• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Advisory Council

Would you be open to a small group of advisors to help resolve disputes?

• Yes, and let them lock threads.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but no moderator permissions, only advisory functions.

• Maybe or not sure.

• No, bad idea!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
emodx said:
- I am tired of the bickering.
- I am tired of the people w/ 6 months and 1000 posts being looked at as mentors.
- I am tired of FOG's being over zealous in jumping peoples ass.
- I am tired of people not seeing eye to eye. I am upset that when people don't see eye to eye, the only way to make things better is to appologize publically. Sometimes more than one person is wrong.
- I am upset that some FOGs and FNGs don't practice what they preach!!!
- I am upset that there a lot of BOTL's that no longer contribute because they think CP is a soap opera.
- I am upset that there are a lot of FNG's that don't contribute because of "peer presure" (for lack of better term).
- I feel things have beome too lax for FOG's and FNGs alike. There has to be something else out the besides Rod locking threads or banning users.

[snapback]276338[/snapback]​

I agree with everything you're saying above, Emo. If there was a "quick fix" to most or all of of it, I'd be for it 100%. It's a long row to hoe, though.

One of the great things about self-moderated forums is that they morph over time and adjust to the needs/desires of the current membership. Some of the guys who've been around for a while may long for the good old days and reminisce about how things used to be but, for the most part, the changes have already taken place. Some of them are good, while others are not.

I think Rod would have the only vote that counts on this. However, I do appreciate your efforts and thoughts about this. It shows an ownership mentality and an investment in the community.

A little more ownership and investment and less shooting from the hip would make CigarPass a better place.

JK

JimK said:
I think Rod would have the only vote that counts on this. However, I do appreciate your efforts and thoughts about this. It shows an ownership mentality and an investment in the community.

A little more ownership and investment and less shooting from the hip would make CigarPass a better place.

JK
[snapback]276545[/snapback]​
Excellent point!! Ya oughta try following your own advice every now and then since you have a propensity to shoot from the hip.....

Please respond if you don't know what I'm talking about as I will gladly give you the link. ;)

Some really good points brought up. I am looking at it from a long term perspective. I have a lot of time here, and I want to continue on here. I just feel as it is morphing away from a good hearted board, and I don't see it coming back to that with out a little nudge in the right direction. Regardless of the outcome, I do get a little something out of it. Open dialogue.

Emo

coventrycat86 said:
People with the "no one is going to tell ME what to do" mentality like Great King Rat, gtphale, and jefferoo won't take this "council's" advice so I see absolutely no use for this at all. This proposal is way too complicated and I think it's a very bad idea.

I personally like the "banning poll" system that is used on CigarSmokers. :thumbs:
[snapback]276509[/snapback]​

Kitty, why are you generalizing and using my name. I am sorry if I do not agree with your insanity.

I think the council is a good idea, however, the selected few posting on this thread are threatened by it.

The type of policing that most members are tired of will come to an end kitty. Before you know it the “no one is going to tell ME what do” people will take over.

Why would I want to listen to you as what to do? You are insane.

Do not bait me again and do not follow me around here or other cigar boards like you have done before.

Great King Rat said:
coventrycat86 said:
People with the "no one is going to tell ME what to do" mentality like Great King Rat, gtphale, and jefferoo won't take this "council's" advice so I see absolutely no use for this at all.  This proposal is way too complicated and I think it's a very bad idea.

I personally like the "banning poll" system that is used on CigarSmokers. :thumbs:
[snapback]276509[/snapback]​

Kitty, why are you generalizing and using my name. I am sorry if I do not agree with your insanity.

I think the council is a good idea, however, the selected few posting on this thread are threatened by it.

The type of policing that most members are tired of will come to an end kitty. Before you know it the “no one is going to tell ME what do” people will take over.

Why would I want to listen to you as what to do? You are insane.

Do not bait me again and do not follow me around here or other cigar boards like you have done before.
[snapback]276591[/snapback]​

LMAO!! No one is "baiting" you King Rat. And by the way, you should refrain from name calling, it's against board policy.

Your post here speaks for itself. ;)

Rod, filth like Great King Rat should have been banned long ago

I came back and voted no, bad idea.

There are some good intentions mixed in there with the angst, but this would not be a particularly constructive or effective solution.

As has been brought up in this thread, those who seek out guidance do so already because they listen to their conscience. Those who do not care would not in any case.

"Reading more and posting less" might not accomplish what you hope it should. Surely, it can provide some information about the place, but becoming a positive, contributing member can only come from practice, participation and interaction and all the missteps and successes that come from that unsteady path.

Wilkey

Great King Rat said:

So because I disagree with this idea, I am "threatened" by it?

It is a noble idea with good intentions, I just don't think it's going to work. Your whole "threatened" comment is ridiculous.

If you look at it, there are 17 definate no's, and 16 yes/maybes. Which I equate to half the people say leave things the way they are, and half say perhaps something needs to change.

Emo

I voted Maybe, I guess as long as the council isn't like the town elders in Footloose it should be ok.

emodx said:
If you look at it, there are 17 definate no's, and 16 yes/maybes. Which I equate to half the people say leave things the way they are, and half say perhaps something needs to change.

Emo
[snapback]276634[/snapback]​

LMAO!! No, the "maybes" don't count for or against change. :laugh:

At this moment it is:

6+2=8 FOR change
17 AGAINST change

This is TWO to ONE AGAINST your idea Emo. ;)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... Rod knows when to say when and does so according to what HE wants to do. It's his board, he has final say. Leave it alone and eventually it all works out. Do you think I'd have been here this long if it didn't???

Matt R said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... Rod knows when to say when and does so according to what HE wants to do. It's his board, he has final say. Leave it alone and eventually it all works out. Do you think I'd have been here this long if it didn't???
[snapback]276643[/snapback]​

:thumbs:

mrjinglesusa said:
Matt R said:
[snapback]276643[/snapback]​

[snapback]276662[/snapback]​

Well, I'll be damned, jingles and I agree on something. :0

coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]276665[/snapback]​

I'm sure you both agree that each other's a$$holes taste good too, but we don't care about it.... :D

As one of the FNG I don't like the idea. Last time I check I was an Adult. To steal some one else saying a bit.

Less typing and more thinking!

Come on. Asshats will be Asshats no matter what. I've been called on stuff and I simple reread what I posted. Most times I can pick out what I did wrong and If I can't then I just pm the person to point it out for me. Half of the time I say I'm sorry the other half it's being misinterpreted.

I have had to many run ins with Mod's who think they can't do any wrong.

The system works. When a person is called on it you find out how they handle things. Some have a meltdown, others own up, others blow up and then figure out what they did wrong and then own up. We are a COMMUNITY and will take care of ourselves.

Plus we already have a counsel. Rod, Bob, Rob, Fred and who ever else he is.

Edit: Trying to type in English.

Diesel Grinch said:
The system works. When a person is called on it you find out how they handle things. Some have a meltdown, others own up, others blow up and then figure out what they did wrong and then own up.
[snapback]276697[/snapback]​

A yet others get the priviledge of my using their profile pictures for things better not spoken aloud.....

Matt R said:
coventrycat86 said:

I'm sure you both agree that each other's a$$holes taste good too, but we don't care about it.... :D
[snapback]276677[/snapback]​

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I feel insulted. :0 :p You're a bad man........

Matt R said:
coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]276677[/snapback]​

Matt, between this thread and the Cigar Girl thread, you are in top form today.

JK

frequent masturbation keeps me on top of my game....

Status
Not open for further replies.