• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Could use some prayers today.

Bu11dog

It's never good when you are called in for a meeting. I could use some prayers for wisdom and guidance from above to help me make it through without very bad consequences.

Good luck.  

No whammy, no whammy, no whammy.... 

Light this! said:
Good luck brother but don't get so down maybe you're getting a raise.  ;)
That's kind of what I was hoping. Usually, when it's the opposite, I see them , and have participated in the out of the blue "Hey so and so... We need to meet with you upstairs in The HR office". Then they are seen leaving.
They never usually give advance warning. That's just cruel.

Prayers sent. If it was going to be bad news, I wouldn't think it would not be a surprise.

Keep in mind that the most important things in life are related to family, friends, health, etc. Don't get me wrong, most of us need work to eat and a big part of our self image is wiork related, but at the end of the day, you can always get through a work related issues and keep it a short term problem.

Again, I hope that all is well!

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. As only City govt can do I got a we will let you know.
Yes they are "that cruel" especially to someone like me who just can't help myself. I see things that need adressing and do it even though I know it will only end badly for me. I'm the eternal pessimist that still screams in my head that problems should be addressed not re-assigned or ignored.
I also don't take my sense of self from my work. I hat what I do and who I do it for. It provides me with health ins and more time off paid than anyone else I know or have met. Therefore it's good for my family. If someone puts that in jeopardy I get very, well, ugly and "inappropriate".
It appears that my job isn't in jeopardy but I'm sure that the other shoe will drop when "they" feel they have left me to twist in the wind long enough.

On a personal note it has occurred to me that I have been this way sense the beginning and I have never fit in anywhere I have been because I have a different view of, we'll I guess life.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Go love your family, wife, kids etc and thank them for all they are and do. My wife is amazing for putting up with a person like me who has a thicker file (personnel file) than pretty much everybody else because I can't keep from expressing my thoughts.

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. As only City govt can do I got a we will let you know.
Yes they are "that cruel" especially to someone like me who just can't help myself. I see things that need adressing and do it even though I know it will only end badly for me. I'm the eternal pessimist that still screams in my head that problems should be addressed not re-assigned or ignored.
I also don't take my sense of self from my work. I hat what I do and who I do it for. It provides me with health ins and more time off paid than anyone else I know or have met. Therefore it's good for my family. If someone puts that in jeopardy I get very, well, ugly and "inappropriate".
It appears that my job isn't in jeopardy but I'm sure that the other shoe will drop when "they" feel they have left me to twist in the wind long enough.

On a personal note it has occurred to me that I have been this way sense the beginning and I have never fit in anywhere I have been because I have a different view of, we'll I guess life.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Go love your family, wife, kids etc and thank them for all they are and do. My wife is amazing for putting up with a person like me who has a thicker file (personnel file) than pretty much everybody else because I can't keep from expressing my thoughts.

Haha....love you! Don't change! I have a close friend who's no different. He's a problem solver and foregoes the formalities of the chain of command and expresses his opinions in meetings that don't always sit well with others. But you can't argue with his logic! However, how you deliver the message certainly can alter how one is perceived. Too many passive individuals in govt happy with the status quo as long as long as it protects their bubble. Keep rocking 'em!

Frank

I didnt fit in with the county government job
I took back in 2007. Lasted about two years, and that was about a year and eight months too long. I went in with a business mindset and pissed everyone off from the go. If I had a dollar for every time I was told I needed to slow it down, and not rock the boat...... I never met such a group of backbiting, self preservationist in my life. I didn't like them, and they didn't like me.

Thanks guys. After almost 14yrs you think I would have figured out how to keep off the radar. Well clearly that's not true now that I just read what I typed. I know how to, I just choose to try and make a difference. I know it won't do any good but like my nickname/screen name reads I just go in and fight anyway. Every time I ask myself why! The kicker to this one is they brought 3 separate things at me, gave me no heads up so I could grab my own documentation to defend myself, then they tape record the "interview" so that when they catch you lying they can fire you. Well if I had my notes I could give exact info but off the top of my head, not so much. They still refuse to believe one of the items discussed even though they have zero evidence backing their side of it. It's just infuriating.