• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Diademas Finas

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Todays Smoke - Davidoff Diademas Finas
Location - Gasline offleash dog park trail (Anchorage, AK)
Weather - Sunny as hell
Temp - 28 degrees (above... finally)
Companions - 2 cigar loving pooches

Well... since I'm too poor to join the upstart 'Cabinet Society' here in town :laugh: , this is my lounge (this one's for you Tiara-Boy!)

I've hiked, biked and skied every trail and know it well. The cigar loving pooches do to. I reach into the humi, and they immediately go nuts and run for the door. They always seem to know...

Anyways, some years ago I did a trade with a great BOTL here that got kinda 'fishy'. So, today in digging thru my coolidor looking for some wish granting cigars, I ran across a Davidoff Diademas Finas that was in the 'fishy' deal. I figured I better light this sucker up (finally) and make sure it's the real deal :whistling:

After parking and releasing the hounds, I clipped this sucker and toasted, torched and puffed. Man, the flavors! A sweet flowery/citrusy hint was the first thing that hit me, with a sweet sensual aroma that drove me nuts. I got a ton of orange peel, some spice, lots of cedar, a little bit of tobacco and tons upon tons of vanilla in every mouthful of thick smoke.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
C'mon folks... anyone that has seen my reviews knows it's merely a 'like it' or 'hate it' review... my taste buds are not sophisticated enough to distinguish individual flavors. I'll leave that to the professional reviewers here! I just know there are a lot of flavors and that's good enough for me. If I like it, so much the better... and I did like this one. I'd actually rate it as fantabulistic. I really wasn't lying about the aroma however... for some reason it just struck me as a nice sweet smell that pleased me every time I got a good whiff of it. Porter really seemed to like this cigar too as he stayed unusually close to me the whole walk. The cigar seemed to be a little on the mild side, but overall it was rather enjoyable and a great choice for an awesome hike in the woods. I'd smoke it again given the chance! :thumbs: Enjoy the pics!

Sadly, what you cannot see in the pics is that Mt. McKinley, North America's highest peak, is visible on the horizon. And, it's over 250 miles away! But the photos just do not show it for some reason. But it's there... honest! And yes - those are hideous sunglasses. But they are cheap. And, my ability to hold onto sunglasses is directly and inversely proportional to their 'cool' factor and cost. So the more fancy and expensive they are the sooner I lose them (or they get stolen)

Sounds like a great cigar and a great afternoon! Your dogs are beautiful brother, glad they enjoy smoking as much as you do. :laugh:

A sissy Californian like me couldn't smoke in cold like that, my hat is off to you! Very nice review, I hadn't heard of this particular cigar before, but it sounded nice! Glad you had a day that let you enjoy a stick and walking the pooches. :thumbs:

Sounds like you had a great day. I have smoked a couple of these and love them. I think I have one left and am going to have to find it and smoke it.

Ken

These are fantastic cigars. I love them. Great review Jim. I enjoy these much more than the Robustos they put out.

These are fantastic cigars. I love them. Great review Jim. I enjoy these much more than the Robustos they put out.

I agree, I love these. I haven't smoked one in a long while, though. I'll have to see if I ave any left.

So I guess it was the real deal then. I've had the Robusto and it was just ok not as much going on as I hoped. I think I need to give the Diademas Finas a try when it gets warmer here of course. I dont know if I could handle 28.

Awesome review and very much enjoyed the pics! I got chills just looking at the snow! :laugh:

Back