• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

college football

The SEC?? Are you kidding me??

The Big Twelve is a little off this year and we still have:

1 Oklahoma
5 Texas
19 Kansas St
21 Oklahoma St
22 Nebraska

We usually have Nebraska and K st doing much better but other big 12 teams did most of the damage to those rankings, plus Colorado, and Texas A and M aren't even on the list this year when they usualy are.

I would say there is more then one tough conference in the country but only one is going to be the home of the national champs. ;) :thumbs: :p :D

By the way, dont forget Florida is going to drop a little when the Noles spank em next weekend.

gibu said:
Sorry bout the frogs Todd.
thanks man..<sniff>..
i've almost stopped crying everytime i
see purple, almost. purplebooooohooooohooooo :(

we were so close.<snnniiiiiiiiffffff> :( 22 points in 4 and a half
minutes. man, i thought we were gonna come back for a little bit.
next year i guess. of course the stars align just right only every
once in a while. ???
'scuse me, i gotta change pillow cases, this ones drenched<snnifff> :(

again, thanks for your condolences my brother. :)

gibu said:
The SEC?? Are you kidding me??

The Big Twelve is a little off this year and we still have:

1 Oklahoma
5 Texas
19 Kansas St
21 Oklahoma St
22 Nebraska

We usually have Nebraska and K st doing much better but other big 12 teams did most of the damage to those rankings, plus Colorado, and Texas A and M aren't even on the list this year when they usualy are.

I would say there is more then one tough conference in the country but only one is going to be the home of the national champs. ;) :thumbs: :p :D

By the way, dont forget Florida is going to drop a little when the Noles spank em next weekend.
Average rank of those 5 is 13.6, average rank of my 5 is 9. Nuff said.

The Big Ten ain't so bad either:
4 Michigan
7 Ohio State
12 Iowa
13 Perdue
22 Minnesota

and Michigan State not too far off.

Ave = 11.6

Yes, Gibu I been keeping an eye on your cats and was actually able to watch paet of the game yesterday with Missouri since it was on TBS. I wanna see you guy mess up the Sooners :thumbs:

Wow. What a great game. BBF to celebrate. Then way too much drink and one hell of a hangover today.

The last time a team with two loses won the National Title was in 1960 (Minnesota).

Michigan fans need USC, LSU & OU to lose sometime (which could happen).

Unfortunately USC has the inside track to the National title only having to defeat Oregon State on December 6th.

LSU still has to play Arkansas AND an SEC title game and OU has to play Kansas State in the Big 12 title game.

As I mentioned last week, Michigan is still in the hunt for the National title if a few things break their way. Unfortunately, even if Kansas State puts a hurtin' on OU, the Wolverines probably won't be able to pass OU in the BCS.

Now that I think about it, the Sugar Bowl is looking like USC/OU. Hopefully LSU will go to the Rose Bowl instead of the Fiesta Bowl and make things interesting, #3 vs #4.

Oh, how I want Oregon State to win on December 6th AND LSU to lose to Arkansas AND lose the SEC title game to say Florida.

Bottom line is if USC defeats Oregon State, Michigan IS NOT going to the Sugar Bowl.

GO BEAVERS

emodx said:
WTF is a Ute?
The Utah Runnin' Utes baby!!!!! Yeah yeah yeah, I know the they get no respect but they are a pretty damn good team this year. I pity the team that gets matched up with them in the Liberty Bowl. Don't be surprised if Urban turns out a top 10 team next year :D

WAY TO GO CATS

Puttin a hurting on the Sooners!!

Kansas State 35
Oklahoma 7

woooooooooHO, Cats to the Fiesta Bowl as the Big 12 Champs!!! My guess is that they'll face Georgia.

Go Cats !!!

and the wonderful Beavers of Oregon State did the Wolverines no favors today either. I should have known, the last time the Beavers defeated USC in Los Angeles was before I was born (and I'm 42!!)

and Georgia let me down as well, losing to LSU.

Sugar Bowl still should be Oklahoma vs USC.
I gotta pull for Oklahoma...... (ugh!)

Oh oh Gibu, Emo ain't gonna be too happy with me as I'm pulling for the Big 10 and the Big 12

Rose Bowl should be Michigan vs LSU

Go Blue !!!

Oh Yeah, Orange Bowl: Should be Florida State vs Ohio State.

Go Buckeyes !!!

Hey CC,

I sure hope the sooners do still play for the championship. It'll be great to know the Cats beat the national champs, AND have the national champs be a big 12 team. It'll put a damper on things if the miss out on the championship game because of this.

