• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

^^ not sure whether it matters or not, but all 3 of those puts are slightly under value from the takes.

For the record, I think it's fine being that it's within $1.00 of overall t/p's so I call those good. Anyone else's opinion?

Edit to add:

I'm only calling those good if I can call dibs on that firecracker! :p:sign:

I think you can safely round the LFD Double Press at $7.1995 to $7.20. Way to nail the price = price. :thumbs:

Pass is on the way Dan-O!! 12 hour turn around not bad.

DC#03091830000068566669

FYI it only cost me $9.50 to ship with DC.

T: #33 Tat VI - Victorias - 5.62
p: fire cracker - 5

The firecrackers are harder to find and the Tat is not one of their reserves, but price for price that .62 is greater than 10% of the value of either stick, so I'd question that one.

The others look good to me. :thumbs:

Let's give these a shot:

T: #21 Liga Privada No. 9 Belicoso - 10.76
p: LG Oscuro chisel - 10.60

T: #56 Cain Maduro - 7.20
p: double press - 7.19

Understandably, the first is only sixteen cents difference, however what is the correct amount to allow through the pass? Should there be a buffer? Say there's another section added in the rules that a Put can be fifteen cent under and still be acceptable. A trade is made for fiftteen cent under, then the next trade is made for another fifteen cent under, then the next. Of course, this is an extreme example, however we don't want the last passers to end up getting much lesser sticks to choose from.

This is where the equal or better rule comes into play. If I allow these that are under, then I have no choice but to allow it in the rest of the pass, which may or may not happen. I know some pass hosts will allow a buffer, however I stated in the beginning I would be strict on the rules in this pass. I want to hear more thoughts on that first trade. Would you allow it and if so, why? If not, why?

Second is good, last one is a no go. A box of the Firecrackers are $100 a box. Is there a site out there that has them listed at $125?

Thanks for the clarification Kingantz. And I'm going to assume by looking at the map that it ultimately comes back to you with a plethora of new smokes for you also?

Once it makes it back to me, I hope there will be a few smokes that I have yet to try.

I agree with you Greg on the buffer, with such a long list of participants, this is the exact issue I had, but in reverse. Instead of things getting too pricey, who knows, with this many participants, by the time it got to you, at a 16 cent reduction per person, there may be some fresh White Owls inside.
:sign:

Don't be like me and get discouraged, there's plenty of time to find a cigar that's as great a match as your 2nd T/P.

Good luck.

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

Is this the cigar we are talking about for the trade? and if so what year? There is a rarity factor in these now as they are considered vintages by LFD. With this in mind, and the Liga being a not too hard to find stick, it may change the conversation.

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

Is this the cigar we are talking about for the trade? and if so what year? There is a rarity factor in these now as they are considered vintages by LFD. With this in mind, and the Liga being a not too hard to find stick, it may change the conversation.

Excellent question!

Let's give these a shot:

Understandably, the first is only sixteen cents difference, however what is the correct amount to allow through the pass? Should there be a buffer? Say there's another section added in the rules that a Put can be fifteen cent under and still be acceptable. A trade is made for fiftteen cent under, then the next trade is made for another fifteen cent under, then the next. Of course, this is an extreme example, however we don't want the last passers to end up getting much lesser sticks to choose from.

This is where the equal or better rule comes into play. If I allow these that are under, then I have no choice but to allow it in the rest of the pass, which may or may not happen. I know some pass hosts will allow a buffer, however I stated in the beginning I would be strict on the rules in this pass. I want to hear more thoughts on that first trade. Would you allow it and if so, why? If not, why?

Second is good, last one is a no go. A box of the Firecrackers are $100 a box. Is there a site out there that has them listed at $125?

If I was doing the takes/puts I would try to balance out the total. For instance, if the first stick I put was 15 cents less than the stick I took, then for my second take I would put in a cigar that was about 15 cents more than the second cigar I took. A couple caveats, if the difference is plus/minus 5 cents or less, then that is a fair trade and I am not going to worry about it. If the difference is more than a dollar then it's not a fair trade and I would have to find a different put. On the other hand we could be sticklers for the equal or better rule, but if we use 15 cents as the buffer then it's possible for a $10 stick at the beginning of the pass to end up being a $7 stick at the end. Just my two cents.

Let's give these a shot:

If I was doing the takes/puts I would try to balance out the total. For instance, if the first stick I put was 15 cents less than the stick I took, then for my second take I would put in a cigar that was about 15 cents more than the second cigar I took. A couple caveats, if the difference is plus/minus 5 cents or less, then that is a fair trade and I am not going to worry about it. If the difference is more than a dollar then it's not a fair trade and I would have to find a different put. On the other hand we could be sticklers for the equal or better rule, but if we use 15 cents as the buffer then it's possible for a $10 stick at the beginning of the pass to end up being a $7 stick at the end. Just my two cents.

Good post, however one of the biggest no no's of a pass is to assume one trade at a higher price can make up for a separate trade at a lower price. Each trade is treated as one trade alone, cannot offset with another.

Let's give these a shot:

Good post, however one of the biggest no no's of a pass is to assume one trade at a higher price can make up for a separate trade at a lower price. Each trade is treated as one trade alone, cannot offset with another.

Damn newbs.

Glad I didn't jump in on this pass, I would have definately been lost. Just thought it was a little easier but now after following this from the beginning I am a little more familiar with what goes on in a pass. After all this work, I'm guessing the next class won't be for a little bit, giving my sticks a little time to age! :thumbs:

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

The LGD in question is the 2009 Vintage Chisel Puro Oscuro (5.5x54).

I see where I jacked up the price for the Firecracker:

Lets try this:

P: DPG Cuban Classic (black band) Robo - 5.68

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

Lets try this:

Seeing how there's a good bit of interest in the Firecracker, we can go with the Firecracker as the put for the Havana VI. Let's go ahead and ride with that Chisel as well, I'm sure someone may want to try that bad boy. What say you?

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

Lets try this:

Seeing how there's a good bit of interest in the Firecracker, we can go with the Firecracker as the put for the Havana VI. Let's go ahead and ride with that Chisel as well, I'm sure someone may want to try that bad boy. What say you?

I say it's your pass and what you say goes. :p

LITTO GOMEZ DIEZ ANOS;
Chisel Puro (5X50)

Lets try this:

I say it's your pass and what you say goes. :p

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm good with the DP Firecracker being left in, it's something not every shop carries as opposed to the Black Label.

As for the LG chisel, I know it's a strong smoke, but from what people say in their reviews, "ya gotta at least try one!" Whether you can finish one is more the problem :laugh:

Back