• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest for CPI Raffle Entry - Coolest Car

1923-ford-t-bucket.jpg

He he, a little music to charm the little darlings. My entry is the yellow nosed Merc with the flames.

Doc

How about the new Hummer HX? Looks like a Range Rover and FJ had a love child, I quite like the look, it actually reminds me of the Warthog from Halo. I was always a huge fan of the Hummer H1, so this is a nice new smaller modern version of that. It's not meant to go get groceries on Sunday, it's meant to compete with the Jeep Wrangler off road. Full time 4WD, locking differentials on both front and rear, 3.6L fuel injected VVT V-6 with 304HP, custom racing shocks from Fox Racing, 20" wheels, this is a off-roading beast.You can remove nearly everything; hood, roof and roof assembly, fenders, doors and everything is attached with specially designed exposed hinges or quick-release fasteners for on the fly quick removal.

hummer-arabia-0764186bab.jpg

1908_Stanley_Steamer-jan28a.jpg

A total classic- The Stanley Brothers where some of the greatest Mainers to ever live, they sold their photo process invention to Eastman to fund their car pursuits. They built a steam car that would go 60 mph.

Didn't Hummer go out of business in 2009? That HX can't be new.

Hummer *is* owned by GM. The H3 was on a Tahoe platform. I do seem to recall hearing that they chopped the company, though, as well. Time to hit up the academically-maligned Wikipedia and see what they have to say...

I am not aware of the current where abouts of Hummer, I just remember reading that a little while back and thought it was pretty awesome. Off to research!!!

Alright, Hummer was owned by GM who declared bankruptcy 2009. They soon after sold the company to a Chinese company Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., which fell through several months later and is still owned by General Motors. The Hummer HX was a concept car designed from 2004-2008, that was supposed to go into production and to be released in late 2010. But production was canceled after the bankruptcy and it's never been seen from again.

Very sad, I actually liked the look of this beast, wouldn't mind having one myself!

Back