• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

college football

Hehehe Your right CC, you nailed it perfectly.

The polls are the human element to the BCS ranking and I know everyone in the world feels there team always gets slighted, but it does happen. USC is being all fawned over and mourned because 1. University of Southern California and 2. They do have a long tradition of winning and get a benifit of doubt because of that tradition either conciously or unconciously. The way you break it down though CC is absolutly right, it worked out correct after all.

As far as the winning tradition goes towords giving them an edge, this is true and I'll sight a couple examples. Most recent, TCU. Strength of schedule was not TCU's friend this year, but if Nebraska or Miami, or USC had a similarly easy schedule they would have still been at number 1 with the other undefeated teams instead of down below teams with one or two losses. My Cats are another example. They won one game just barely in 88 I think it was, but as soon as Snyder arrived they instantly started winning. Even with all the wins though and in a tough conference to boot, they still couldn't get anywhere in the polls for at least a couple years if not more. The polls are a human element to the BCS and will allways be somewhat imperfect. That imperfection was what drove people to the BCS system in first place after all.

Hey, I forgot about the update on SEC Vs Big 12 !!! :D

SEC

2 LSU
8 Tenn
12 Georgia
15 Florida
19 Missippi

Average = 11.2

Big 12

1 Oklahoma
6 Texas
10 Kansas St.
20 Nebraska
21 Oklahoma St.

Average = 11.6

DANG!! The numbers don't lie! The SEC clearly dominates the polls!!

If only my Cats hadn't put such a huge smackdown on Nebraska, then they might be a little higher in the polls. :sign:

Well congradulations to the SEC!

And, I will still remind everyone about the Big Ten:

Michigan 4
Ohio State 5
Iowa 13
Perdue 14
Minnesota 25

Average = 12.2

Not too far behind the pack.

Depending on the Bowls, it's going to be interesting to see which conference wins the award.

It's going to be close but my bet is with the Big 12.
The Big Ten won it last year, just in case anyone forgot :sign: :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
I guess the BCS system works after all!!
:0
come on now, really! the freakin inbread sooners
didn't even win their conference and now off they
go to the championship game :angry: what a load
of bull****! the BunchaCrapSeries has totally blew
it 3 out of the 6 years of its existence.
if you have 3 teams with 1 loss, and 2 of them were
conference champs, that should should be the 2 teams
in the championship game. DUHH! that's one hell of a
computer they got there! what is it? a commodore vic 20?

not trying to bust your balls there bill. ;)
this BCS thing just has me exasperated! :angry:

Now come on Todd, Relax a little.

What if next year its three teams all with one loss and all three are conference champs? How do you propose the BCS decide things then in that case? Perhaps go to strength of schedule? Or What? How bout USC just not loose that game to Cal and then they wouldn't even have anything to worry about? How did USC do in there conference championship game? Didn't play one you say? So they went 11-1 in regular season play. Well OU went 12-0 in regular season play and if the big 12 didn't have a championship game they would have been the conference champs for sure. So you would like to penalise them for being from a large conference that uses a two division system with a championship game? How bout just using there winning percentage? The sooners won 91.66% of their games. USC won 90.09% of their games. Who's in and who's out then?

Come on, you can use all the rationalisations you want or you can just go with it. Either you win all your games and take it out of the BCS's hands or you live and die by the current system.

When Michigan Beats the snot out'ta USC... there will be one true champ! :thumbs:

what i hope happens is michigan whomps usc
and lsu whomps ou. then usc has no claim, the
national champ was a conferance champ, and i
can thumb my nose at all those damned sooners
flag wavin' yahoos down here!

oh, btw. what happens when an aggie moves to
oklahoma? he improves the intelligence of both
states! :sign:

what keeps texas from falling into the gulf of mexico?
oklahoma sucks! :D buwahahahahaha!
(umm no, i don't care for OK)

Conference Bowl Records
The Associated Press
1/5/04 7:07 AM

Through games of Jan. 4, 2004

Conference W L Pct.
Mid-American 2 0 1.000
Atlantic Coast 5 1 .833
Western Athletic 3 1 .750
Southeastern 5 2 .714
Pac-10 4 2 .667
Big East 2 3 .400
Big Ten 3 5 .375
Mountain West 1 2 .333
Big 12 2 6 .250
Conference USA 1 4 .200
Independents 0 1 .000
Sun Belt 0 1 .000

BTW, according to the top 25 BCS--SEC, Big 12, Big 10 - 5 each
ACC, Pac 10 2 Each, Big East 1

Big Ten & Big 12 let me down :( No wonder I came in dead friggin last in a College Football pool I was in :(