• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COVID-19 vaccine, you getting it?

Excited to get my second dose. I’ll remember this day in history like my grandparents remember the end of pandemics or the eradication of polio with vaccines.
One thing is for certain, if you were getting a second dose of the J&J vaccine, your historic day will have to wait...

Glad to see that they are pulling back on j&j like they have with astra Zeneca doses for the same reason. Seems like a science based decision based in data.

Glad to see that they are pulling back on j&j like they have with astra Zeneca doses for the same reason. Seems like a science based decision based in data.
Science based???? That is the point, IMO none of it is science based... If it was science based they would not need waivers signed and would not be giving to humans yet, until all the data is in... But if you don't mind being apart of an unproven scientific study, then who I'm I to stop you...

I’m not trying to be divisive. Just reasonable.

The pull back on j and j seems to be out of an abundance of caution right now. 1 in a million chance of this rare blood clot from what I saw this morning. But it will certainly fuel more disinformation.

I got the Pfizer and reading up on the technology behind it is really revolutionary.

I’m not trying to be divisive. Just reasonable.

The pull back on j and j seems to be out of an abundance of caution right now. 1 in a million chance of this rare blood clot from what I saw this morning. But it will certainly fuel more disinformation.

I got the Pfizer and reading up on the technology behind it is really revolutionary.
Just for the record I do not take anything you have said or anyone else as divisive... I hope that my posts have not come across in that way to anyone else, if so then consider this my apology, because that was not my intent. Just trying to share information... I look at it as opinions, some of which we agree and some we do not... I would still sit down with anyone of you and have a smoke, that I know we have in common...

I don’t think there is anything wrong with having a healthy debate with different opinions... it certainly is not political and allows for a greater understanding when “all” facts are laid out.

Also I would like to say one more thing, of course another opinion from me, but I think that not having dialogue from opposing views is part of the problem in today's world. I think everyone should know that everyone is not going to agree with you all the time and that is ok. You don't take your ball and go home or draw back into your corners, you try and understand where the person you disagree with is coming from and respectfully disagree... We are all different and that is what makes us great... I love this forum and I love all the contributing members!!! Except @kann F@%$ that guy!!! You knew that was coming Nick... :p

Also I would like to say one more thing, of course another opinion from me, but I think that not having dialogue from opposing views is part of the problem in today's world. I think everyone should know that everyone is not going to agree with you all the time and that is ok. You don't take your ball and go home or draw back into your corners, you try and understand where the person you disagree with is coming from and respectfully disagree... We are all different and that is what makes us great... I love this forum and I love all the contributing members!!! Except @kann F@%$ that guy!!! You knew that was coming Nick... :p
As unfortunate as it is, in today's world, if it is said, repeated, or written; and there is money involved in any way shape or form, you can pretty much bet it is somewhere between disinformation and flat out deceit. If it's in the media, it's damn near a guarantee.

And I have no problem if this thread gets shut down because it is just too easy for some to think their opinion is fact, while others opinions are just opinions. Which is why politics is best avoided.

I think it will be a good 4-5 years until we see the true extent of what these vaccines will do to our bodies

just ask yourself if there is any vaccine or any medicine that is 100% safe with 0 side effects

for me the logic was simple
I saw people get sick - saw a lot of them end up in hospitals - some died some recovered fully - some have recovered but have long term lung issues

apart from the side effects that a very small number of people experienced with vaccines I haven’t seen anyone get sick with Covid and end up in a hospital after the vaccine

I want to travel and interact with people so I decided to get vaccinated and let the cards fall where they will.

to me vaccination is a personal choice that everyone needs to make. There is no right or wrong choice. We all know the pluses and minuses we just decide based on personal preference/surcumstances etc

I just think it bears repeating that science gets replaced by better science and that the preceeding science was not corrupt in some manner, just not fully understood. The whole world is dealing with a new virus and science hasn't had the benefit of generations to study it. They've had a year or so.

My GF gets her 2nd shot today. I get my 2nd shot a week from today. My parents are fully vaccinated. I am happy about this.

