, I was thinking about a sliding glass pation door but they only seem to come in 6 or 5 ft wide applications...

The only other problem I am running into will be a door. The door way is 4 ft wide, I was thinking about a sliding glass pation door but they only seem to come in 6 or 5 ft wide applications...

You could buy a standard door and build a new frame for it. But the extra sheetrock and mud you'd have buy to finish it off will cost you alot.

Hope you know a good carpenter who works for beer. ;)

Marc,

Did you completely line the closet with cedar? That has come to my attention that it might be too much, and that I should only may do a wainscotting on the bottom half with cedar and maybe tile the rest.

i used honduran mahogony for the lining. bob claims that cedar lining, once humidified, has a much great chance of expanding and contracting thus creating air gaps.

hmmmmmm, will have to check into that....

Also for the door the only thing I coud come up with was a sliding window, similar to a patio door that would fit.

2x4's sheetrock and mud are cheap. I'd build it up to fit an exterior weatherized door, similar to Marc's.

I saw spanish cedar closet lining at Lowe's yesterday...It was packaged as a box of slat boards about 3 feet long and 6-8 inchs wide.

any thoughts on using this to line the walls??