• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

I agree Doc, family first. My prayers are with you and yours.

Doc,

Prayers sent for you and your wife. If you feel comfortable sharing, please keep us updated here.

Mike

I hope everything works out well for you and your wife Doc.

Gentlemen, much to my regret, I'm going to have to bow out of this pass. My wife's latest physical turned up some elevated blood values that will require my attention for the next several weeks. I can't be sure I'll be home to accept the pass etc. etc., and to be perfectly honest, my head's just not in the game. Thank you for your understanding.

Doc.

Good evening all

The box is about to arrive at Gary's (Ironpeddler), and I'll be meeting up with him, so here are my proposed puts/takes:

Take - #47 Fuente BTL.................Put - #76 A.F. Hemingway Classic Maduro
Take - #16 Fuente WOAM.............Put - #77 Opus X "Power Ranger"
Take - #51 Fuente UTS.................Put - #78 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale
Put - #79 A.F. Hemingway Signature Maduro

Please let me know if these are acceptable.

Michael

Good evening all

The box is about to arrive at Gary's (Ironpeddler), and I'll be meeting up with him, so here are my proposed puts/takes:

Michael

There's a pretty big price difference in that top one.

Good evening all

Michael

Funny thing happened this last Saturday at the Philly Herf. Mike (northernmoris) walked into Holts and they had a box of BTLs sitting on the shelf that he bought and we split up at the Herf. I went back downstairs (from Mahoganys Cigar Bar next door) to see if they had any Hemi Classic Maduros and the guy rolled his eyes saying "every once in a while, we may get some in a few weeks."

I never thought I would see the day when it was easier to get BTLs instead of Classic Maduros. :laugh:

Good evening all

Michael

Funny thing happened this last Saturday at the Philly Herf. Mike (northernmoris) walked into Holts and they had a box of BTLs sitting on the shelf that he bought and we split up at the Herf. I went back downstairs (from Mahoganys Cigar Bar next door) to see if they had any Hemi Classic Maduros and the guy rolled his eyes saying "every once in a while, we may get some in a few weeks."

I never thought I would see the day when it was easier to get BTLs instead of Classic Maduros. :laugh:

An UTS is even harder to find. ;)

Good evening all

Michael

An UTS is even harder to find. ;)
Gary...they had UTS available!....go figure.

PS: Guys, my mailman just came and I still haven't received the Pass. It's been six days and it was only coming from Philly.

USPS DC# 420 08723 9101 0385 5574 9703 8312 29 from Marco

Good evening all

Michael

I think the first one is a no-go, there's a big price difference in those two; $13ish for the BTL, $7-8ish for the Classic.

I'm ok with the third one. My thoughts are that there's a couple dollar difference in those two, with the Davidoff retailing for $14+, msrp is actually $15ish. And while all the maduro Hemingways hold a certain rarity, the UTS's have been more available lately from my observations.

Any other thoughts?

Guys, I just punched the DC number Marco sent me into the USPS website and the package didn't come to me in Brick, NJ.

Track & Confirm

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 4200 8723 9101 0385 5574 9703 8312 29

Your item was accepted at 4:23 PM on April 20, 2009 in HORSHAM, PA 19044. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Marco, what address did you use to get this to me? The one in my profile?

Guys, I just punched the numbers Marco sent me into the USPS website and the package didn't come to me in Brick, NJ.

Track & Confirm

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 4200 8723 9101 0385 5574 9703 8312 29

Your item was accepted at 4:23 PM on April 20, 2009 in HORSHAM, PA 19044. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Marco, what address did you use to get this to me? The one in my profile?
Pirates???

I believe that means it was dropped off at the post office today at 4:23. Marco, is that right?

It's on the way, you should have it quite soon.

I believe that means it was dropped off at the post office today at 4:23. Marco, is that right?
The original message at USPS said they were 'Electronically Notified' on the 14th and I was under the impression Marco dropped it off the next day to the Post Office because he said it was on it's way on the 16th.

I'm leaving for Boston on Thursday for 5 days...Red Sox/Yankees in Fenway. :thumbs:

Your item was processed and left our SWEDESBORO, NJ 08085 facility on April 21, 2009

Horsham's the other side of town from me, like a hour's drive across Center City. I've had packages go Swarthmore-Horsham-Swedesboro before (once) rather than Swarthmore-Philadelphia, so I'm a little concerned but not especially so.

