• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Nicaragua

I smoked one of my Robusto's last week.  It's definitely not a full-bodied cigar.  It was the smoothest and creamiest Nic puro I have smoked.  However at the price point I won't be putting it into the regular line up. 

Smoked one that was a hitch hiker on a trade.  Nice smoke that I really enjoyed, for me it is medium bodied but closely hinging on the full bodied side.  The price point at the local B&M's are just too steep.

I had one a few weeks ago.  It smelled phenominal.  After lighting, it was medium bodied, very smooth, and ultimately boring.  However, there's a chance they could be good with age...?  I wouldn't mind trying another just to see if it was the same experience; but yeah, at $20 a stick, I may not. 

tsmckenney said:
I had one a few weeks ago.  It smelled phenominal.  After lighting, it was medium bodied, very smooth, and ultimately boring.  However, there's a chance they could be good with age...?  I wouldn't mind trying another just to see if it was the same experience; but yeah, at $20 a stick, I may not. 

I just saw that CI has the robustos for about $13.20 each....plus shipping. Are they worth that in your opinion?

Thanks

I think theyre great but I would just get a few. There are other good options for the money, as always.

ironpeddler said:

I just saw that CI has the robustos for about $13.20 each....plus shipping. Are they worth that in your opinion?

Thanks

I don't have a solid opinion on them.  I've only had one of them, but I would definitely try another for $13.

tsmckenney said:

Thanks

I don't have a solid opinion on them.  I've only had one of them, but I would definitely try another for $13.

That's good enough for me!  :thumbs:

ironpeddler said:

Thanks

That's good enough for me!  :thumbs:

Gary I'm curious on your opinion once you smoke them so please share.

I just tried the Toro size this afternoon at a B&M with my neighbor. I felt that it smoked cooler than the Robusto due to the slightly bigger ring gage. It was smooth, creamy and medium bodied. Like the Robusto size a good cigar overall but towards the end for me kinda one dimensional as well. This one cost me $18 bucks. At $18 I wouldn't buy it but somewhere around $10-12 I would. 

edit to add: I had burn issues all the way thru but I'm thinking that was the B&M's doing as these were on display on a table near the entrance. Who knows how long they were out there.

gallery_14060_1820_3138.jpg

Yeah, maybe I don't need another, as that was exactly my take on them.  That cigar really fooled me though.  When you smell the tobacco at the foot, wow!  I picked up cinnamon, sweet oats, that classic Davidoff hay...  I thought it was going to be amazing.  A handjob, when you were expecting 69.  Solid letdown. 

tsmckenney said:
Yeah, maybe I don't need another, as that was exactly my take on them.  That cigar really fooled me though.  When you smell the tobacco at the foot, wow!  I picked up cinnamon, sweet oats, that classic Davidoff hay...  I thought it was going to be amazing.  A handjob, when you were expecting 69.  Solid letdown. 

I didn't fully understand your disappointment until I read that part of your comment... Man, I feel your pain... :laugh: :laugh:

Light this! said:
I just tried the Toro size this afternoon at a B&M with my neighbor. I felt that it smoked cooler than the Robusto due to the slightly bigger ring gage. It was smooth, creamy and medium bodied. Like the Robusto size a good cigar overall but towards the end for me kinda one dimensional as well. This one cost me $18 bucks. At $18 I wouldn't buy it but somewhere around $10-12 I would. 

gallery_14060_1820_3138.jpg

Great pic. brother!

Came across these over the weekend.  As mentioned earlier, the Davidoff Nicaragua carries the same steep price tag as the regular Davidoffs.  Just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger as I haven't been a big fan of Davidoffs, or the vast majority of Kelner's blends for that matter.  Is there something wrong with me?  Scratch that...my wife already answered that question for me.

A friend of mine had a box of these sticks and I can say that they are a bit overpriced, but still a good cigar with nice aroma.If you wanna fin a good cigar visit this site Vipcubancigars

I think I'm going to order a four pack next order. On the fence over the Perla or the Toro.
I'm wondering if, due to the smaller ring, the Perla might be perceived as a bit more powerful on the palate.
The Toro seems to get the most accolades. We'll see. I'll report back in a month once I get them in, acclimate them, and smoke one or both.

My B&M carries these. I had the pleasure of being at the shop when he popped open the box, thus earning me the chance to smoke the first one. Granted, I generally refrain from smoking cigars right out of being shipped (too many issues associated with being over/under humidified), however, he talked me into it.

I'm not normally a big Davidoff fan simply because of the price point (at that cost, I'd just as soon smoke a 1926), but I was pleasantly surprised by this cigar. Very top notch quality, as is to be expected, but it had a bit more richness on too of the usual Davidoff smoothness I'm used to. The Nicaraguan tobacco has that delicious coffee undertone mixed with spice I just love. Fantastic, though expensive.

Ok...About a week or so ago, I broke down and bought a Davidoff Nicaragua Toro from the Davidoff store on Madison Avenue as I was walking across town to meet my wife @ Ippudo for some ramen.  I had some time to kill, so I smoked it in their lounge.  Maybe not the best decision, it was pretty packed (meaning smoky) that night as it was drizzling out.  Honestly, it was a really smooth cigar.  Not what I'm used to from a Nicaraguan cigar.  Very smooth as CRQ mentioned.  Because of the aforementioned smoke, I was most likely unable to pick up all the nuances the cigar may have offered.  Still, it was not worth the price of admission, at least not to me.  I'd rathe smoke a Serie 1926 Padron Maduro @ this price point.  But that's just me.

whopper said:
I smoked one of my Robusto's last week.  It's definitely not a full-bodied cigar.  It was the smoothest and creamiest Nic puro I have smoked.  However at the price point I won't be putting it into the regular line up.

I have to retract the above statement.  I smoked another one on Friday and it blew me away this time enough for me to order some more. 

I don't know if it was the four months in the humidor or just the setting in which I smoked but WOW!!!!