• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigars 101" Newbie pass 3

Thanks for participating, Heatmiser! Please post the DC# when you have a chance. Jovenhut, you can post your puts/takes when you're ready!

I am thinking this for right now.

T: (40) La Aurora Preferidos Gold MSRP $12 P: (42) Zino Platinum Low Rider (6x43) MSRP $12
T: (38) Camacho Coyolar Titan MSRP $7 P: (43) Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic (7x48) MSRP $8
T: (25) Padron 1926 Serie No.6 Maduro MSRP $12 P: (44) Diamond Crown Torpedo (6X54) MSRP $16

I'll see if any others catch my eye when the box gets here.

thanks for allowing me to be part of this Great Pass

Looking good keep putting them fine sticks in for me to cjose from guys!!

Step

Jovenhut,
A couple things:
1) Is the Diamond Crown the No. 7? I ask because you have it listed as 6 x 54, and cigarcyclopedia.com doesn't show a Diamond Crown in that size. The closest I saw was the No. 7 at 6 3/4 x 54.
2) When doing puts and takes, the general rule is to use the prices the cigars in question sell for rather than MSRP. An easy way to find this price is by using cigarcyclopedia.com's comparison shopper, found here.

I believe the T's and P's look good, but I'll hold off giving my final opinion until you let me know about the DC.

OK fellas, here's a quick contest for just the participants in this pass. Yes, it's one of my dreaded "search" contests so it might take a little time to get the answers. You can post your answers ONE time with NO EDITING! You edit or make multiple posts guessing and you're DQ'ed. 5 simple questions to be answered and the contest will end by Super Bowl kickoff.

1) Who did I bomb to start the Newbie/FOG war last year?
2) What kind of humidor do I have?
3) Why am I referred to as #2 ?
4) Who is the first person I bombed?
5) Who was the first person jfields and I bombed as the "Bomb Brothers"?

Prize for the winning persn is a La Aurora Preferidos Treasure Box! Good luck boys!

Jovenhut,
A couple things:
1) Is the Diamond Crown the No. 7? I ask because you have it listed as 6 x 54, and cigarcyclopedia.com doesn't show a Diamond Crown in that size. The closest I saw was the No. 7 at 6 3/4 x 54.
2) When doing puts and takes, the general rule is to use the prices the cigars in question sell for rather than MSRP. An easy way to find this price is by using cigarcyclopedia.com's comparison shopper, found here.

I believe the T's and P's look good, but I'll hold off giving my final opinion until you let me know about the DC.

My bad its a Diamond Crown - Pyramid No. 7 $17.50 (Its definately a Torpedo Shape)
The CigarFamily site has new pictures to confirm as the picture on the Chart is pretty bad .

OK fellas, here's a quick contest for just the participants in this pass. Yes, it's one of my dreaded "search" contests so it might take a little time to get the answers. You can post your answers ONE time with NO EDITING! You edit or make multiple posts guessing and you're DQ'ed. 5 simple questions to be answered and the contest will end by Super Bowl kickoff.

1) Who did I bomb to start the Newbie/FOG war last year?
2) What kind of humidor do I have?
3) Why am I referred to as #2 ?
4) Who is the first person I bombed?
5) Who was the first person jfields and I bombed as the "Bomb Brothers"?

Prize for the winning persn is a La Aurora Preferidos Treasure Box! Good luck boys!

I'm about to totally show my newbieness and leave myself wide open for ridicule and contempt, but what the hell is a 'bomb'? I have a fairly good idea from just reading different posts, but please define it just for the record and for the other newbies who would like to know and haven't asked.

Well here is my guess, some of these were pretty hard to find. How did I do?

1) Who did I bomb to start the Newbie/FOG war last year? Miami Cubano
2) What kind of humidor do I have? Robusto by Greg
3) Why am I referred to as #2 ? Infinity is Brian #1, you are Brian #2
4) Who is the first person I bombed? CigarStone
5) Who was the first person jfields and I bombed as the "Bomb Brothers"? NorCalCigarLover

Well here is my guess, some of these were pretty hard to find. How did I do?

1) Who did I bomb to start the Newbie/FOG war last year? Miami Cubano
2) What kind of humidor do I have? Robusto by Greg
3) Why am I referred to as #2 ? Infinity is Brian #1, you are Brian #2
4) Who is the first person I bombed? CigarStone
5) Who was the first person jfields and I bombed as the "Bomb Brothers"? NorCalCigarLover
Nicely done! Guess I should have made it a little harder! PM me your addy.

Brian

Thanks Jonesy. PM Sent.

By the way, I have a propensity for tatoos as well. And the fact that I work as an IT manager makes it even worse. It took me a long time before I got any on my arms below the elbow, but once I started I couldn't stop. I have been in the industry long enough that I don't get too much crap for it, but it is funny how people look at you sometimes.

Dave

Good job on the contest, Dave! Class, stay tuned. We'll have another contest some time next week.

OK, I have a little harder contest this time...open to pass participants only. Give me the date you think I'll receive the pass. The person closest without going past the receiving date gets a nice prize pack.

Rules
1) 1 guess per person
2) no editing your post
3) Guesses must be posted in this thread by Feb 7th @ 6pm EST

Prize
Diamond Crown #7 maduro
Opus X xXx
Montecristo #2 '06
Bolivar Gold Medal '07
HdM Petite Robusto '05

Great idea for a contest (and a nice prize as well)! I am going to guess March 25th.

March 31st is my guess for the contest

I got the box tonight and will have it out by Friday

OK, I have a little harder contest this time...open to pass participants only. Give me the date you think I'll receive the pass. The person closest without going past the receiving date gets a nice prize pack.

Rules
1) 1 guess per person
2) no editing your post
3) Guesses must be posted in this thread by Feb 7th @ 6pm EST

Prize
Diamond Crown #7 maduro
Opus X xXx
Montecristo #2 '06
Bolivar Gold Medal '07
HdM Petite Robusto '05

I'm guessing March 25th

I'm about to totally show my newbieness and leave myself wide open for ridicule and contempt, but what the hell is a 'bomb'? I have a fairly good idea from just reading different posts, but please define it just for the record and for the other newbies who would like to know and haven't asked.
A bomb is when someone wants to show a random act of kindness towards someone else. It might be a fiver of cigars, coffee, a cutter, whatever the person wants to send. I like to research who I'm going to bomb and then send them stuff I know they like or want. If I bomb a newbie, I usually send them some of my favorite sticks to try out. Sometimes, it's out in the open, other times it's behind the scenes, it just depends on how much fun I want to have with that person. There's no better feeling than seeing that vhs box in your mailbox that your not expecting.....except for the feeling you get after you know that you've made someone elses day by gifting them. Hope this helps.