• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans and Customs

I just came back from a really long stay in Cuba and At the moment I have four Cohba Esplendido wodden boxes with 25 cigars in each box. They come with a guarantee and a receipt. I am willing to sell them at a way better price than I bought them. I also have a box of Cohiba Exquisitos. All of the boxes were bought directly from Hotel Habana Libre. If one wishes to check the quality of the cigars it can be arranged.
Contact me if interested

I just came back from a really long stay in Cuba and At the moment I have four Cohba Esplendido wodden boxes with 25 cigars in each box. They come with a guarantee and a receipt. I am willing to sell them at a way better price than I bought them. I also have a box of Cohiba Exquisitos. All of the boxes were bought directly from Hotel Habana Libre. If one wishes to check the quality of the cigars it can be arranged.
Contact me if interested

oh boy ...

Contact me if interested
....sorry Charlie, if they aren't the glass top "LE" smokes, I'm not remotely interested......:sign:

Damn Todd, you are on the ball today somethin fierce

I spend a few tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. When I went to customs in Kuwait we had to dump our bags in a bin and then the Air Force Guys looked at it. I don't believe we had to empty our pockets. I had a few items that where made for me while I was there (not cigars). Normally they would not have been allowed but I talked to the Air Force inspector and he let me bring the item anyway. So really it has to do with the mood of the inspector. I wouldn't try to sneak anything out of Kuwait. Talk to customs and if you are polite and its not a large quantity of things most of the time they will work with you. Other than that I have no advice. Just do what is right and if they say no Don't argue the point just follow orders.

Tim
SSG US Army Retired
OEF, OIF Veteran

SgtRick,

I as a fellow veteran am embarrassed at your response. It was not called for and surely did not sound like a professional soldier. There are many veterans here that gave large portions of their lives to serve this great country we live in. If you ask for advice, especially advice on something you know is clearly illegal be prepared to receive it. If you are still around you do owe John an appology. If you did and I missed it, I am sorry.

SFC Johnny Farmer, U.S. Army Retired

John it's your avatar picture that got you in trouble :laugh:

Contact me if interested

What are you asking for the Cohiba Esquisitos (and how many per box).

Thanks,

Pugman

Contact me if interested

Thanks,

Pugman

I have a feeling they're 25 count boxes...

Contact me if interested

Thanks,

Pugman

Er.... going to kind of hard for a banned member to answer a question

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.
I have spent some time trying to figure this situation out. Best I can say is it is illegal to bring Cuban tobacco products into America. If you are on a "licensed" trip to Cuba you are allowed to bring back 2 box's of cigars (but that number is left to interpretation) There are huge (up to $50,000.00) fines for non compliance. I currently have a letter to my
Senator asking how to get a "licensed visit) so I can enjoy the same fruits as my government representatives can. Sorry man, it's very illegal. Thanks for your service. Don't get too upset at the FOGS...........

I'm a little surprised this one is still here and getting replies. Nice patience, Gents.

Trey

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.
I have spent some time trying to figure this situation out. Best I can say is it is illegal to bring Cuban tobacco products into America. If you are on a "licensed" trip to Cuba you are allowed to bring back 2 box's of cigars (but that number is left to interpretation) There are huge (up to $50,000.00) fines for non compliance. I currently have a letter to my
Senator asking how to get a "licensed visit) so I can enjoy the same fruits as my government representatives can. Sorry man, it's very illegal. Thanks for your service. Don't get too upset at the FOGS...........

Really?

What Can Be Brought Back
If U.S. travelers return from Cuba with goods of Cuban origin, such goods, with the exception of informational materials, may be seized at Customs’ discretion [Section 515.204 of the Regulations]. Cuban cigars and rum are routinely confiscated at U.S. ports of entry. Purchasing Cuban cigars and rum in a "duty-free" shop at the Havana Airport does not exempt them from seizure by U.S. Customs. There are no limits on the import or export of informational materials [Section 515.206 of the Regulations]. Information and informational materials such as books, films, artworks, posters, photographs, tapes and CDs are statutorily exempt from regulation under the embargo and may be transported freely; however, blank tapes and CDs are not considered informational materials and may be seized. To be considered informational material, artworks must be classified under Chapter subheading 9701, 9702, or 9703 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (for example, original paintings, drawings, pastels, engravings, prints, and sculptures are all exempt.)

There is information that says it can be done in certain circumstances.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/cuban-cigar-lawyers.html