• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer Gamers and Steam

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Well, this last week has sucked. My back issue turned into full blown sciatica (or SI joint issue, still running tests), complete with a 'pop' and shooting pain down my leg and GREAT drugs from the ER. I'm going nuts, lost my summer leave as a result and won't be going on my boat fishing for some time (Cory had to delay his trip... sorry bro) but the good thing is I've been smoking a ton of cigars! I'm now finally at the point where I can sit for a bit, but only on my computer chair and not anything else near anything fun to do (ie Xbox or big screen TV)

So I have been playing some computer games, and on Steam I created a CigarPass group. If anyone knows what Steam is on a computer, feel free to join up. I've been playing a lot of Killing Floor, which is perfect for me as I don't need to think (drugs do that to you...) just kill more zombies!
smiley-zombie46ni.gif

I know there are a few CP people on Steam... join up and lets get some gaming on. As long as I cannot work, fish or do anything worth a crap I might as well get some gaming in :( I can only smoke so many cigars in a day...

I have a few games on the 'puter that won't show in my games list since I didn't get them over Steam... I'll look for a way to add those to my profile

CigarPass group

My Profile

Haven't done Steam in a while though. What do you play? Might have to go buy it.

You can get Steam for free... it's just a online 'hookup' service, and buying games online for download.

But I have-
Left4Dead
Killing Floor
Call of Duty World at War
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2
GhostRecon Advanced Warfighter
IL2 Sturmovik 1946
Hidden and Dangerous 2
and a couple of others I can't recall right now...

Shite, all that? I would love some squad action. Lets see who else answers muster.

Just the Orange Box here, TF2 is awesome, but the servers aren't very populated anymore, and I'm usually busy with WoW. We'll see what the future holds though.

Signed up for the group, been long time CS:S player, and just started on TF2

I'm just loaded Steam when I got F.E.A.R. 2, which is the only one I have loaded. I've been playing PREY the past couple nights, freakin' strange game! Time permitting, I'll see what I can't do to get more into the game thing.

I played CS for a looooooong time up until a few years ago. I think I still have Steam on my machine though, I'll have to sign up. From what I hear Left4Dead is awesome, and TF2 is supposed to be the new hotness.

If anyone wanted to get some games going on either of those I'd be up for it. I'll join the group tonight!

Joined the group. I am a long time TF player and about the only thing i play is TF2 only pop on a couple times a week now though as my clan is inactive. not enough competition ready maps for true tourney's.

Sucks about your back and the lack of fishing. It would drive me NUTS not to be able to head out. My friend owns a nice Parker that we go out on all the time. if you are ever in town during the summer hit me up and I will see if we can get you a ride for some tuna/offshore fishing. Hell even during the winter when most things are closed to fishing here we go out and get some lobster during the season.

Joined the group. I am a long time TF player and about the only thing i play is TF2 only pop on a couple times a week now though as my clan is inactive. not enough competition ready maps for true tourney's.

Sucks about your back and the lack of fishing. It would drive me NUTS not to be able to head out. My friend owns a nice Parker that we go out on all the time. if you are ever in town during the summer hit me up and I will see if we can get you a ride for some tuna/offshore fishing. Hell even during the winter when most things are closed to fishing here we go out and get some lobster during the season.

Thanks... personally, I'm going NUTSO. if it weren't for good beer (now I'm off the narcotics) and the gaming option now I can sit for a bit... I'd be going postal. NOT being down on my boat fishing with Cory is the hardest thing I've done yet this year. I hop ehe forgives me... :(

You never know when I may take you up on this option - not that I hit Cali very often, but you never know. I'm usually out hunting for monster halibut in case you make the trip to AK (and I'm not injured...)

I'll be killing in Killing Floor tonight... tomorrow... the next day... send a friend request!

I'm all about joining next time I'm in Steam.
I've currently got Left4Dead & The Orange Box and no time to play em!

seems a fairly common one some of us have is L4D... have to set up a game soon!

You can't even sit on a big comfy couch and play 360?

Only for short periods right now... the 'poofiness' is what kills me. The computer chair sits me more upright and has better posture for me right now. I tried a little today on the couch/360 and did better... but still not there yet for any lengthy gaming.

Hey Jim! Sorry, was at the office and just now got your message. FEAR2 is a decent game, like it alright. Beat it in no time, really not much of a challenge IMO. I liked the first one better. I'll try and catch ya later on bro!

Aight, I got Killing Floor and am trying to hook up with Jim to play. He's gonna try to get on and play in a couple hours maybe. Anybody else interested?? I just purchased the game so don't know squat about it, so somebody get on Steam and send me an invite. :D I wanna play dagnabbit!

I own a ventrilo server, and every member of CP is more than welcome to hangout in there and use microphones to chat with. It's awesome for when you're playing games together and you can talk behind the scenes, or you can just talk. A few friends of mine use it to play DOD and other games with, and as I said, there's plenty of slots and everyone is more than welcome to use it.