• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba authenticity

...came back from Mexico with a bunch of different Marca's and vitolas. Every cigar had the the same looking
wrapper.
You mean like these purported Upmann, Partagas, Romeo y Julieta, Bolivar, and Cohiba?
XprinterCigars02.jpg

the cohiba has to pass a higher visual standard and 99% of the time it does.
I agree. In fact the only other cigar that has this same level of consistent wrapper appearance and quality is Trinidad. Every single one I've ever seen has been blonde, beautiful, and perfect.

Wilkey

Telling people is the WORST. My avatar is an actual band from a bunch of sticks that family brought me from a trip. Paid $20 a piece. Family member, not on my side, actually argued it a little, even with the misspelling. "Can't be" he said...

My stance at work and with family and friends is that I really dislike ISOM's, that they are overrated, and I prefer the other puro's. It was getting to the point that friends/family/co-working were gifting these fakes to me every few months, even when I said "please don't bring me back anything". Their heart is in the right place, that's for sure.

You're right - telling people is hard. The guy who gave me the sticks that started this thread STILL cannot believe his "connection" is passing off fakes to him. The sad part is - he's been buying ISOM's from the same guy for years. Turns out he's been buying fakes for years, and he just can't believe it. I told him not to worry about where they're from...and just enjoy them.

Or how many have heard this;

"I was down in the (insert location here) and picked up a Cuban from (insert non-LCDH location here). I tell ya, it wasn't that good. I think they are overrated."

Or how many have heard this;

"I was down in the (insert location here) and picked up a Cuban from (insert non-LCDH location here). I tell ya, it wasn't that good. I think they are overrated."

Better yet,

"Got hooked on cubans when we went on a cruise to (insert location here) and got them from a street vendor."

Cruise and Cuban Cigar/ Cohiba should be an automatic disqualification in the authentic department. :sign: :laugh:

Great thread.
Taking a coffee break on a very hectic day and I'm glad I came here.
Thanks guys.

I love threads like this...

When I first Joined CP, I searched for every fake thread I could... These are so much fun to watch unfold, and you can always bet Wilkey will be one of the first ones to help a guy out! Thanks for all the great info everyone.

I'm sure if you had macro pictures closer inspection of the bands, would help us compared and further investigate these cigars. For further reference.

Can't wait to read through this, kids need attention right now though:)