• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans and Customs

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.

SgtRick,

This is completely uncalled for and you should apologize right away.

John is right. Any unbanded or "re-banded" cigars will be confiscated by customs in Kuwait. They will also take any cigars (regardless of origin) in excess of 100.

Dammit SgtRick, you're making me feel compelled to actually like, and want to defend, JHolmes. :laugh:

Why can't we all just get along!?

Planet-of-the-Apes-Photograph-C11797467_t250.jpeg

Do you realize how much effort you would have to put into getting along?????????? Opinions are like azz-holes; we should sit on them, not be one of them! :sign:

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all ...

Your assumptions are so far off base, you've made yourself look like an idiot. I'll be waiting over here for your apology.

Thanks for the posts of support, guys. :thumbs:

-John

This is an odd turn of events, isn't it?

Just giving you a hard time John. :)

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.

:laugh: Oh man, this is just too funny! Take your own advice SgtRick! :laugh:

Hey, don't take it out on John, use your pent up aggression to take out a few insurgents! Hooah!

I've seen a lot of movies on 'Nam, doesn't that make me a military expert? John

Just a thought, I dunno bout military customs, but if one wanted to bring a few back, they could wear a pair of cargo shorts/ pants to keep a few tubos on your person. Ive had bags checked but have never been patted down or anything like that. I would think so long as you don't set off the metal detector and don't cram so many on you that it looks ridiculous, it could be rather easy to sneak 10 or so in. Its worked for me. Boxes and larger quantities are another story, not sure there.... Stay safe out there guys, We appreciate everything you do for us, and you'll always get professional curtousy from me if you get stopped in nj.

and you'll always get professional curtousy from me if you get stopped in nj.
That goes for any CP member too lol, keep a CP hat in you windshield, u never know who else a cigar lover!

Just a thought, I dunno bout military customs, but if one wanted to bring a few back, they could wear a pair of cargo shorts/ pants to keep a few tubos on your person. Ive had bags checked but have never been patted down or anything like that. I would think so long as you don't set off the metal detector and don't cram so many on you that it looks ridiculous, it could be rather easy to sneak 10 or so in. Its worked for me. Boxes and larger quantities are another story, not sure there.... Stay safe out there guys, We appreciate everything you do for us, and you'll always get professional curtousy from me if you get stopped in nj.

That goes for any CP member too lol, keep a CP hat in you windshield, u never know who else a cigar lover!

I've heard that secreting them in your anus is a sure way to sneak them past customs.

Is this part of the forum PUBLIC? If so, gosh...some of you guys are just asking to be looked at...

ETA: Brojoe, something about this just tells me you might be wearing a star or a shield when you go to "the office." Just the way you worded it...

Stay safe out there guys, We appreciate everything you do for us, and you'll always get professional curtousy from me if you get stopped in nj.

Just something to think about as you are actively describing how to smuggle in illegal goods, as well as "specific enforcement."

Is this part of the forum PUBLIC? If so, gosh...some of you guys are just asking to be looked at...

ETA: Brojoe, something about this just tells me you might be wearing a star or a shield when you go to "the office." Just the way you worded it...

Stay safe out there guys, We appreciate everything you do for us, and you'll always get professional curtousy from me if you get stopped in nj.

Just something to think about as you are actively describing how to smuggle in illegal goods, as well as "specific enforcement."

I see your point, however i feel life is too short to worry about bringing a couple cigars back from vacation. As for selective enforcement, aside from not caring about how many tickets I write, the break I give to a friend or officer I give to random people all the time. If a service member, or anyone for that matter, wants to enjoy a good cigar so be it. If you saw how seized cigars are "disposed of" by customs it all seems so stupid. Frankly, there's bigger things to worry about. I believe in being realistic and fair, not being a robot. . Being "looked at" is the least of my worries, I would prefer staying away from things like being shot, stabbed or run over :D You do make a good point nonetheless, I just don't worry about it. Apologies if I may have offended anyone. just my .02