I just think it bears repeating that science gets replaced by better science and that the preceeding science was not corrupt in some manner, just not fully understood. The whole world is dealing with a new virus and science hasn't had the benefit of generations to study it. They've had a year or so.

My GF gets her 2nd shot today. I get my 2nd shot a week from today. My parents are fully vaccinated. I am happy about this.
This is something you simply can't be sure of.

This is something you simply can't be sure of.
I get that you want to fight about it, but as Dan said, it’s a choice based on your life. You can’t be sure your burger from McDonald’s wasn’t cooked on a grill they wiped shit on first and didn’t clean it. You decide you want a burger and hope they are doing the right thing. You don’t know your pilot isnt drunk, you just trust they are doing the right thing. My wife can’t get COVID so I decided to get the shot. If you and your family members are healthy then don’t take the risk I did. Don’t start saying “you don’t know” until you look at the decisions you make every day and how those are effected by decisions that others are making.

The model A was built the best they could with the research and abilities they had... they weren’t corrupt, we can just do it better now... because we have over 100 years of learning.. unfortunately we don’t get that with covid so trust or don’t. But dont tell someone they made a decision based I. What you think is corrupt or not. Just say you are happy they got it for their situation.

I received the J&J vaccine. It is one shot so no second shot. I did not experience any side effects other than fatigue and the second day after feeling similar to how I feel when I am recovering from a cold. The current hold appears to affect women. One gap in American pharmaceutical research is the presumption that male and female biological systems are the same related to vaccinations which research has shown to be inaccurate. I am not troubled by the current issues with J&J. I do hope it is a temporary issue.

As for this thread, I believe it is important thread post as this is real, first hand infomation sharing as well as an opportunity to get different perspectives based on the knowledge and training of other members. I agree totally with the people not choosing to vaccinate and agree with suspect attitudes toward vaccination. I share those. However, I read the current situation as a cost/benefit of analysis. I had planned to get the J&J in October, but opted sooner. That said, here is why I chose to vaccinate.

1. I believe that to fly, sail on a cruise, and possibly report to an office not having the vaccine blocks this access.
2. I chose the J&J because mRNA troubles me.
3. I am also concerned that behavior in my area is way less cautious than this time last year. Less mask wearing, less distancing despite cases increasing. This is my opinion, and respecting those that disagree, having been vaccinated does cause me to believe I added a layer of defense against behavior of people who may expose me to the virus.
4. I do not believe the vaccine allows me to stop wearing a mask, social distance, or other means I adopted to minimize my exposure.
5. With no scientific basis whatsoever, I believe this virus will follow the course of the 1918 Spanish Flu.

I am looking forward to eating in a restaurant, going to a concert and taking a flight. I am in the midst of a job search, so if the vaccine gives me an edge I will take it.

I reiterate the personal value I find with this thread. Hearing the perspectives and experiences of Cigar Pass members is informative to me and I hope the thread continues. I believe this is what being part of an online community is about. If I only listen to opinions of those with whom I agree, it is unlikely I will learn as much.

And, my over the air TV signal is better after vaccination. Mobile phone service has not improved.

I get that you want to fight about it, but as Dan said, it’s a choice based on your life. You can’t be sure your burger from McDonald’s wasn’t cooked on a grill they wiped shit on first and didn’t clean it. You decide you want a burger and hope they are doing the right thing. You don’t know your pilot isnt drunk, you just trust they are doing the right thing. My wife can’t get COVID so I decided to get the shot. If you and your family members are healthy then don’t take the risk I did. Don’t start saying “you don’t know” until you look at the decisions you make every day and how those are effected by decisions that others are making.

The model A was built the best they could with the research and abilities they had... they weren’t corrupt, we can just do it better now... because we have over 100 years of learning.. unfortunately we don’t get that with covid so trust or don’t. But dont tell someone they made a decision based I. What you think is corrupt or not. Just say you are happy they got it for their situation.

Whoa...............I simply said you can't be sure it's not corrupt. No fight.....no right or wrong.

Now, you, telling me I am wrong, that's wrong;)