• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dalwhinnie 29 yo Cask Strength - Group buy opportunity.

I'm sipping it now. For 116 proof, it's a very smooth dram. Great nose. I pick up the hints of peatiness that AVB mentions in his review. At the same time, it's pretty sweet. Couple this with the price for a 29 year old bottle and I can say this. Jonas, put me down for another bottle, please!!!

Considering my bottle is going to remain sealed for an extended period of time I'm hoping more people share their thoughts on this one.

2nd round of bottles are out the door!

Israel - Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 2522 4480
Lou - Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 1473 8721
Khari - Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 3571 0249
Pat - Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 0425 2961
James - Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7496 7842 3856

Also, there is one bottle left over so if you wanted in on this but missed it, this is your chance! Shoot me a PM.

I decided to open my bottle. I simply couldn't wait any longer.

Because of this forum and AVB in particular, I have started the long journey of good bourbon and scotch.

I have several very good bourbons and rums, again thanks to Ray. This is my first good scotch.

I carefully removed the bottle from the case, stripped away the seal, and pulled the cork.

I poured a small dram into a nice Orrefors crystal glass.

I swirled the lovely liquid around in the glass and slowly passed it under my nose.

BLAM!!!! Apple aromas overwhelmed my senses along with a huge blast of alcohol. Ya got to be careful because this stuff will burn your nose hairs. Ray hit this right on the head with his review. The honey sweetness is right there at the end. I did not cut this with water because I wanted to experience all of the tastes at full power. WOW!!!!

You must remember that I am a complete noob; so, I do not have any scotch experience with which to compare, but this is a seriously good liquor.

This was certainly a good choice to start my scotch journey.

Thanks Jonas for the opportunity.

edit to add: also quite a bit of vanilla in the nose. Damn, I'm going to pour just a little more :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for that right moment to crack into this lovely bottle. The anticipation will make it all the more sweet.

I decided to open my bottle. I simply couldn't wait any longer.

Because of this forum and AVB in particular, I have started the long journey of good bourbon and scotch.

I have several very good bourbons and rums, again thanks to Ray. This is my first good scotch.

I carefully removed the bottle from the case, stripped away the seal, and pulled the cork.

I poured a small dram into a nice Orrefors crystal glass.

I swirled the lovely liquid around in the glass and slowly passed it under my nose.

BLAM!!!! Apple aromas overwhelmed my senses along with a huge blast of alcohol. Ya got to be careful because this stuff will burn your nose hairs. Ray hit this right on the head with his review. The honey sweetness is right there at the end. I did not cut this with water because I wanted to experience all of the tastes at full power. WOW!!!!

You must remember that I am a complete noob; so, I do not have any scotch experience with which to compare, but this is a seriously good liquor.

This was certainly a good choice to start my scotch journey.

Thanks Jonas for the opportunity.

edit to add: also quite a bit of vanilla in the nose. Damn, I'm going to pour just a little more :rolleyes:
Great review!!!! Thanks for making me wish that I had snatched a bottle!

Gentlemen:

If I could suggest that you put the reviews either with my review thread or in a new thread it will make it easier for other people to find and read them.