• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Advisory Council

Would you be open to a small group of advisors to help resolve disputes?

• Yes, and let them lock threads.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but no moderator permissions, only advisory functions.

• Maybe or not sure.

• No, bad idea!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vision of the council was not an aim at moderation. More of a group of people that someone could go and ask a question, post a grievance, and make recomendations on how to handle certain things before they get out of hand. I did put the places to vote for or against moderation up there though just to get a gauge of what people think.
By no means am I for strict moderation. But it seems like people would rather bicker openly instead of in PM's. The bickering is what gives certain members bad reps.
My primary goal of this post was not making the change, but to spur discussion and debate over how "effective" our self moderation has been of late. And to see if there are any other tools we would have available to make self moderation moreffective.
I am sure there are some members who take this post as a push to moderators. I can't change your thoughts, but I dont want misconceptions floating about that are unfounded either.

Emo

There is an informal system of this in place, Emo. I've been PM'd by newer members seeking advice for different "delicate" situations over the past few months. The newer members obviously read through my posts, and felt comfortable asking me questions about the "politics" of the board. I admire someone who would do that, rather than just jump into a thread and open up... I know other more senior members have had similar experiences.

I would think if someone were new to this board, they'd be wise enough to PM someone who seemed to understand the inner workings of the board with their questions. Kind of a "mentoring" thing. This seems to me to be the most logical thing to do.

But, having said that, I don't think any assclown would be inclined to do so. It seems to me most that have difficulty on the board don't take criticism very well. Remember, most are accused of having a "thin skin". It would seem they wouldn't be of the mind to seek out advice, when they're so close minded. An example, albeit extreme, would be Bill Clinton - do you HONESTLY think he'd be filling out forms, seeking advice, posing his questions to the council? I highly doubt it.

There are some members currently active on the board that are on the bubble for their opinions. So as not to cause a flame war, I won't mention their names. In the same regard as Billy (although not nearly as extreme) their thoughts are to "change things". From their posts it is clear they are of a single mind and purpose - similar to Bill Clinton. What they think should go, is what they feel should go, and they won't accept it any other way. They have received wise advice from senior members, yet they balk at it. The flaming and "bickering" that is going on with them continues because they continue to add BS to threads, despite the advice. For some odd reason, the common theme amongst them is things need to be changed around here... Thankfully, though, they are in a very small minority (although you wouldn't think so, based upon their interpretation of their support base)

Emo - I have PM'd some of those individuals and tried to explain it in a way that is not derogatory or mean spirited. They obviously don't accept my views. In one recent case - I was told he was doing the right thing because obviously Rod hadn't addressed the issue in the thread, so therefore, Rod was condoning and supporting what he was doing. And he was CLEARLY wrong. How do you get through to that individual? And I KNOW that person wouldn't have gone to the council for resolution - he felt he was right!

I like Ginseng's idea of making "mentors" available. However, I believe any new member who does what he should, would read the board - see who the stand up guys are - and would seek them out for advice. :thumbs:

Great King Rat said:
Rod, I do not want to take over anything, please lets not take my statements out of context. However, lets not be naïve either. I think we all realize that there are problems that need to be addressed. This constant bickering/ bating / ganging up / posting BS pictures needs to stop. It happens almost everyday at CP and I can forward you the posts. Very childish.

Obviously edmox must have felt and read posts that made him upset and he is trying to come up with a solution. I'm seeing fewer fogs posting at CP now. Why is that? I see them posting at other sites now. Hell, I'm even posting more on other sites now. I have lost some of the loyalty I felt few months ago. I would like to get that feeling back again.

I think the council idea can be used as tool to cut down on needless attacks by corrupt fogs.

Regards,
[snapback]277032[/snapback]​
ratnoclue.jpg

I dreamed last night that I WAS Rod. I logged on and looked at my board and saw all the nose pickers, the deviants, the spank happy’s, all the mutterers, the mouth breathers, the concentrating white knucklers, I saw the fat bastids, the pencil necks, the grasping low brows, the screamers and the moaners, I saw the bunglers, the barely conscious, the look at me’s and attention whores, I saw laughers and chucklers and titterers, there were squinters and wide eyed wanderers, I saw the ones with bad skin, bad breath and bad attitudes, I saw the nailbiters and wankers, the drunk ones and stoned ones, I saw the really angry men typing furiously, the really dull men typing with one finger and I spread my arms and smiled. “These are my people” I breathed.
I woke lathered in sweat with a throbbing headache, convinced that Rod is one really strange guy.

NA

SamClemmons said:
I dreamed last night that I WAS Rod. I logged on and looked at my board and saw all the nose pickers, the deviants, the spank happy’s, all the mutterers, the mouth breathers, the concentrating white knucklers, I saw the fat bastids, the pencil necks, the grasping low brows, the screamers and the moaners, I saw the bunglers, the barely conscious, the look at me’s and attention whores, I saw laughers and chucklers and titterers, there were squinters and wide eyed wanderers, I saw the ones with bad skin, bad breath and bad attitudes, I saw the nailbiters and wankers, the drunk ones and stoned ones, I saw the really angry men typing furiously, the really dull men typing with one finger and I spread my arms and smiled. “These are my people” I breathed.
I woke lathered in sweat with a throbbing headache, convinced that Rod is one really strange guy.

NA
[snapback]277568[/snapback]​
Bwahaha.... :laugh:

Yes, I propose a council of equals. I believe this council should be made up of members of the oppressed class. And it is not enough that this council should wield power over the former ruling class, but the former ruling class must also become oppressed, as otherwise they would retain certain advantages from their period of rule, such as reputation, a large inventory of cigars, etc. No, the council must oppress the bourgeois elite from the previous regime, and use the force of their rule to rapidly transition the board through this painful period of dictatorship, redistributing the cigars where necessary, and using the tools of propaganda to 'correct' the reputation of the old bourgeois where necessary.

This council will be a brief but necessary transition until the board itself controls the cigars, and the reputations, and all members will stand equal amongst one another, finally able to give from each according to ability, to each according to need.

For more information on my plan, please check here:
How to improve Cigar Pass in three easy steps

I voted NO because this place is my little get away and I don't want things to change.
As we all just seen, there are those members whom will talk back in the face of anyone who would dare tell them how things are going to be. ;)

Rich

kevpriest said:
Yes, I propose a council of equals. I believe this council should be made up of members of the oppressed class. And it is not enough that this council should wield power over the former ruling class, but the former ruling class must also become oppressed, as otherwise they would retain certain advantages from their period of rule, such as reputation, a large inventory of cigars, etc. No, the council must oppress the bourgeois elite from the previous regime, and use the force of their rule to rapidly transition the board through this painful period of dictatorship, redistributing the cigars where necessary, and using the tools of propaganda to 'correct' the reputation of the old bourgeois where necessary.

This council will be a brief but necessary transition until the board itself controls the cigars, and the reputations, and all members will stand equal amongst one another, finally able to give from each according to ability, to each according to need.

For more information on my plan, please check here:
How to improve Cigar Pass in three easy steps
[snapback]277590[/snapback]​

WTF is this??

I'm the only one who enforces new policies. This poll was NOT conducted by any staff of CigarPass.com. The opinions of Emo (thread/poll author) do not reflect those of CigarPass.com.

There will be no changes made to the way we do things around here. If a newbie is concerned about something, they are more than welcome to PM myself or another well established member.

Regards,
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.