Contest for sci-fi readers!

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
As some of you already know, I've written a few books over the past couple of years. Fortunately, they've been doing well on Amazon and B&N.com. In the past year, I've sold more than 35k copies of the books in The Peace Warrior Trilogy.

Anyhow, here's the contest: Guess the name of my favorite book, with author.

And here's what you will win: A paperback set of the trilogy along with a nice selection of cigars.

Rules:
  • I will leave the contest open until midnight EST on Friday, June 1st.
  • One guess per person, per day.
  • You can guess a book title even if it has already been chosen. If multiple BOTLs pick the correct book, I will draw two names. Both will receive a package send a package to the first person who guessed correctly and draw a name from the subsequent correct guesses for a second package.
  • Contest is open to all BOTLs in good standing: Newb, FOG, or somewhere in between.
For anyone wondering if these books are for you, here are links to the books on Amazon.com:

Book 1 - Peace Warrior: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UHVYQE (86 reviews. Rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars)
Book 2 - Peace Army: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WTUK8C (29 reviews. Rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars)
Book 3 - Peace World: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005W67V8G (28 reviews. Rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars)

Although they've received good reviews overall, there are some less-than-stellar comments, especially on the first book. I still get a kick out of my first one-star review: "If you are 9 years old, you might enjoy this novel. The writing is more appropriate for a comic book than a novel. No, I take that back, comic books are better written." :love: Gosh, I love that guy!

Thanks all, and good luck!

S.

Edited to modify the rules slightly. Edits are in red.

gtadroptop

You can't make this stuff up
Issac Asimov - Foundation

Nicely done with the books. :thumbs:

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
The Robots of Dawn - Isaac Asimov

Congratulations on the novels Steve, if I don't win, you'll have a new customer.

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
For anyone who doesn't click the link's, the first book is currently free on Nook/Kindle so you can get you feet wet with the trilogy.

Steve I have a question, in B&N the first book appears twice Here and Here. One of the reviews under the second link says
I have now read this entire trilogy. The first book was awesome....and this one was better.

Those are both the same book right?? and Its book 1 right??

I am very confused

thefatguy

TheFatGuy
Asimov, nightfall

I think I'll give these a read. Congrats so far and I wish you continued success.

Ian

Joebunaga

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.
Ender's Game series- Orson Scott Card.

Good luck with the writing, I've always wanted to try to write a book myself.

And thanks for the contest!

Ward

Pathfinder - Orson Scott Card ???

Either way I will likely check the books out, thanks for the contest !

Fatken

The Time Machine - H.G. Wells

Congrats Steve! I will read the 2nd and 3rd.

Ken

MadMonk

Ender's Game series- Orson Scott Card.

Good luck with the writing, I've always wanted to try to write a book myself.

And thanks for the contest!
OSC is one of my all time favorite authors. I have a friend who read every book that's ever won a nebula award. Pretty good.

for the contest:

Gateway - Frederick Pohl

punk_lawyer

Habeas Punkus
The Nymphos of Rocky Flats - Mario Acevedo

Cool stuff on the books. Writing is a passion of mine so I admire the step in selling your own work.