Edit: looked it up, there's a fairly new processing and distribution plant in Horsham.

Let me know when it arrives - email direct or call if there are any further issues. I'm not on CP enough to catch an urgent message, and a pass getting lost is definitely an urgent message.

Here is my first recipe submission, we love these burgers. I just copied it from a website, but it's the same one we use.

Ingredients

* 3 hamburger buns
* 1 lb. hamburger
* 1/2 c. shredded Gouda cheese
* 2 - 3 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
* salt (optional)
* black pepper (optional)

Directions

1. Pre-heat your favorite grill. Gas grills should be set to Medium-High. Charcoal should have an even layer of hot coals spread across the bottom.
2. Divide the 1 lb. of hamburger into six equal-sized patties. Set three of the patties aside to be used later.
3. Place some of the Gouda and bacon in the center of three of the patties. Note - do not over-fill the burgers, or they will burst at the seams.
4. Take the 3 left-over patties, and place on top of the three you have been working with. Fold/press the edges together, to form one burger.
5. Season both sides with salt and pepper to your own taste.
6. Grill until well-done (approximately 5-7 minutes per side).
7. Place any remaining Gouda on top of the burgers two minutes before taking them off the grill.
8. Serve on a bun with your favorite hamburger condiments.

This is the second of my 'quicky' recipes. It's become a tradition that when my son comes home from college for a visit or break, I make him his favorite meal....a steak dinner at home. He had his Spring Break 3 weeks before Easter, so for the Holiday weekend he wanted to hang out on campus and come home just to spend Easter Sunday with us....arriving home late on Saturday.

Well, I didn't really prepare anything special for Saturdays dinner because of this and had a few guys over to have a few beers and smoke a few cigars....but at the last minute (4:30PM, typical) my kid decided to come home for a late dinner on that Saturday night! I saw that Prime Rib, second cut Angus, was on sale for $4.99 a pound and ran out to grab one to whip together a quick beef dinner.

Menu...

7 1/2lb Prime Rib, 3 rib
2lbs fresh asparagus
1lb sliced baby portabello mushrooms
2 bags Ore Ida Steam n' Mash Garlic Potatoes

I had to run home with the Prime Rib and get it in the oven ASAP without a ton of prep. I got out some Montreal Steak Seasoning, some baking flour, and the rinsed & dried prime rib...do not coat in olive oil!

GettingReady.jpg

I mix together the Montreal seasoning with the flour at about a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio...I think :laugh: You want more seasoning to flour...wing it.

CoatingMixture.jpg

You want the Prime rib at room temperature to achieve this coating properly, place the ends in the coating mixture first and then roll it along the back to evenly coat the whole prime rib...use your fingers to shove the mixture on to every part of the surface...it's OK to have some of this dry mixture left over, we're going to use it for 'quicky' gravy.

ReadytoSear.jpg

At this point I have my Everything pan heating up at medium heat with about 1/3 of a cup of light olive oil getting ready to sear the roast. You don't want the pan too hot, you just want to slowly sear the meat...start pre-heating your oven to 325 degrees now

Start with the ends...3-4 minutes on each

Searing1.jpg

When you do the back, fat side, you have to hold it with a fork to achieve an even searing...

Searing2.jpg

In 10-12 minutes you have a nicely seared roast....

SearedPrimeRib.jpg

Get out your roasting rack and a pan. I then heat 4 cups of water with 4 beef bullion cubes in it. When that's hot, put the bullion into the bottom of the pan and add the rack with your prime rib and place on the middle rack of your pre-heated over until you reach an internal temp of about 135 or 140 (2 1/2 hours)...we like it pink, so cook longer to your taste.

PrimeRibReadytoCook.jpg

Now that I have the prime rib in the oven, I could relax with my ball busting friends.

About 45 minutes before the meat was to be ready, I prepared the asparagus...nothing crazy. I snapped them up, a little salt and pepper, squeezed a lemon over them, then sliced the lemon and placed it on top. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes and then cook 15 minutes uncovered.

AsparagusPrep.jpg

Next, in my Everything pan, I put some olive oil, 2-3 tbs of butter, fresh cracked pepper, and a little red pepper flakes over medium high heat until it shimmers....put in your mushrooms...toss around a little, add some dried rosemary and saute until tender.

SautedMushrooms.jpg

Now I put the 2 bags of Steam n' Mash potatoes in the microwave and get them hot and ready to prepare.

FrozenMashed.jpg

Continued on the next post......