• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL2 2008

MTovarez

Michael
Commish:
Yard Gars

Players:
Fightin' Whities
Robustos
Stash
Aeroscotts
Black Pearls
Blood Thirsty OJs #2
CT Big Dawgs
Yard Gars

Discussion:
1. 1st gets 3 sticks, 2nd gets 2 sticks, and 3rd gets 1 stick from everyone else?
2. Autodraft...when?
3. How many teams will go to playoffs? (4?)

If you don't mind...post your CP board name and your player name so we know who we're talking to. (Stash - MTovarez)

-MT

Doc Wylie - owner/GM/Head Coach of the Robustos - checking in!

1. I'm fine with the proposed prizes.
2. Autodraft can happen anytime within one or two weeks of the opening game.
3. Playoffs - 4 teams seems logical for the championship. As I recall from Fox Fantasy in the past I think they throw the non-championship teams into a "consolation" tournament to determine 5th thru 8th placed. How about a token prize for the consolation winner (cigar related but not a stick)? I'll even donate it.

CT Big Dawgs here...

Scoring should also be addressed. What kind of league do we want PPR? IDP? Qb Heavy? I am open for suggestions.

Black Pearls here.

I've already made a few suggestions.

See the message board on Yahoo.

Gary

Yard gars here

OK I set everything up.
Points players etc.... DONE

Here is the payola

I think each player should send something

so here goes

5 sticks to first
4 sticks to second
3 sticks to third.

If you are first, second, or third you send a special something to last. Either a cigar or a cigar related goody. (NO BUTTS!) :sign:

Each player should put up their 12 sticks now.
I will place mine in a special section of my humi so they can be rested and ready for their respected journey at the end of the season.

I will be looking forward to some great smokes for the playoffs and the Superbowl from you chumps :sign:

Aeroscotts here -(no prize for originality I guess) :laugh: :blush:

Prizes are acceptable to me!
looks like the draft is on the 15th!
Good Luck everyone :whistling:

Blood Thirsty OJ's here....so we are talking 12 sticks? Of any variety? I'm lucky to have 12 sticks at one time lol. Just seems like a lot of ends to put out, especially in a autodraft league (I prefer the live draft myself).

Anyways, seems slighty steep to me, but if everyone else is ok with it then I guess I am.

As I stated in the other thread, I've been too busy at work to discuss much of anything lately. To be honest, my feeling is that the scoring is messed up and needs to be addressed. If you want to leave it as is thats fine, I'm not going to say I'll be in and then bow out...not how I roll.

My concerns are basically centered around the "highness" of the scoring as well as that we only have 8 teams. In a 12 team league, players get thin pretty quick. High scoring, while I don't care for it (personal preference) is ok in a league like that, because no team is really going to be stacked. In a 10 team league it gets a bit more dicey, most of it depends on the drafting ability of the owners. In a 8 team league, you basically have 8 premier teams. Or you should, and thats hard to score properly imho. Its been a while for me in a small league, so I really couldn't tell you if higher scoring is better than lower or vice versa.

I would rather see a smaller scoring scale with larger bonus's for those achieving milestones. 300 passing yards isn't a milestone to me, but 400 yards would be. Same goes for 150 rushing yards. But 200 rushing yards would be a milestone, just like 150 receiving yards would be.

At any rate, its probably too late to change anything now. I'm just throwing it out there, because I have knowledge in the area (lol).

The original prize layout was 3-2-1 to 1-2-3. That was only 6 sticks total to pay out by the bottom 5 finishers. I don't remember discussing anything else. Maybe I just missed it. Either or anything in between suits me as long as there is something on the line. It just makes for more fun in the league.

As for enhancing the scoring, I haven't played enough of these to be able to contribute much to this discussion. You guys who know are welcome to adjust the scoring as you like. The way I see it, once it is set, we all have to play by the same system.

Everything else looks good to me.

Well, I'm off to bed, but I will say that I really am open to anything. I've been co-commish in a dynasty money league for the last 10 years or longer (I can't remember lol) so that gets in the way sometime because of how we do things. I just wanna make it fun for all. If we wanna make changes, cool...if not...cool. :)

The 12 stick thing was related to btb's post above.

Here is the payola

I think each player should send something

so here goes

5 sticks to first
4 sticks to second
3 sticks to third.

If you are first, second, or third you send a special something to last. Either a cigar or a cigar related goody. (NO BUTTS!) :sign:

Each player should put up their 12 sticks now.

Er...I really wasn't thinking of setting 12 sticks on the line. Are you sure we can't go with 6 total?

We can go with 6.

3 to first 2 to second 1 to third

The first place sends a consolation to last. Be it a stick or another cigar related accessory

Any more thoughts from anyone else about points?

TPC has valid opinions

I want everyone happy if possible

Just for fun, I will outline my main leagues point system. We use fractional points, so for this I will convert to a regular point scoring system. We eliminated regualr points and went to fractional points last year so as to eliminate ties in the league.

Personally, I don't mind ties, but we like to try and emulate the NFL to a certain extent and the collective voted, so we went fractional. Anyways, here goes....

