• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans and Customs

There is information that says it can be done in certain circumstances.

http://www.legalmatc...ar-lawyers.html

That information is incorrect. Updated US Treasury Policy : Link

owned-15863.jpg

:laugh:

If I only had a Sir Winnie for every time a noob provided evidence that it was possible for an American citizen to legally acquire Cuban cigars. :p

I was not providing evidence. If you read my post it didn't say Grateful1 was wrong. I didn't state it was gospel. It does not matter to me as I am not a diplomat anyways. ;) . Now if I could have a Sir Winnie for everytime someone misunderstood what I was trying to say I would have alot of CC cigars. I may also be poor from the fines for violating the embargo. :laugh:

I'm completely ignorant of customs laws for those who serve (and thanks to all of you gents) but, as MoeCizlak pointed out, absent any obvious indication that they are contraband, Customs cannot stop us regular folks. So bandless smokes should get through.
I have been told that customs tariffs are only waived for items for personal consumption and that the general rule of thumb is 2 boxes. More than that, they can't confiscate but they can tax.

More importantly, I'm new to this. Is it better to age Whatchamacallits cello on or just rest the chocolate on the dried cedar? :)

I'm completely ignorant of customs laws for those who serve (and thanks to all of you gents) but, as MoeCizlak pointed out, absent any obvious indication that they are contraband, Customs cannot stop us regular folks. So bandless smokes should get through.
I have been told that customs tariffs are only waived for items for personal consumption and that the general rule of thumb is 2 boxes. More than that, they can't confiscate but they can tax.

More importantly, I'm new to this. Is it better to age Whatchamacallits cello on or just rest the chocolate on the dried cedar? :)

Did you read the linky?

Also, unbanded smokes are usually automatically considered contraband and taken.
When you bring them in, you are suppose to have proof of purchase.

As for those who serve, they have to abide by the laws of the USA as well!

Oh...it's you! :D