• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Conspiracy theories

What is the LRO?

>>>>>LINK<<<<< Oh wait! It's a Nasa i.e. government program.

Again ..... "if you don't believe me, just ask me."

I think we should have the Warren Commission do a study of the Warren Commission's finding in the JFK assassination.🤪
😁

You're the one who wanted to point the Hubble Space Telescope at the moon.

Wanna take a guess who launched/owns the Hubble?

How do you know any of the supposed Hubble pics are real? Could be CGI, so your Hubble "proof" of the moon landings would be supplied by the same government that can't be trusted to tell the truth about landing there in the first place!

I'm not saying that I disagree with you but when red scientists and blue scientists have differing versions of science, then we are fucked. Science is supposed to be the ONE thing that is irrefutable and yet it is common nowadays to refute it. If science isn't convenient to one's particular interests, then it is junk, fake, wrong, bad or pick your favorite adverb.
My point is that if the royal We cannot settle on the science, then the science to fix earth ain't gonna happen.
I 100% agree that there is no such thing as science anymore. Two people can look at data and convince you that it means two completely different things. Last night I saw that there are 1.7 trillion Chinese people on earth and 7.7 trillion total people on earth. That means if you and your wife have 5 kids, one of them will be Chinese. Is that correct, NO. But do the facts support it, YES

What does science have to do with careless spending? I don’t need a scientist to tell me that we are wasting tons of money on bs that doesn’t matter!

What does science have to do with careless spending? I don’t need a scientist to tell me that we are wasting tons of money on bs that doesn’t matter!
That depends on what you consider careless spending. Many of the satellites being launched do a lot of good. They monitor geographic and thermal changes around the earth, they increase wifi access to places that would not normally have it. They keep us safe and protect us from enemies.

The ISS is doing numerous experiments to better the way we do things here on earth.

Edit: The US budget for NASA is 24 Billion dollars for 2022. That is 00.4% of the US budget for the year. The US has spent 660 Billion over the course of the lifespan of NASA. More than 1/3 of that budget goes to Science, Technology and Education.

Last edited:
Well if we are talking about fixing issues here on earth then Global Warming has to be near the top of that list. And if we are talking about Global Warming then there are scientists who provide science to tell us what is happening and why and steps we should take to fix it. And then there are scientists who refute that knowledge but don't have any solutions either. Just one example of how one man's science can be inconvenient for another.

That depends on what you consider careless spending. Many of the satellites being launched do a lot of good. They monitor geographic and thermal changes around the earth, they increase wifi access to places that would not normally have it. They keep us safe and protect us from enemies.

The ISS is doing numerous experiments to better the way we do things here on earth.

Edit: The US budget for NASA is 24 Billion dollars for 2022. That is 00.4% of the US budget for the year. The US has spent 660 Billion over the course of the lifespan of NASA. More than 1/3 of that budget goes to Science, Technology and Education.
I certainly don’t think NASA is the only thing we waste money on, but 24 billion would be a great start.

Well if we are talking about fixing issues here on earth then Global Warming has to be near the top of that list. And if we are talking about Global Warming then there are scientists who provide science to tell us what is happening and why and steps we should take to fix it. And then there are scientists who refute that knowledge but don't have any solutions either. Just one example of how one man's science can be inconvenient for another.
Global warming is not anywhere close to the top of my list! To think that we have any control over the earth’s temperature is laughable!

Global warming is not anywhere close to the top of my list! To think that we have any control over the earth’s temperature is laughable!
You proved my point.

But I also want to know what would be your top things because you and I think differently and I want to learn from you.

I certainly don’t think NASA is the only thing we waste money on, but 24 billion would be a great start.
That's not even 1/2 of what we've sent to Ukraine this year... What NASA does shapes our country. Provides technology advancements, creates excitement in youth to pursue technology and engineering jobs. Helps to understand how we are effected by outside influences provides GPS, telecommunications, and protection. There is so much more wasteful spending out there, take it from that.

That's not even 1/2 of what we've sent to Ukraine this year... What NASA does shapes our country. Provides technology advancements, creates excitement in youth to pursue technology and engineering jobs. Helps to understand how we are effected by outside influences provides GPS, telecommunications, and protection. There is so much more wasteful spending out there, take it from that.
I agree there are plenty of other places that money is being wasted, that was the point I made previously. But to your point, how much more good could NASA do if they weren’t wasting time and resources on things that have no value at all to our lives. Now if we lived in a perfect world and had nothing else to do then fine, but we don’t. Basically if the government is running it, they are wasting money, you can almost guarantee that.

I agree there are plenty of other places that money is being wasted, that was the point I made previously. But to your point, how much more good could NASA do if they weren’t wasting time and resources on things that have no value at all to our lives. Now if we lived in a perfect world and had nothing else to do then fine, but we don’t. Basically if the government is running it, they are wasting money, you can almost guarantee that.
So, John and Chad both asked: What is your definition of wasteful and of no value, specifically? NASA is one arm where I'd suspect there is as little pork and waste as possible given how downsized and defunded it has become since the end of the Space Shuttle program over a decade ago.

You proved my point.

But I also want to know what would be your top things because you and I think differently and I want to learn from you.
I am not a teacher, and I have never claimed to be an expert at anything, so I don’t think I am qualified to teach you anything. Here is my best guess as it pertains to global warming, since that is the subject you have brought up. The Earth is just fine, it has been here for billions of years right? I bet the Earth will still be here when you, me, and everyone else is long gone. The Earth has been through way worse shit than humans, example global warmings, ice ages, pole reversals, solar flares ect. we are nothing in the grand scheme. That’s my .02

Last edited:
So, John and Chad both asked: What is your definition of wasteful and of no value, specifically? NASA is one arm where I'd suspect there is as little pork and waste as possible given how downsized and defunded it has become since the end of the Space Shuttle program over a decade ago.
Well you gave a great example, the shuttle program was a waste of money and a failure in a lot of ways. But space exploration in general is a waste of money. We aren’t leaving this planet!

@TexasTraveler what real world problems do you think we should be putting money towards to be fixed or at least addressed?
I would be just fine with just not wasting our tax dollars and let us keep a few more for ourselves to spend how we see fit for our individual lives. But it doesn’t sound like you would be ok with giving money back to the people and you want it spent, so how about housing, infrastructure, homeless, drug intervention, food for the hungry. Maybe I am just naïve to think we could actually make our world and lives better, and we should just keep on doing the same things because that’s what we have been told.

While we are on the subject of cutting waste, let's find a way to axe the insurance-industrial complex in medicine. There's no reason that things should cost 10x more in the US than in other parts of the civilized world, simply because medical insurance will pay for it to cost that much.

I would be just fine with just not wasting our tax dollars and let us keep a few more for ourselves to spend how we see fit for our individual lives. But it doesn’t sound like you would be ok with giving money back to the people and you want it spent, so how about housing, infrastructure, homeless, drug intervention, food for the hungry. Maybe I am just naïve to think we could actually make our world and lives better, and we should just keep on doing the same things because that’s what we have been told.
Nice, I like that list. I don't think we will ever get our taxes reduced. To any meaningful level anyways. That being said, I'd happily have my miss spent tax dollars go to see those issues.

You're the one who wanted to point the Hubble Space Telescope at the moon.

Wanna take a guess who launched/owns the Hubble?

How do you know any of the supposed Hubble pics are real? Could be CGI, so your Hubble "proof" of the moon landings would be supplied by the same government that can't be trusted to tell the truth about landing there in the first place!
You're learning.😉