Passing Yards = 1 point per 45 yards Plus a 2 point bonus at 300 yards

Passing TD's = 4 points

Passing 2 point Conversion = 2 points

Rushing Yards = 1 point per 15 yards

Rushing TD's = 6 points

Rushing 2 point Conversion = 2 points

Receiving Yards = 1 point per 15 yards Plus 3 point bonus at 100 yards

Receiving TD's = 6 points

Receiving 2 point Conversion = 2 points

Individual Kick Return TD's = 6 points

Individual Punt Return TD's = 6 points

Field Goals = 3 points Plus 1 point for 40-49 yards, Plus 2 points for 50+ yards

Team Defenses Only Scored as follows:

Sacks, Interceptions, and Fumbles Recovered = 1 point each

Defensive and Special Teams TD's = 6 points

Safetys = 5 points

Shutout = 10 pts

2 - 6 Points Allowed = 3 points

7 - 13 Points Allowed = 2 points

14 - 17 Points Allowed = 1 point

> 17 Points Allowed = 0 points

The above system is based on all players, so QB, RB, WR and TE's all accrue points whether the run, pass, or receive.

Now I am in no way suggesting we adopt this system. We can if you all want, or we can make additions to it, subtractions from it or changes to it wholly. Or not use it at all...its merely an example. I will post again shortly with the top ten players and their point totals for last year using this system as an example.

Quarterbacks

Tom Brady = 356 points

Tony Romo = 257 points

Peyton Manning = 233 points

Ben Roethlisberger = 224 points

Derek Anderson = 223 points

Drew Brees = 218 points

Matt Hasselbeck = 205 points

Brett Farve = 203 points

Carson Palmer = 195 points

Kurt Warner = 189 points

Running Backs

LaDainian Tomlinson = 240 points

Brian Westbrook = 210 points

Joseph Addai = 186 points

Adrian Peterson = 183 points

Clinton Portis = 178 points

Jamal Lewis = 167 points

Marion Barber = 153 points

Willis McGahee = 142 points

Earnest Graham = 140 points

Maurice Jones-Drew = 137 points

Wide Receivers / Tight ends

Randy Moss = 236 points

Braylon Edwards = 181 points

Terrell Owens = 179 points

Reggie Wayne = 159 points

Larry Fitzgerald = 153 points

T.J. Houshmandzadeh = 147 points

Marques Colston = 145 points

Chad Johnson = 145 points

Plaxico Burress = 139 points

Greg Jennings = 132 points

Kickers

Mason Crosby = 156 points

Rob Bironas = 150 points

Nick Folk = 142 points

Josh Brown = 141 points

Stephen Gostkowski = 140 points

Jason Hanson = 139 points

Robbie Gould = 138 points

Shayne Graham = 136 points

Kris Brown = 132 points

Phil Dawson = 129 points

Team Defenses

Chargers = 151 points

Patriots = 139 points

Vikings = 135 points

Bears = 131 points

Seahawks = 123 points

Giants = 116 points

Cardinals = 110 points

Colts = 109 points

Cowboys = 108 points

Packers = 108 points

Top Ten Overall

QB - Tom Brady = 356 points

QB - Tony Romo = 257 points

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson = 240 points

WR - Randy Moss = 236 points

QB - Peyton Manning = 233 points

QB - Ben Roethlisberger = 224 points

QB - Derek Anderson = 223 points

QB - Drew Brees = 218 points

RB - Brian Westbrook = 210 points

QB - Matt Hasselbeck = 205 points

Ok, so thats what we had last year, but that does include the playoffs which I didn't have time to calculate and remove. So some of those guys have extra points from being in playoff games and some don't. I think we score QB's pretty moderately compared to other leagues, but as you can see most of the top ten was QB's. RB's are also more in the top ten than WR/TE's but we weight them higher than WR/TE's because we start 3 WR/TE's and 2 RB's or 1 RB and 4 WR/TE's. Thats also why there is a receiving bonus, and not a rushing bonus.

Defenses and Kickers are scored lower because while its great to have the best of those 2 positions, we determined in this league we didn't want them to really control the outcome of the fantasy games. For instance, when we first started the league, defenses were 9 of the top 10 scorers. So what happened was you could have a whole team get beat almost soley by the points from his opponents defense.

We can go with 6.

3 to first 2 to second 1 to third

The first place sends a consolation to last. Be it a stick or another cigar related accessory

Any more thoughts from anyone else about points?

TPC has valid opinions

I want everyone happy if possible

6 sounds better to me, distribution is OK too. I don't care how you award points as I usually suck in fantasy football anyway regardless of the system! :laugh:

6 sounds better to me, distribution is OK too. I don't care how you award points as I usually suck in fantasy football anyway regardless of the system! :laugh:

SANDBAGGER!!

:laugh:

OK prizes are set.
TPC I like some of the stuff you put up.

I have been a little busy with work but I will FINALIZE shit this weekend

Remember draft on the 15th of August

I finally made a post on the message board lol....any changes you want to discuss here though?

OK prizes are set.
TPC I like some of the stuff you put up.

I have been a little busy with work but I will FINALIZE shit this weekend

Remember draft on the 15th of August

Sorry. Missed this earlier. I inquired about the draft on the league message center just a little while ago.

Why so early on the draft? That's over two weeks before the season starts.

Just Curious.

I got a yahoo message about whether its going to be a auto draft or live draft. I've always preferred live, so anytime after 6pm est on the 15th would work. Auto is fine as well...and easier to coordinate.