The Noles were headed to the Fiesta before this so I'm not sure how that game is going to shape up now. The comentators were saying the horns were out because usually only one team max per conference are inited to BCS games. We'll see.

I am firmly going for the noles no matter who they play and that may even include my cats. I think I'd rather be disapointed then have my football buddy be the disapointed one. We'll see though.

Now I can't help but think back to that three game loosing streak and imagine "what if".

OOOPPPS!!

I forgot about the two teams max per conference rule in BCS and I unfortunately modified my post in the meantime, you're right Texas cannot go now that KSU won. Ah, I also did not realize that FSU was going to the Fiesta since I figured that the ACC/Big East Champ usually goes to the Orange Bowl, that's my thinking anyway.

Oh I know, "what if" I tell ya, you had me BELIEVIN earlier in the year in your cats!!!

KSU is a GREAT team and I am so happy they trounced the Sooners today!!!

OK, I had heard that kid from K State was good, but my gawd, he is quick, with moves, and crazy speed.

Everyone here is hoping for UM vs Oklahoma to settle up some UM/ Nebraska blood from 97.

Doesn't Nebraska sound Russian?

Go Blue!

Good nothin, He should be the Heisman recipient, thats all !!

Nebrska sounds more like native american too me. :D

Nebraska fired Solich by the way, was everyone aware of that. Apparently a winning season just isn't good enough up there. ???

Sooner blood to make up for a Nebraska trouncin?? I'm not sure that works. There blood fued enemys themselves you know. Before the big 8 expanded to Big 12 the Nebaska OU game was the last of the season for both each year and was the huge finally to the regular season. I'm a Cats fan, but I like and respect the Huskers having lived there for a short while and respect the recognition they have brought to our little corner of the world. You have no idea how bad I hate rooting for the Sooners. If they don't come apart after this though I think they can still take just about anybody though.

Gibu, I'll tell ya, after seeing him run, he looks a lot like Mr. Sanders. And I don't mean Colonel Sanders. Very impressive. We'll see what Chris Perry does to their D and call it from there.

This is precisely why there should be a playoff.

No matter what, K. State impressed the hell out of a whole bar full of UM fans watching tonight's games. Kudos.

Oh NO! USC may get completely screwed. The number one team in the country probably isn't going to go to the championship game. Oklahoma is by the computers still number 2, even after losing that debacle last night. What a rip.

LS WHO???

Now, as I've said in the past, I am NOT a USC fan but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this nonsense.

The NUMBER ONE team in the country is not playing for the National Championship.

When they started the BCS I was in favor of it but I hope after 2005 it just plain goes away. They absolutely ruined it for themselves and have no credibility with anyone at this point.

What a bunch of fools. :angry:

The only thing the BCS jerkoffs can hope for now is that Michigan clobbers USC in the Rose Bowl.

GO SOONERS !!!

Well I'm happy :D My Moutaineers host the Terrapins in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day

OK, USC fans have an issue, but not a big one in my opinion. Three one loss teams all deserving to be in the big game, somebody was going to miss out. Its that simple. It was very close and everyone of the three teams could have taken matters in their own hands by not loosing the one game. I would be way more sympathetic if we had three undefeated teams and one was going to have to miss out.

They also need to actually win their bowl game before they start squakin too loud.

The BCS isn't perfect, but unless a playoff system is introduced, its all we got.

Way cool K St gets to play Ohio St. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do. Should be a good game.

I'm also glad were not playing the noles. That would have been a very good game also, but I'm looking forward to watching the Canes take a beating. :D

Yea, I'd say it worked out just fine afterall. What difference would it have made if the Sooners were to beat USC instead of the tigers?? :D :D ;)

What difference would it have made if the Sooners were to beat USC instead of the tigers??

LMAO, I'm with you on this one Gibu. And, now that I've had time to think about it:

LSU lost one game to Florida
USC lost one game to California (unranked)
Okalahoma lost one game to Kansas State.

Okay look at each one's loss and the quality of the opponent and you might say the final rankings should be:

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma
3. USC

So, why on earth the writers and coaches put a team (USC) over LSU or Okalhoma doesn't make sense (I guess).

Another thing, who among LSU, USC & Oklahoma had the toughest schedule?
This is an easy one: OKLAHOMA!! Therefore by that argument, maybe the final rankings should be:

1. Oklahoma
2. LSU
3. USC

Ya know, I was a initially a little upset by USC getting what I thought was screwed (I really have no idea why since I AM NOT a USC fan), but based on the two above arguments, I guess the BCS system works after all!!

Of course the REAL know-it-alls (coaches, writers & sprotscasters) all have to bitch about SOMETHING!! Just like the vocal minority of the electorate in my world of politics!!!

GO OU !!!