• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

I'm obviously too new to these forums to join a pass yet. However I will enjoy following this pass and be interested in purchasing a copy of the book / cd at the end. If you need any help working with a small run publisher I will gladly volunteer to help.

Are you going to pick a recipie theme (possible future pass idea?)? Grilling, sauces, soups?

I wish I had known about this sooner, I'd love to participate

Michael
You may want to consider letting Mike in...he has lots and lots of single malt scotch! ;)

Plus, he's a NJ brother that cooks :thumbs:

Well, I'm already busting at the seams, but if you two are close enough then perhaps you can have an excuse to herf and then it's not like the box is on the road any longer. I'm down with that if it would work out for you guys.

Looks like I'd better add a few more sticks to the starting line-up though...Any requests?

Well, I'm already busting at the seams, but if you two are close enough then perhaps you can have an excuse to herf and then it's not like the box is on the road any longer. I'm down with that if it would work out for you guys.

Looks like I'd better add a few more sticks to the starting line-up though...Any requests?

Totally up to you. I am just thinking about my favorite steak recipe right now. I am salivating

Ed

beer_17.jpg

Linky

Geez Rod, that was fricken fast! I was trying to add a reply then all of the sudden the pass was gone!

OK, I'm setting the order in stone, I'm printing out the final paperwork, I'm going to box this thing up and get it out the door tomorrow. I'll update the first post with the final details plus I'll be adding a couple cigars to the inventory.

And regarding some fun, I was thinking that besides my asking each participant to add a favorite recipe when it's their turn, we could also just have a few rounds of favorite recipes specific to certain types of cooking or certain categories. For instance "Favorite Grill Recipe" or "Favorite Dessert" or "Favorite Camping Food". This way we'll have a little more material to add to the CP Chef's Cookbook (or whatever we decide to call it) at the end.

And, oh yeah, Our First Contest!

What's your favorite cooking implement, appliance or whatever? Tell us what it is, why it rocks your world and of course pictures are super helpful! I'll see if I can't wrangle up a few judges to choose the winner and I'll send that person a little something.

Gotta think on that one for the contest. Andy do we need to post our recipes at the time we have the pass or can they be added at any time during the pass?

Geez Rod, that was fricken fast! I was trying to add a reply then all of the sudden the pass was gone!

OK, I'm setting the order in stone, I'm printing out the final paperwork, I'm going to box this thing up and get it out the door tomorrow. I'll update the first post with the final details plus I'll be adding a couple cigars to the inventory.

And regarding some fun, I was thinking that besides my asking each participant to add a favorite recipe when it's their turn, we could also just have a few rounds of favorite recipes specific to certain types of cooking or certain categories. For instance "Favorite Grill Recipe" or "Favorite Dessert" or "Favorite Camping Food". This way we'll have a little more material to add to the CP Chef's Cookbook (or whatever we decide to call it) at the end.

And, oh yeah, Our First Contest!

What's your favorite cooking implement, appliance or whatever? Tell us what it is, why it rocks your world and of course pictures are super helpful! I'll see if I can't wrangle up a few judges to choose the winner and I'll send that person a little something.

Without a doubt it would be the grill. Simple and to the point. What I can do with charcoal makes my guests mouth water. There is nothing better then going out on a summer day with a nice cold one, some watermelon, cigars and a large juicy porter house. When I go out an buy myself a house I will be getting one of these. It can cook using charcoal, propane or infrared. I'm hungry just thinking about

Edit to Add:

fuego-01-grill.jpg

http://fuegoliving.com/

I'll add my own favorite, which is really the most often used, and it's the grill. Despite being in the frigid northern wastes of MN, I will grill year-round. Heck, just two weeks ago I grilled a flank steak on the grill when it was -10 F. I feel the grill just gives me so many menu options, I can't imagine living without one! And once we move on and build a new house, I will most certainly be putting in an outdoor kitchen of sorts. Most likely including both a gas grill as well as a charcoal option (maybe a built-in Little Green Egg).

Everything is finalized in the first post, as well as a couple cigars added to get us up to 35 to start with. This is hitting the road tomorrow!

My favorite cooking implement? I'll give you guys two...my 13" chefs skillet and a fork.

I use my 'Everything Pan' for...everything...pretty much every day. I sauté garlic, onions, shallots & veggis...plus wilt greens. Fry various cutlets & fish fillets, brown different cuts of beef, braise chops & steaks, pan sear prime rib, veal & pork chops, grill chicken breasts & flank steak, make sauces, reductions, combine ingredients with different pastas to bring meals right to the table, stir fry every type of meat, veggi & seafood. For breakfast, omelettes, pancakes, fried & scrambled eggs, hash browns, grits, bacon & sausage....and sausage gravy. I even make corn bread and brownies in it. You name it, I do it with this pan...from stove top to oven to grill. I couldn't live without it.

As for the fork, that's the one utensil I use to flip, grab, beat, whip, add, remove, pick-up, transfer, stir and move stuff around with. I'm Italian, we use a fork for everything!

Here is my favorite thing in the kitchen:

French_press.jpg

I use this almost daily at home, but the reason it's my favorite is b/c I can take it to the office or to the in-laws or to the Bounday Waters for a week long camping trip. I can have great coffee anywhere.

My favorite, without a doubt:

IMG_0096.jpg

The spit. Because I know when we break it out, we're eating something goooooooood. Weather should be getting nice soon, too. Time to pull it out of my parent's shed and do a little maintenance to make sure it's in tip-top shape.

My favorite, without a doubt:

IMG_0096.jpg

The spit. Because I know when we break it out, we're eating something goooooooood. Weather should be getting nice soon, too. Time to pull it out of my parent's shed and do a little maintenance to make sure it's in tip-top shape.
WOW Tom! Can I come over next time?

Anyone ever used a La Caja China? I have been waiting for a reason to get one.

http://www.lacajachina.com
Yup....my brother and I bought one late last Summer and it's at his beach house. We've used it at their local block party to cook 12-15 chickens (with the optional inside grate), burgers and dogs, ribs, pork shoulder, and some brisket. We haven't attempted a pig yet, but will once the weather breaks....we're talking Memorial Day maybe. Nice piece of equipment....it looks awesome.

Anyone ever used a La Caja China? I have been waiting for a reason to get one.

http://www.lacajachina.com
Yup....my brother and I bought one late last Summer and it's at his beach house. We've used it at their local block party to cook 12-15 chickens (with the optional inside grate), burgers and dogs, ribs, pork shoulder, and some brisket. We haven't attempted a pig yet, but will once the weather breaks....we're talking Memorial Day maybe. Nice piece of equipment....it looks awesome.

Oh my goodness...they actaully sell a La Caja China CIGAR!!!

https://www.lacajachina.com/Articles.asp?ID=174

https://www.lacajachina.com/category_s/28.htm