• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Nicaragua

whopper

big freak
Anyone tried these yet? 

My preferable smokes are Nicaraguan puro's so these are piquing my  interest.

I think it's a fantastic cigar.  It's very different than just about any Nicaraguan smoke out there...much more refined and a lot smoother.  I'd say it's a solid medium body cigar.  It's one of my favorite Davis out there, along with the Puro D'Oro line and the Colorado Claros.

I really enjoyed the one that I had.  I have a two more sitting in the humi waiting to be smoked.  I would agree with the medium body.

I've had two, Robusto and Toro, and enjoyed both.  Actually, I got to pick up a few more. 

I smoke Davidoffs often and these did not dissapoint.My issue with them has always been pricing or I would smoke more of them.

tone-ny said:
I smoke Davidoffs often and these did not dissapoint.My issue with them has always been pricing or I would smoke more of them.
Amen!

Have to agree with tone-ny. My poor excuse for a B&M carries these , but for a small shop he add another $2 on top of usual retail. Hard to lean in that direction.

Thanks for the replies.  I picked up a few robustos to try.

They're over $20 a stick at my local B&M. For that kinda money it should do a lot more than just taste good!

ironpeddler said:
They're over $20 a stick at my local B&M. For that kinda money it should do a lot more than just taste good!
Gary they are very good, but the price is the issue. YMMV

I'm in love with the tubo robusto. Unfortunately like most relationships, we might have to break up over money. :)

tone-ny said:
I really like Davidoff's, I smoke them only occasionally for the same reason.

My robusto's arrived today.  Got them for $ 13.25 a stick. :0

At that price they will have to be the greatest cigar I ever smoked for me to re-order.

They do look and smell nice.  The tubos is a classy touch as well.

Apparently the Davidoff Business model justifies the high prices they charge.  I feel they would attract more buyers with a more reasonably priced product, but that doesn't seem to be part of their plan.

broblues said:
Apparently the Davidoff Business model justifies the high prices they charge.  I feel they would attract more buyers with a more reasonably priced product, but that doesn't seem to be part of their plan.

I like Davis and always have for their quality. Next time you get a chance to look at a box look at the way they match their wrappers and the way they are roilled.Yes at a lower price point I would certainly buy and smoke more of them.

Where is Grateful1 did he say Group Buy?

tone-ny said:

I like Davis and always have for their quality. Next time you get a chance to look at a box look at the way they match their wrappers and the way they are roilled.Yes at a lower price point I would certainly buy and smoke more of them.

Where is Grateful1 did he say Group Buy?
Im in!

Tall Paul and I tried the robusto's this afternoon at my local B&M. They were $14.50 each and I would say they were medium body as well. Very good cigar overall but at that price range I would rather smoke something else.

I was gifted one and am still on the fence about this blend. It is different than, say the Millennium blend, which I love. 

Light this! said:
Tall Paul and I tried the robusto's this afternoon at my local B&M. They were $14.50 each and I would say they were medium body as well. Very good cigar overall but at that price range I would rather smoke something else.
Thanks again for the smokes and company brother. It was good to get out of the house!

I agree with Kris. I'm not a big Davidoff fan and have had a few of their regular line and ther series R but out of all of the smokes I would say this was my favorite Davidoff but still to pricey for that size smoke. I was even more shocked to see the petite corona was $10.99 damn that's a pricy little stick.

Paul

Tall Paul said:

Davidoff but still to pricey for that size smoke. I was even more shocked to see the petite corona was $10.99 damn that's a pricey little stick.

...and that is the Davidoff MO in a nut shell!