• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

My favorite tool is my grills. I often have my charcoal and my weber genesis going at the same time during the summer. However, since that has already been said I will submit the Cuisinart food processor. The versatility of this device is amazing with all the attachments! It makes mixing sauces and dicing shit up a snap where it would otherwise take FOREVER.

cuisinart-mp14nu.jpg

Anyone ever used a La Caja China? I have been waiting for a reason to get one.

http://www.lacajachina.com
Yup....my brother and I bought one late last Summer and it's at his beach house. We've used it at their local block party to cook 12-15 chickens (with the optional inside grate), burgers and dogs, ribs, pork shoulder, and some brisket. We haven't attempted a pig yet, but will once the weather breaks....we're talking Memorial Day maybe. Nice piece of equipment....it looks awesome.

Oh my goodness...they actaully sell a La Caja China CIGAR!!!

https://www.lacajachina.com/Articles.asp?ID=174

https://www.lacajachina.com/category_s/28.htm
Yeah, the guy put one of each version in the order for us to try. When I called and placed the order, I mentioned I smoked cigars and he said to sample them. Actually, they weren't that bad...not something I would buy but something I would smoke....a bit pricey. It had a "Nicaraguan Light" kinda taste, both were torpedoes....pretty tasty, better than I expected. A little like the Casa Magna.

I guess maybe I am a little old fashioned but for me nothing beats a quality knife with a keen edge.

IMG_4435.jpg

Can I interject here for a moment and say the the starting line up of cigars looks TASTY!

Ok... bad joke... moving right along.

It's headed out the door right now.

0103 8555 7496 0798 9019

Just a note, the box I'm using is supposed to qualify as a USPS regular package, not a "large" package. The volume of the box is just barely under one cubic foot (12x12) which is their definition of a large package.

The final cigar list is on the first page where I will keep it updated. There is a paper copy in the pass that I would like everyone to update as it goes along as well. There's plenty of extra bags and a couple pens in there.

Also, please try to get your puts and takes up on the thread before the box gets to you so we can move this thing right along. I must say I am very impressed with the "New Hope" pass and how fast that thing is zipping around the country, and I think it's due to the pass host's diligence and that everyone has been getting p/t's approved before it hits their door.

Andy: do we have to post our recipe when we have the pass? I have something I want to make but it will be raining for a week so I might not be able to cook it/take pics for a couple of weeks.

Andy: do we have to post our recipe when we have the pass? I have something I want to make but it will be raining for a week so I might not be able to cook it/take pics for a couple of weeks.

I don't think a slight delay in getting your recipe w/pics up is the end of the world. :thumbs:

It's a tough choise between my wine glass and my garlic press....

I like using a marble slab for my garlic :)

All depends on the texture you are looking for. Smashing it will give you the same flavor but then you end up with a large piece that may not blend as well. But hey, if everyone loves garlic theres nothing wrong with big chunks.

I like using a marble slab for my garlic :)

All depends on the texture you are looking for. Smashing it will give you the same flavor but then you end up with a large piece that may not blend as well. But hey, if everyone loves garlic theres nothing wrong with big chunks.

Absolutely. I usually chop after the slab, but I do use the press when I need unified consistency. I am a huge fan of fried potatoes with garlic and dill

Ready on my end Gonz! I wont be able to post P's and T's until I get home on Sunday sometime.

Just wanted to say great idea for a Pass, and thanks for including me.

Bill

Everything looks good, and here are my proposed P's & T's.....

T: #12 Anejo 46 P: Opus xXx
T: #17 La Aurora Corojo #2 P: La Aurora Maduro #2
T: #32 Opus Perfection X P: Anejo 55

Let me know if these look good, and I will get it boxed up and on its way.

Bill

Bill

I'm not sure on these, the first p/t is great, those are equally rare in my book and the msrp on the xXx is $2 more than the Anejo. But the third p/t the msrp on the Anejo 55 is more than $2 less than the Perfecxion X.

What does everyone else think?

Bill

I'm not sure on these, the first p/t is great, those are equally rare in my book and the msrp on the xXx is $2 more than the Anejo. But the third p/t the msrp on the Anejo 55 is more than $2 less than the Perfecxion X.

I can ammend the third, no worries. I was looking at the Opus and Anejo reference in the Cigar Lounge, and got the price of the Perfection #5, instead of the Perfection X.

Stand by and I will ammend.

Geez Rod, that was fricken fast! I was trying to add a reply then all of the sudden the pass was gone!

OK, I'm setting the order in stone, I'm printing out the final paperwork, I'm going to box this thing up and get it out the door tomorrow. I'll update the first post with the final details plus I'll be adding a couple cigars to the inventory.

And regarding some fun, I was thinking that besides my asking each participant to add a favorite recipe when it's their turn, we could also just have a few rounds of favorite recipes specific to certain types of cooking or certain categories. For instance "Favorite Grill Recipe" or "Favorite Dessert" or "Favorite Camping Food". This way we'll have a little more material to add to the CP Chef's Cookbook (or whatever we decide to call it) at the end.

And, oh yeah, Our First Contest!

What's your favorite cooking implement, appliance or whatever? Tell us what it is, why it rocks your world and of course pictures are super helpful! I'll see if I can't wrangle up a few judges to choose the winner and I'll send that person a little something.

My favorite kitchen tool is the meat injector. I love this thing. I loud it up will all types of juices and marinades and really add good flavor to my meets before before going on the grill or even in the oven.

Bill

I can ammend the third, no worries. I was looking at the Opus and Anejo reference in the Cigar Lounge, and got the price of the Perfection #5, instead of the Perfection X.

Stand by and I will ammend.

Let me know what you think. I am not sure on the rarity, but T: #32 Perfection X P: DC Maximus #3.

Bill

I'm really having a hard time deciding on one thing in particular that's a favorite appliance/kitchen utensil as I use pretty much everything in the kitchen at some point. There's a couple of pans I tend to use more than others. I have a fairly inexpensive knife (Farberware) that I keep razor sharp and use for all my cutting/chopping etc. Hmmm...I guess I'll just say my crock pot as I use it quite often for stews/roasts and such. Just throw in some stuff, turn it on, and come back about six to eight hours later and some mighty fine vittles is a waitin'! :D Of course, there's the pressure cooker too, and oh...the Fry Daddy....and.....

:laugh: