• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
Here's the question:

What is the origin of DaveWF's sigpic?

The first person to post the correct answer will receive a gift pack from me. Give me as much detail as you can. No biting, kicking, elbowing or kneeing in the groin. Good luck!

(Dave, if you know the answer PM me so you don't spoil it for everybody else.)

I'm going with a "drunkin' night he wishes never happened?" :thumbs:

JOE.M. said:
I'm going with a "drunkin' night he wishes never happened?" :thumbs:
Judges? Bzzzzzzt......sorry, thank you for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts out back.

hey PG,
i'm sure he means the monkey pic (or as joe says "the cheeky monkey"). the pic of him is his avatar not his sig pic. hope this helps.

and oh by the way i have no idea of the origin :D

ParaGod said:
Are you talking about the monkey or the ugly pic of him.
OH WOW! Those are two different pictures.....sorry, didn't realize. :lookup: I'm talking about the monkey in the sigpic, not the other monkey.

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST SICK!!! poor little monkey... :sneaky:

:sign:

Well, shoot I will go for it. The pic looks like it is from a behavioral research lab, and dave got it from another cigar forum, and he just kept it.

FatherTiresius said:
ParaGod said:
Are you talking about the monkey or the ugly pic of him.
OH WOW! Those are two different pictures.....sorry, didn't realize. :lookup: I'm talking about the monkey in the sigpic, not the other monkey.
So was I! :sign:

I'm not sure where Dave got it, but I'd bet it's somewhere on PET@'s website....

I'm guessin' that the monkey belongs to someone he knows/ or was his.
As part of a funny joke/idea they decided to put the real and not-so-real mokeys togeather and took some pics. He then loved it so much that he put it on as his avatar.

That or a PET@ escapee gone wild.

(I used to do something like that with a pet gerbil I owned a few years ago. You put some peanut butter on the steering wheel of a remote control car and when he goes to eat, slowly drive the car around! Great Fun.)

Okay another guess. Dave found the picture on either PETA's website and thought it was funny and then shared it on a cigar forum, or another forum member thought of Dave when they saw the picture, and posted it. :)

Dave's Bestiality home page?? :sign:

Speaking of PETA, have you guys seen this?

Ok, PG was on the right track with the research lab. I need more than that though. Here's a little bit of a hint: his sigpic is only a portion of the original picture. What was in the rest of the photo?

monkey.jpg

The root of the picture came from Harlow Primate Laboratory, Univ of Wisconsin, The research is trying to determine attachment between child and mother, It has to do with behavior growth, and how your psychological make-up is determined by how you where raised. Please don't make me study the research paper Here is the website for the research paper. You need pdf to see it.
Harlows Monkey

Ding ding ding.....we have a winner. PG, one Oedipal Mystery Box headed your way.

The researchers wanted to find out what was more important to a young monkey, food or comfort. So they made two wire monkey dummies. They put a baby's bottle full of milk on one and covered the other with terrycloth. Then they put the monkey in there with the dummies to see which one they went to. The monkeys preferred the comfy one even when they were hungry. In my opinion the research is a little flawed because they used a different head on the two models. The one on the cloth-covered one looks more like a monkey. The other one looks like Donald Duck or something from Mystery Science Theater 3000. I don't remember if they tried the experiment with the heads reversed or not. Somebody that read the paper can enlighten me.

WOOHOO So do I get the monkey :p . I always wanted to play with a monkey :sign: :sign: