• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

Ok I just made a Thai crab curry coconut soup that my wife says is her favorite thing I have ever made. I took a pic of my bowl and will post the recipe later on. Still got plans for my real recipe for later

And, oh yeah, Our First Contest!

What's your favorite cooking implement, appliance or whatever?

housewifeke8.jpg

Self-explanatory.

:sign:

Everything looks good, and here are my proposed P's & T's.....

T: #12 Anejo 46 P: Opus xXx
T: #17 La Aurora Corojo #2 P: La Aurora Maduro #2
T: #32 Opus Perfection X P: Anejo 55

Let me know if these look good, and I will get it boxed up and on its way.

Bill

I'm not sure on these, the first p/t is great, those are equally rare in my book and the msrp on the xXx is $2 more than the Anejo. But the third p/t the msrp on the Anejo 55 is more than $2 less than the Perfecxion X.

What does everyone else think?

I can ammend the third, no worries. I was looking at the Opus and Anejo reference in the Cigar Lounge, and got the price of the Perfection #5, instead of the Perfection X.

Stand by and I will ammend.

Let me know what you think. I am not sure on the rarity, but T: #32 Perfection X P: DC Maximus #3.

Bill

I think these look great!

Now let's see some cooking!

Done deal.

T: #12 Anejo 46 P: Opus xXx
T: #17 La Aurora Corojo #2 P: La Aurora Preferido Maduro #2
T: #32 Opus Perfection X P: DC Maximus #3

Phil, Hope your ready Bro, its on the way!

DC# 0503 8555 7490 8109 8845

Bill

Excellent! Looking forward to it Bill, guess I will start eyeballing p/t.

Ok here is my first recipe for the pass. I have never made soup before from scratch really until Sunday night and my wife said it was the best meal I have ever cooked for her so I figured I would share.

Coconut Curry Soup with Crab and Prawns

Well the other night I made steak oscar for Valentine's day and had about half a pound of fresh crab meat left over. My wife was sick so I figured I would make a soup! For some reason a curry soup just seemed right for the crab and I happened to have some tiger prawns on hand as well. So here is what I did and what you will need:

1/2 lb crab
1/2 lb tiger prawns
2 sticks lemongrass (cut thin)
3 cloves garlic (diced)
ginger (2 2inch slivers)
1 bunch basil (finely chopped)
about 1/4 cup fish sauce
1 serrano chile pepper sliced (can go with Thai chiles or lantern chiles if you can find them and can handle the heat)
Red Thai curry paste/sauce to taste (at least 2 tbsp)
lime juice (1 tbsp)
2 cans coconut milk,
~32oz chicken broth
chives (garnish)

For shrimp: You can go the easy route and buy some sort of asian glaze from the store or just mix some hoison, honey, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) and Sriracha to taste. You just need enough to lightly glaze the shrimp.

I cooked the shrimp and the soup simultaneously to keep everything fresh so I will go off memory based on the assumption you will do the same. Coat 2 pans with penut oil (maybe 2-3 teaspoons each) and heat both to med-high. While the pans are heating up dice up your ingredients as indicated above,

Peel and de-vein your shrimp then brush them with a little penut oil and shake just a bit of salt and pepper on each side. Put them in the pan and barely coat with your glaze (or you can honestly just let them cook in the oil with maybe a little soy sauce). I give them about 3-4 minutes per side but YMMV based on your stove so just cook them until appropriately pink. Set aside when done.

At the same time as the shrimp are cooking you can let the base flavors of the soup start evolving. Toss the basil, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, pepper and curry powder/sauce (use what is available to you)

Create a spicy tso glaze for the prawns and saute until barely cooked through, set aside.
Dice the garlic and basil. Slice lemongrass (pondering methods for managing this). Slice ginger and saute all with curry paste to simmer for ~7-8 min over medium -high heat. Saute for about 7-8 minutes then turn the heat to medium.

