• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damn The Torpedoes Pass

wpeloqui

Hi Gang,

I would like to start my first box pass. I am fond of Torpedo style, 50x6", cigars. I have a box of Cohibas, Cuba Libra and Lone Wolf sticks. My idea is to send out 7 sets of three for a total of 21 cigars. I already have a Rubberdor (I prefer Rubbermaid products :) ) and a supply of Climmax beads for hydration. These are daily smoker grade cigars and I expect each participant to take one of each and replace them with something equivalent.

This is my first box pass and I submit this for review and approval by the experts.

Thanks in advance,

Willie

Well - I'm no expert or anything resembling it - but I did have one opinion:

I'm not sure about the fun of having a pass where the Takes are essentially fixed from the beginning. This seems to take out at least half the fun, IMO...

I think this kind of pass works for very rare cigars (like Moki's box of PMM's) - but for things that everyone can get fairly easily - I'm not so sure.

I'm curious to see who jumps in - this does look like a good initial pass for folks that haven't tried those three sticks* - and will go quickly since it is limited to 7 members...

Good luck! :thumbs:

- Oak

* Unfortunately, I have tried these three, so I'm going to have to pass on your pass - but thumbs up on the creative idea!

The typical CP pass is a mix of smokes. I was under the impression that the original cigar box pass involved the purchase of a single box and passing it around. My intent is to get a better mix and try other cigars.

The selection I have to offer is limited, but I would expect this would be a good newbie pass.

Willie

wpeloqui said:
The typical CP pass is a mix of smokes. I was under the impression that the original cigar box pass involved the purchase of a single box and passing it around. My intent is to get a better mix and try other cigars.

The selection I have to offer is limited, but I would expect this would be a good newbie pass.

Willie
I never knew that (but then, I'm a super newbie)... Makes sense, I had just never seen that before.

Best of luck...

- Oak

wpeloqui said:
. I was under the impression that the original cigar box pass involved the purchase of a single box and passing it around.
Yep, this is how box passes started. My question is are you going to make the rest of the cigars (tossed in by the players) off limits to other players? or can we pick from whatever is in there at the time?

LMK

Phil

Phil said:
wpeloqui said:
. I was under the impression that the original cigar box pass involved the purchase of a single box and passing it around.
Yep, this is how box passes started. My question is are you going to make the rest of the cigars (tossed in by the players) off limits to other players? or can we pick from whatever is in there at the time?

LMK

Phil
My question is are you going to make the rest of the cigars (tossed in by the players) off limits to other players? or can we pick from whatever is in there at the time?

I don't really know. What do you suggest? I was thinking that the original 3 types were required swaps, but more would be better.

I don't know what is meant by Cohiba "Red Dot". Does that indicate "non/ismo"? I will post pictures when this forms up a little more.

Willie

There are two different kinds of non-isom Cohibas - check the label of the Cohibas and see if the "o" is colored in red (ie, red dots).

Cohiba Red Dot is a black label with a red Dot in the Cohiba (where the O is bolded)

Okay I see what you getting at bro, ought to be fun.

Phil

This will be my "shakedown" pass. When I get the hang of it I will get a box of something good and pass it around.

Willie

Start sending addresses. I will count up my Torpedoes and get this ball rolling. :D

Willie

wpeloqui said:
Start sending addresses. I will count up my Torpedoes and get this ball rolling. :D

Willie
my address is in my profile! :D

(woohooo, I finally get to say that to someone else ;) )

Im Game if you would have me :thumbs: I haven't tried to many cigars.

ok, must be a sailor at heart....

the way I count it #7 is still open.....

Let me jump on this too.....

MMM, torpedo's is that a new word for dog rocket's?

oh by the way WP, I didn't catch your intro....welcome to CP....Looks like your jumping in head first....make sure your not at the shallow end...

I just counted up the Cohibas I have in my humidor. I guess I have been smoking that box for too long as I only have 4 left. I am going to pick up some La Gloria Cubanas to put into the pass as well.