• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba vs. Trinidad

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Hi all,
looking to sample either option A: Cohiba Robustos and Lanceros or option B: Trinidad fundadores and robusto extra, which would you go with and why?

I had a taste of the CoRo's a while back and what I had was gone fast because I really enjoyed them.
Thanks. :D

Ceasar

Have recently had the Cohiba Lancero and the Trinidad Fundador. Would have to go with the Cohiba Lancero - but frankly they are both awesome.

John

PS - you may find price point of Cohiba lancero helps make the choice for you (edit to add this)

All of these are exceptional cigars, with the exception of the Robusto Extra. I would highly recommend the Robusto T, but I cant say the same for the RE. Otherwise, there are slight differences in taste. There is no wrong answer here.

Enjoy your cigars,

Drew P

The few Cohibas I've had haven't really wowed me but the Trinis I have had certainly did. Especially the Coloniales from Trinidad, one of the best smokes I've had. Of course it may have been because it came from a really hot Filipino. :D

They are both great blends. Try some of the Trini stuff, too. You may prefer it.

JMHO... I've had few cigars that always meet or exceed their expectations like Trinidad. 2-3 years age (or more :blush: )on a reasonably CC that can contend with Cohiba...worthwhile.

*this post not intended to undermine the all-mighty Coheeb

The few Cohibas I've had haven't really wowed me but the Trinis I have had certainly did. Especially the Coloniales from Trinidad, one of the best smokes I've had. Of course it may have been because it came from a really hot Filipino. :D

Coming from the Filipino didn't hurt, but the cigar was pretty damn tasty on it's own merit.

My money is on the Trinidad's as they are more consistent, it seems rare these days to get a decent Cohiba.

I love Trini's and I love Cohibas, but there really is no comparing the two IMO.

Trini's have those earthy/grassy tones similar to a lot of CC H.Upmanns. I think the fundadore is an excellent cigar, but I prefer the Coloniale.

Cohiba's have such a large line that it is hard to pigeonhole them with one taste profile, other than to say that they are delicious.

If I had my druthers....Trinidad.(Filipino or no)

So far it would seem the trini's have it. I'v really enjoyed any Cohibas I'v had, (Siglo VI, Siglo III, Siglo II, CoRo, Never had a Trin, but maybe I'll go with CoRo's and Trin fundadores, as it would seem by suggestion from Drew that The RE from Trin may not be best.

Cohiba....I really like Trinis but for some odd reason never reach for them..gotta be in a certain mood..Cohibas I could smoke all the time.

This is an interesting topic. I have to say in my overall opinion...I've smoked more good Trinis than Cohibas, and while I have both in my humidors, I tend to reach for the Cohiba more often. That's not because I think Cohiba is necessarily better, but without a doubt there is more variety with the Cohiba. Each have great cigars in their respective repetoires. I also agree with the earlier comment that these two marcas are difficult to compare side to side. Having said all that I can say the the Trinidad Ingenios is a horrible cigar. My favorite in the Trini line up would be (in order): Robusto T, Fundadores, Coloniales. These are the Trinis I smoke most often. On the Cohiba side (in order): Esplendido, CoRo, Siglo V, I and IV. Looking at your two options, I would mix and match and go CoRo and Fundadore.

CoRos for sure! Trinidad has changed and I haven't been impressed with their product since the 98 Trini's.

I love Trinidad's... Those are top of my list (with Boli's). Cohiba lanceros and fantastic as well.

You buy a box of Trini's and I'll get the lanceros and split 'em :p

I prefer the Trinidad line. All of vitolas have great flavor, nice vanilla finish...spice and cream. The Cohibas have 2 good cigars in the whole line that I like, The VI Tubos and the Esplendido when they are on.

I'm reviving this instead of starting a new thread. I picked up a fiver of Co Robos from a brother to try. Cohibas are just one of those lines that I've never really delved into because of price, and my inexperience with the different marca. I've had my interest peaked about the Trini Robo T's recently. Price wise these run about the same. I'm not reading a whole lot of overwhelmingly favorable opinions on the Co Robos. However...what few reviews I've come across on the Trini's have all been pretty good. I've read that the Robo T's are smoking nicely right now...and I'm considering the possibility of giving these a try.
Regardless of whatever I've read about the Cohibas, I'm really looking forward to trying these. Can anybody lend some experience with the Trini's? I did read Greggs review...but he admits to being somewhat under the weather when he smoked it, so... :)

Thanks,
Walt