• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 4

OK, I'm doing some research as the pass is on its way to me. I can't find much on the Oliva MB2, since it hasn't been made for a while, and it doesn't say what size it is. The closest I've found is an average of about $10, but that sounds a little low. Also I don't know current Anejo prices, Vitolas prices are a couple years old, unless we're using them. Thanks guys!

There's a small amount of info on Cigarcyclopedia for MB2. Robusto $7.20, Torpedo $9.75, churchill $8.42. This is without researching any online stores (don't have time this morning). We're using MMM pricing for Anejo/Opus. Have to add the rarity factor in as well though.

My humi is getting low, I want so many of these sticks but I don't have good matches. What is the rule on adding sticks that are already in the pass? I looked but didn't really see any guidelines for that. I would like to put original cigars in but the premiums I have to swap for the ones I want are mostly already in there.

Preliminary list: (T / P)

75 Partagas 160 robusto minor ($15.75) / ESG #22 torpedo ($18.00)
83 Padron 26 #6 ($12.00) / AF Hemingway Untold Story ($12.50)
97 Padron 64 maduro torpedo ($15.00) / Illusione 23 culebra ($21)
100 Oliva Master Blends 2 ($7.20) / GAR robusto grande ($7.35)
112 AF Anejo #55 ($9.75) / OpusX Perfecxion X ($12.00)

I know the Illusione 23 is actually three cigars, but since it's purchased as a unit can it be counted as one? Thanks guys!

My humi is getting low, I want so many of these sticks but I don't have good matches. What is the rule on adding sticks that are already in the pass? I looked but didn't really see any guidelines for that. I would like to put original cigars in but the premiums I have to swap for the ones I want are mostly already in there.

Preliminary list: (T / P)

75 Partagas 160 robusto minor ($15.75) / ESG #22 torpedo ($18.00)
83 Padron 26 #6 ($12.00) / AF Hemingway Untold Story ($12.50)
97 Padron 64 maduro torpedo ($15.00) / Illusione 23 culebra ($21)
100 Oliva Master Blends 2 ($7.20) / GAR robusto grande ($7.35)
112 AF Anejo #55 ($9.75) / OpusX Perfecxion X ($12.00)

I know the Illusione 23 is actually three cigars, but since it's purchased as a unit can it be counted as one? Thanks guys!

These all look great! It was stated somewhere that it's preferable not to put duplicates in. If you have anything else you can trade for the Partagas or Padron, please do so. If you absolutely have nothing else, then I'm going to allow these two as we are winding down with the pass, and as long as there are no objections.

Looks good to me :thumbs: I was going to put a ESG 22 as well until I realized that there was already one in there.

BTW...the pass was 9.5 pounds when it went out yesterday. If it stayed in my house any longer I would have had a problem exercising restraint and it would have gone out a little lighter :whistling:

I'm going to go ahead and end the contest tonight at 9:00 p.m. EST. There's still a few that haven't guessed, so better c'mon!

Pass arrived, everything looks great! I like the lock-boxes, those look handy. I will swap out my sticks and get it on the way to DDF tomorrow!

The actual number was 426. Robbie, you were closest to it so you get a fiver my man! I'll have it out to you tomorrow. Thanks all for playing!!

DesktopCountContest.jpg

Ok here are my first three puts. At least one more to follow.
T: CAO Anthem Coffin/ P: God of Fire 2006 Pyramid
T: Opus X Per. X/ P: LFD Factory Press Limitado I
T: Gurkha Grand Mater Dos Capas/ P: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto
Here is some info on them.

-GOF Torpedos are now released in 10ct. boxes to certain GOF retailers, and the prices have dropped from the 2005's. Hence why I don't feel this is an over-put, but rather right on the $. The CAO America Anthems can also be found at quite a few b&m's (at least in the texas realm) as they all got the humidors and broke up the sets and sold them individually for $19/ stick.

-The LFD Limitado 1 hasn't been made in years. LFD is now producing the Limitado IV's, and soon the Limitado III's will be hard to find. This is considered one of the HTF's of the LFD brand, and they can't be picked up at a b&m typically for less than $12. Seeing as the cigar is no longer made, it's difficult to lock-in a price on them, however, the rarity is much greater than that of an opus, as the opus's are rare, but consistently produced, whereas the LFD's are no longer made, and never will be again. You can see BigJake's review and analyization of the smoke by clicking: HERE

Thanks Guys! Let me know what everyone thinks! :thumbs:

Pass sent out Friday, sorry for the late reply, I've been under the weather.
I should have used Click and Ship, but I forgot my password and couldn't get back in, so I got raped on postage, $28 because it was to a farther zone or something. Ouch.

no response to my p's and t's hmm must be easter.

Apparently the package was delivered today while I was out, I will pick it up tom. from the post office.