• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Cigarettes

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Anyone try these?
will admit I am curious as to how they would smoke, being a cigarette instead of a cigar.
did Cohibas try to keep a similar taste profile?

This is cigarette tobacco, not cigar leaf. They are very strong cigarettes. I don't smoke, but frine ds who do have said, "these things will kill you!!"

Right On Matt.

I had a friend bring me a pack a few years back. They taste nothing like an American cigarette. THey are good if you smoke. But Very very very very very very very strong. I believe they were filtered but I can't be positive.

I have had them. Great taste for a cigarette. The fastest burning cigarette I ever smoked. I was playing golf, put the cigarette down to hit the ball and when I came back it had smoked itself.

...And no I don't smoke cigarettes anymore.

you peaked my interest. I'd like to try thses! can you get them at your tobbacco shoppes or are they strictly ISOM?

i recently bought 2 cartons of these. for the record, i don't smoke cigs anymore, but these cohiba cigs are the best ones i've ever had. there's no mistaking the taste of the cuban tobacco in them. i let some friends try some of them the past few days and they have said that they are very strong, but i don't agree. i smoke 4-5 cigars a day, so maybe that's why i thought they weren't strong.

and from some of the online venders i've seen with them they seem to be very cheap in price.

bruce

FYI:

Cohiba cigarettes were created as part of the process of diversification which Habanos, S.A., initiated with some of its most prestigious brands.

Their production began in 1987 with a manufacturing agreement between Habanos, S.A., and Cita Tabacos de Canarias, S.L., that was reached as part of the magnificent cooperation between the two companies over the years.

These cigarettes are made entirely of a blend of Cuban black leaf tobacco that is selected by true connoisseurs of Cuban leaf tobacco coming from the Vuelta Abajo region specifically, from the farms in San Juan and San Luis, two of the best in the country.

The design of the Cohiba cigarette box coincides entirely with the image of the Cohiba brand of Habano cigars, so that two essential characteristics of this prestigious product its top quality and unmistakable design have, basically, been maintained.

The advertising slogans that have been used throughout these years have been:

- “Its natural taste comes from Cuba”

- “Cohiba cigarettes, the Cuban myth,”

Placing emphasis on their place of origin which is recognized all over the world as the region where some of the most important quality tobacco products are grown and their natural composition, in contrast to other, more artificial products. pure lines that maintains the warmth of the colored liquid

Back in the 80's Russia was flooded with Cuban cigarettes. Some unheard of filtered brands like Kim and Wisant (utter crap), but the main event was non-filtered stuff: H.Upmann, Partagas, Montecristo and the king of them all - Ligeros. King size, non filter, somewhat thicker gauge, sweet paper, obvious cigar tobacco taste, strong as hell and to top it all - dirt cheap.
Ligeros was the tastiest and strongest of the bunch - legend was that manufacturer was using cuts and scraps of premium cigar tobacco. The beauty of this cigs was that nobody wanted them so they coud be had for a song and nobody ever dared to take one from you - even rough and tumble guys when approaching you on a street for a smoke (very common thing in Russia) were running for their lives at the sight of cuban cigarettes, yet giving you respectful looks.
As far as I know only hip city youth was smoking them and there was a little cult aura going around these beauties.
Now it looks like a thing of a past. Too bad.

As has been mentioned, they are very strong filter cigarettes. Better flavor than any of the US brands. No less addictive, so
I stay away from them.

The RyJ are alot smoother than the cohiba's, both are alot better than anything you can get in the states. I would like to get more but can't find them at a good price.

The RyJ are alot smoother than the cohiba's, both are alot better than anything you can get in the states. I would like to get more but can't find them at a good price.

I got a carton (200 cigarettes) of RyJ for $12 or $1.20 per pack, no taxes, no shipping. I gave most of them away. I'll post some pics of the packs as well as the cigs up close..

Bought one pack (RyJ) on my trip to Russia. Experience is rather disappointing: these are filtered and it actually kills the whole thing - filter takes away about a quarter of a cigarette, plus fools you into taking vigorous puffs while burning incredibly fast - basically you can finish the cigarette in 5-6 hefty takes, given that your lungs not going to buckle.
Taste has some obvious notes of Cuban cigar tobacco but the concept of a filtered cigarette is rather ridiculous - too weak to smoke like a cigar and too strong and short for a normal cigarette. Non-filtered Cuban cigarettes at least commanded some respect and took longer to burn unlike these firecrackers.

I smoked one pack while out of the country and sum it up in one word...nasty.

I bought a pack of Cohiba and RyJ from Atuck a good while back just for S&G still have most of both packs around. My gf loves the RyJs, I like the Cohibas a little better. Neither hold a candle to Cuban cigars but I keep them in the humi just as interesting little pieces to have around.

As an interesting aside... I have a cabinet humidor full of cigars and a couple coolers to age, this of course is duly noted by all of my family. Once my dad saw that I had cigarettes(the aforementioned cubans only) in the humidor and almost whipped my ass on the spot(before I explained their purpose.) At least some people still give cigars the respect they deserve. :p :laugh: :laugh:

CYG

I smoke cigarettes too. I only smoke the Cuban ones. I have several cartons of a few different brands, Cohiba is one of them. My favorite is the RyJ. I like the Populars too, they are the cheapest.

These may be strong but keep in mind that they are natural and not full of all the chemicals and crap that are in the domestic cigarettes.

I have been smoking the Cubans for a little over a year. Used to smoke Marlboros. Ever since I switched I have not had a chest cold or bronchitis. Now if I get a cold at all it just goes away in a couple days. Before, I would always get real sick.

In fact, I am smoking a Cohiba cigarette right now.