• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolers to prefer/Coolers to avoid

Old thread, but today's experience made me want to weigh in.

Have 4 50+ qt. coolers, 2 Igloos and 2 Colemans. Shelves aren't an issue, since they all lie flat. The Colemans have separate hinges that are screwed into the lid and the body. The Igloos have plastic pins on the lid that snap into grooves on the body and serve as hinges.

After a year of use, it's apparent that the Coleman's lids fit tighter; you can feel the friction as the lids close, whereas the Igloos just sort of drop into place.

Next step is the Verona, if I can get a decent price on CBid! :D

I am making my first two igloodors..I was lucky emough to get two 54 qt igloo marine coolers for $17 dollars at one of our local boat and fishing stores..They seem to be the most well made cooler that i could find..It also has grooves in it that are great to use for putting in spanish cedar shelves..Having the spanish cedar cut up to line them with later this week as well as picking up the hygrometers and humitification systems..Am sure that there are many other brands of coolers that would work as well or maybe even better..Just think these are made perfect for my needs.

Scooby

I bought a 120qt igloo about a week ago and just finished installing the cedar shelves, i was looking everywhere for a 150qt but couldn't find any.
My igloo didn't come with any grooves built in so i got a little creative and made my own cedar rails and shelves.
I also made a wooden base for it so it's nice and stable
Now i'm waiting for my beads and digital hygro and i'm set.
Now all i need is to fill her up with premium........cigars that is.