• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crawfish Boil

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
We recently did a Crawfish boil.  Crawfish are one of my favorite types of shellfish.  This time, I purchased them from cajuncrawfish.com, and I couldn't have been happier!  They all arrived in perfect condition (and alive).  I went with the biggest size they offer, which is amazingly huge!  They were the size of small lobsters.  Almost too big.  I think I'll go with the Select size next time. 

This time I didn't have to purge them either, as the company puts the crawfish in a holding tank with high oxygen levels for up to 24 hours before shipping.  They all arrived really clean, and ready to boil.

Here's what went into the boil:
  • 2 lbs of spices
  • Garlic
  • Lemon
  • Onions
  • Potatoes
  • Fresh corn
  • Gulf Shrimp
  • Live Crawfish

Here are some pictures...

DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0367.JPG

What was the 2 pounds of spices that you used?

Looks delicious Rod, those are some of the biggest crawfish I've ever seen!  :thumbs:

The spice mix is similar to Zatarain's boil mix (it came with the crawfish, special mixture from the farm), plus I added fresh garlic, black/lemon pepper, hot pepper, etc.

This was 15 lbs of crawfish, and there were 7 of us.  MORE than enough.  Next time I'll buy 10 lbs, and not such a large size either.  Field Run is too small, but I think Select would be a better size.  

Damn that looks delicious Rod!

Need an LSU flag and some more cajuns. Looks good though.

Nice Bugs!!!!

Serve with some Pearl or Jax beer and you are god to go!

T

Looks great, gotta love the nice size too.

Does everyone in your party do the abdomen suck? Do you enforce it or just let them eat tail only if they want? I'm asking because some of my friends and family finds it gnarly and told me that they wouldn't do it... but it would be hard for me not to invite them but invite others.

I keep searching and reading this post every single year! I have always wanted to do a Crawfish boil. Maybe this year will be the year? :confused:

What size stockpot did you use? I need to purchase all of the hardware and I was thinking about cooking about 30lbs of crawfish. If I do purchase the hardware then I will also finally get to do a fried turkey this Thanksgiving.

I was looking into getting this: https://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classi...TF8&qid=1524833630&sr=8-1&keywords=bayou+boil

But if anyone has any other recommendations I would appreciate it.

God this made my mouth water. Just wanted to add that it looks amazing brother.

We used to do Low Country Boil fairly often when my mom was alive, but I haven't really since even though I've got the pot. Those are some good looking crawfish!

~Boar