• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Bowl Pick-em League/Contest YEAR 3

Since it's still anyone's game....did we decide on 2 or 3 pay-out slots? After the initial post it was never mentioned...but figured we should clear the air before the scores are settled. An upset tomorrow could really shake up our league...

The looks of it gives us 36 cigars (12 spots). I'd vote top 3 (25% pay structure) at 6, 12, and 18 sticks respectively. I didn't play last year so I'm not sure what the # and/ or pay out was.

StatHaldol said:

Well that was an exciting finish to the Ball State game tonight.  The reason I look forward to this pool each year isn't the chance to win cigars.  If you're like me you were cussing at the television multiple times this evening.  Just sweating a game is fun.  Too bad we only have one more left tomorrow.

That was one of the best bowl games so far, even though it hurt me bad!  I look forward to the pool every year for the same reason.  Anyone besides me picking Auburn in an upset tomorrow?

I did some math a few days ago and switched my pick from FSU with 1 point of confidence to Auburn with 25 points, though thanks to Balls Tate (and many other incorrect choices, obviously...) it's become a moot point at this stage.

Still, it's been fun as always!

BigJake6904 said:
Since it's still anyone's game....did we decide on 2 or 3 pay-out slots? After the initial post it was never mentioned...but figured we should clear the air before the scores are settled. An upset tomorrow could really shake up our league...

The looks of it gives us 36 cigars (12 spots). I'd vote top 3 (25% pay structure) at 6, 12, and 18 sticks respectively. I didn't play last year so I'm not sure what the # and/ or pay out was.
Jake, since no one else chimed in after my initial payout post, I still say we pay out top 3 since we got 12 players. That payout is fine with me. Years past we only paid out 1&2 since we only really had 10 players. So:

1st place will have 15 cigars shipped to them, 2nd will have 9 shipped to them and finally 3rd will have 3 shipped to them...all keeping their initial 3 entries. Lastly, last place will receive something pretty/shiny/cigar/college related.

And lastly.....go Auburn!!

modo22 said:

Jake, since no one else chimed in after my initial payout post, I still say we pay out top 3 since we got 12 players. That payout is fine with me. Years past we only paid out 1&2 since we only really had 10 players. So:

1st place will have 15 cigars shipped to them, 2nd will have 9 shipped to them and finally 3rd will have 3 shipped to them...all keeping their initial 3 entries. Lastly, last place will receive something pretty/shiny/cigar/college related.

And lastly.....go Auburn!!

Sounds good! I hope the SEC takes it again....

No matter what happens tonight, Tomorrow; this post will be updated with winners and who is sending to whom...PMs will be sent with Addys and instructions.

Good luck everyone! Even last place, pretty good battle there too!

That was fun! Thanks for putting this together! Tell me where to mail my sticks! Tough break Auburn, sometimes your luck runs out.

This was definitely fun to be a part of and thank you for putting it all together. I thought Auburn had them until FSU ran back that kickoff. Great game!

Let me know where I need to mail my sticks to.

You just can't ask for a better end to the college bowl season than that!  Auburn played their hearts out.  How about that kick return!?!?  Thanks Modo for putting this together.  I'm already looking forward to next year!

Wow...what an ending...makes me wonder how the line up would have ended with that upset. Such a nail biter! The way championships should be!

Well I ended just about where I thought I might but I have to say I watched and enjoyed more games this year than I have in the last few years and thats only because of this pool so thank you very much for putting together. Tell me where to send my stick.

Modo 22.21   22 of 35

2 Schmidt Heads Picks   22 of 35

3 Gig 'Em Aggies   21 of 35

4 Melissa's Nice Pick Set   20 of 35

5 Frank's First-Class Pick Set   19 of 35

6 drunkfish   20 of 35

7 StatHaldol's Picks  22 of 35

8 Tall Paul   20 of 35

9 Tom's Perfect Pick Set  16 of 35

10 The Green Monkey  19 of 35

11 Brickhouse's Picks   20 of 35

12 Sims   15 of 35

I love putting this pool together!  It helps prevent one from getting lost in a long bowl season with 35 games in 16 days.  Hope to continue this next year even with a little different spin with the playoffs starting.  But what a great ending to the BCS!!  I needed FSU to win or I would have been 4th or lower...I covered my eyes on the last drive, that was fun to watch regardless.

I will get all this in PMs with addresses, but FYI;

-BigJake6904's 3rd place sticks will be sent by Melissa
-Schmidt's 2nd place sticks will be sent by Stathaldol, fjldo, and drunkfish
-Modo22's 1st place sticks will be sent by The Green Monkey, Brickhouse, Tall Paul, Sims, and thinde
-Sims LAST place trophy will be sent by Modo22!!! hmmmm what to do!?!?

PMs on their way...

Damn it, I can't even succeed at getting last place.

Fun as always.

THANK YOU to everyone that played this year!  Best turn out yet.  ALL winnings have been shipped and received!  Thanks all for keeping the concept of trust alive.  It makes this pool easy to run and fun to play (not to mention win :laugh: )

Hope to have this up again next year!

modo22 said:
THANK YOU to everyone that played this year!  Best turn out yet.  ALL winnings have been shipped and received!  Thanks all for keeping the concept of trust alive.  It makes this pool easy to run and fun to play (not to mention win :laugh: )

I'm not a big college football fan but love this contest every year. However will it still be up with the new rules I see some of you talking about in other threads? Again I do not follow the games at all till this contest is posted so I may be way off.

Paul

Tall Paul said:

I'm not a big college football fan but love this contest every year. However will it still be up with the new rules I see some of you talking about in other threads? Again I do not follow the games at all till this contest is posted so I may be way off.

Paul
Not sure Paul, I was going to start looking into it around thanksgiving, but I for one intend to still hold this tourney if yahoo is doing something. If not, I would like to figure something out so we can all play again as this makes a long post season fun.

modo22 said:

Paul
Not sure Paul, I was going to start looking into it around thanksgiving, but I for one intend to still hold this tourney if yahoo is doing something. If not, I would like to figure something out so we can all play again as this makes a long post season fun.

I'm looking forward to this too, it adds a lot to bowl season!

Well looks like they will be doing this again this year. 

I will get our group renewed this week!! 

I'll be in. I haven't been able to watch much so it will be interesting how my uninformed guessing goes.