• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

Triple_D

Triple_D
I have run out of room in my humidor and I'm shopping for the right coolidor. Would This One work? It doesn't have latches and that is what I was worried about.

coventrycat86 said:
I think it would work fine. The price is certainlly right :thumbs:
with shipping it's like $37. I'm hoping they are in stock at my local Wal Mart. If not you think it's still a good price? I haven't bought a cooler in a while so I'm not up to date with prices.

Looks like a good deal for the size. I kinda wish I'd started with a 70 gt. instead of the 54, maybe I'd only have two coolers now instead of 4. :sign:

The only thing is the "Extreme Cooler" designation means thicker walls and therefore probably smaller inside dimensions, >less storage space. Since insulation isn't the issue,
just the containment of moisture, I'd look for the same size but without the thicker insulation.

My .02. :D

That's a big cooler! Several people have told me to go with bigger So I'm going to shop around a little more. How many pounds of beads will I need in a cooler?

Check out Sam's Club. They have the big 150qt Igloo's for about $60 :)

I bought a 52qt marine (all white) cooler from Academy sports for $14 :D

I can't remember but it seems to me I got a 100 quart Coleman from WallyMart for less than $30.00.

A half pound of beads is all you need for coolers up to and probably even over 150 quarts.

I have 3/4 lbs of beads in my 300 count humi. Must be why it maintains so well ;) I'm off work tomorrow so I'll do a little shopping. I need to find some cedar boxes also or just do more box splits :p

Go with the biggest cooler you have room for, saves having to buy a second one for a bit. 1/2 a lb of beads will work, but the more you have the less often you have to add water. I have 1 lb of 70% in the long term coolerdor, 2 lb of 65% in the "other" one. As you can probably figure out I only add water half as often with the 2 lb.

Mike

lucasbuck said:
Check out Sam's Club. They have the big 150qt Igloo's for about $60 :)
Just picked up one yesterday for $58.53 plus tax, Man its big, had to strap it to the back of the car to get it home. Now to decide what to put in it , what I can afford or what I want :D

Hi Triple D
I bought my 120qt. Igloo cooler from Walmart about 1 month ago for about $40.

I went ahead and ordered a pound of beads 65%. I'll check out Wallyworld this week. Hope I have money left to fill er up :p

I bought mine from Sports Authority. A 54Qt. Igloo for $19.99. I like it because it has a good latch and hinges. It also has grooves so I can easily put shelves in it when it's turned upright.

Beads!? In the cooler? NAH! Just fill the thing up with cigars- a cooler is SOOO air tight, it will almost maintain 70% by it self. I have a small hockey puck type humidifier in mine, and I only add water to it about 3-4 times a year (if that). But the cooler is pretty much full to the brim.

I wouldn't get real worried about the RH in humi's or coolers... as long as your not getting wild RH swings, and the cigars are smoking the way YOU like them- its all good. Now, if you're going from 70% to 55%- be worried. :)

I wish I had bought a bigger cooler- Mines a 54qt, and its full.... But my wife would have killed me if I brought home anything larger than this- in fact, as I remember I slept on the couch a night or two after the 54qt :( :p

GOOD LUCK... remember to post some pics for us, empty and full! :)

ust fill the thing up with cigars- a cooler is SOOO air tight, it will almost maintain 70% by it self.

I wouldn't want that on a cooler I rarely opened, a little airflow helps a lot.