Add chicken broth and prawns and simmer for 8 minutes just below a boil. If you do this right it won't be so hot as to fubar your prawns but it will get all the flavors working together quite nicely. Add in 2/3 of crab and coconut milk and stir to mix. Let simmer until hot and serve immediately. Top with remaining crab in the bowls and chives on top. Serve with a side of sticky rice and spring rolls.

gallery_3595_288_145632.jpg

The pass has arrived! I will try to break into it tonight and QA everything then get some P/T up for review, but it might be tomorrow since I am pretty well fubar from some sort of cosmic hatred on my shoulder and neck.

Just gave it a look through, packing looks fine and the water pillows are up to par. #1 (AVO 22) is looking a bit frazzled, I don't think it will fare well with much travel. There is a crack in the foot and wrapper flaking off around the foot noticeably. Still very much smokable and in decent shape but I think travel will destroy it. LMK what ya want me to do Andy.

Can someone tell me what the Monte Sublimes are running right now?

Ok here are my proposals:

Takes:

20 Opus X Chili Pepper
25 Partagas Short

Puts:

39) GoF Carlito Pyramid (humi)
40) RyJ Short Churchill (08)
41) Padron 1926 #35 natural
42) SLR A 01

LMK, I will be seeing elittle tonight for the handoff and can make changes after that if necessary as well. I also have my recipe ready, we had a day of sun and I broke out the grill. Where am I supposed to post/send it and the pics?

Those look fine and dandy to me! You can go ahead and post your recipe and pictures here on the thread, then depending on how fancy we decide to get with the cookbook or CD, I'll ask everyone later to send me the pics via email if I need them. I can cut and paste recipes from here to whatever format I use later on.

And bummer about the 22. I will try to arrange swapping that one out with another one, with one of the next couple passers.

Evan now has the pass, thanks for having me Andy this is a really cool idea for a pass! I will get my pass recipe up tonight or tomorrow.

As an FYI the Boris 11 is experiencing the same problem as the 22 but worse. I didn't notice it the first time but the foot is pretty torn up.

I have the pass now. I can post puts and takes tomorrow and then get this shipped out on tuesday. :)

Well, it's getting to be that time of year, when the days get above freezing and the nights get in the 20's. So here's a recipie for those of you looking to get rid of last years crop to make room for the new. :rolleyes:

SUGAR ON SNOW

This delicacy has been a traditional spring-time favorite at sugar houses and sugar camps for over 200 years. In some areas of the maple region, it is also known as "leather aprons" or "leather britches", due to its chewy, leathery consistency. Here in New England we know it as sugar-on-snow. A real New England Sugar Eat can easily be prepared at home.

Ingredients: Maple Syrup, Pan of snow, (the clean, white kind) Sour pickles, (without garlic, you flatlanders) and plain raised doughnuts. You can use reg. doughnuts if you don't have conections.

Heat maple syrup to 22 to 28 degrees F. above the boiling point of water. Usually heating to about 234 degrees will do the job. A higher heat will make a stiffer product. As soon as the syrup reaches the proper temperature, it is poured or drizzled immediately, without stirring, over packed snow or shaved ice. Because it cools so rapidly, the supersaturated solution does not have a chance to crystallize. It will form a thin glassy, chewy, taffy-like sheet over the snow. Twirl it up with a fork and enjoy! Traditionally it's served with sour pickles to cut the sweetness, and plain raised doughnuts.

Doc, The Sugarbush Gnome.

Ok, here are the puts and takes I'm thinking about:

T: #21, Padron 1964 Diplomatico Maduro P: OpusX Reserva D'Chateau from 2006
T: #26, Punch Corona P: Bolivar Petite Corona from 99 (box code UE CC DDE)
T: #31, Tatuaje Noella Reserva P: Casa Fuente Corona Gorda from 2008

Let me know if these look ok to everyone. Thanks!

Ok, edited put for the punch corona.

Ok, here are the puts and takes I'm thinking about:

T: #21, Padron 1964 Diplomatico Maduro P: OpusX Reserva D'Chateau from 2006
T: #26, Punch Corona P: Bolivar Royal Corona from 08
T: #31, Tatuaje Noella Reserva P: Casa Fuente Corona Gorda from 2008

Let me know if these look ok to everyone. Thanks!

Looks good to me, except I wanted the Tat. No worries. Glad to see this moving.